scfitness92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How can I look better?

Hello! I am new here and am looking for some direction and steps to take.

I have been running and lifting for a a few years for the health benefits but never had a specific goal in mind. I've got a decent strength base built up with my squat, deadlift and other compounds.
    Now I want to look good!

I don't think I look bad, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I've been very fixated on the idea of bikini comp, but I can't afford it anytime soon. I even dreamed about it last night!

What I am most unhappy with is my waist (and butt cellulite). It's 27"at the smallest point and looks too thick for my body. How do I get it smaller in proportion to the rest of me? I've lost weight before and always lose it off my butt and legs and my waist stays big. How do I get around this?

How far away am I from having visible abs? Should I focus on cardio?

How do you stay motivated and disciplined to keep counting macros and dieting when you aren't competing? I want to look better, but that's awfully vague.

Thanks!

All pics are relaxed except the one where I am wearing jeans.
    Attached Images

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't see anything wrong with your waist and all of your pics are pretty much just your waist and butt.

Cardio does nothing. To lose fat you have to eat in a deficit. Doesn't matter how you achieve that deficit. Just eat less.

What are your current stats? Height/weight...

Honestly from what I can see of your pics your waist and butt look just fine. If you feel disproportionate, you could work on building up legs and shoulders to get a more hourglass shape.

What exactly don't you like? I get that you feel like your waist is too big, but it's not. What does your back look like? Quads/hamstrings? Shoulders?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoremma will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your waist is fine. You've got quite narrow hips too, and together they give you a really athletic look.

If my shape is anything to go by, the tradeoff for a small waist is a disproportionately large bottom/thighs (not absolutely big, but in relation to waist/bust). My thighs will never look like yours.

Everyone's got something they envy on others. Work with your natural shape, it's good!

Originally Posted by doctoremma View Post
    Your waist is fine. You've got quite narrow hips too, and together they give you a really athletic look.

If my shape is anything to go by, the tradeoff for a small waist is a disproportionately large bottom/thighs (not absolutely big, but in relation to waist/bust). My thighs will never look like yours.

Everyone's got something they envy on others. Work with your natural shape, it's good!
    How many times a week should I train legs?

I weighed in at 121.4 this morning and I'm 5' 6.5". My scale says 14% body fat but there's no way. I've tried different workouts and gained upper body size but have lost a lot of leg strength and size over the past 2 months because I went from working them 4-5X a week to 1-2 times in hopes that some recovery time would help. It's frustrating to feel so top heavy. My friends recommend strong curves & I own the book but I can't seem to get into it because I can't do the super sets as the gym is CONSTANTLY crowded.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by scfitness92 View Post
    I weighed in at 121.4 this morning and I'm 5' 6.5". My scale says 14% body fat but there's no way. I've tried different workouts and gained upper body size but have lost a lot of leg strength and size over the past 2 months because I went from working them 4-5X a week to 1-2 times in hopes that some recovery time would help. It's frustrating to feel so top heavy. My friends recommend strong curves & I own the book but I can't seem to get into it because I can't do the super sets as the gym is CONSTANTLY crowded.
    Those scales are complete garbage in terms of measuring body fat. You are very light for your height - you should focus on building. Get on a solid lifting routine and eat in a surplus adequate to gain 1-2 lbs per month. And do it until you gain at least 10 lbs. Bulk through the winter, train hard, then cut in time for summer.

If you can't follow one program because it doesn't fit with your gym or setup, go on to the next one. There are several awesome bulking routines - PHUL, PHAT, etc.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."