ilyuxab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question I just can't feel my biceps :(

I have rather weak biceps and this is because I can't find the right workout to feel it. I never feel any "good" pain after my biceps workout. What would you recommend me to start feeling it and understand how to make it grow ?

pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im gonna guess its a technique problem. start with a light weight that you can do with perfect form and focus on a full contraction.

Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    barbell, barbell, barbell.

PROPER FORM (not the crap 3/4 people do)
    I am new.

My desire is to keep this hobby my whole life, and turn it into a career by going to school for something in the health, fitness and nutrition field.

Thanks for any help.

LOG http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7073471

Sinsate17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinsate17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinsate17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinsate17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinsate17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinsate17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinsate17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a similar problem - mine almost never get sore unless I do the following:

Warmup with 15 or so reps - prevents injury, and helps get slightly better lifts. I do this twice.
    2 Working sets: anywhere from 6-9 reps works well for me.
    Throw in a heavy set (or two) that I can only do for 1-5 reps or so. (I will cheat to get the last one up, but do a 3-4 second negative)
    Burnout with warmup weight.
    6-7 sets for ONE bicep exercise, and I do two, so thats 12-14 sets. I do them unilaterally cause my left arm needs to catch up.

But, that's just what works for me. Unfortunately my triceps require twice as much work, it seems.
    Good form helps a LOT. Difficult lifts, like spider curls, are a great idea. You will, unfortunately, need to find what works for YOU, so experiment with even just forced negatives, low rest periods, tempo, whatever.
    And I'm just going to assume you're working your whole body and eating enough. They'll grow.
    Last edited by Sinsate17; 04-06-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: repeated myself
    Roughly 13% body fat and 26.5" on waist - Relaxed.
    6" Wrists.

mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfbarbmff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A lot of times when people are not feeling the intended parts working, is due to the lack of mind-muscle connection.

Just curious, do you flex your biceps regularly? If not, maybe you should start trying. Flexing doesn't necessarily work your muscles but you definitely gain a coordination of how to utilize the muscle. My left bicep is a bit smaller than my right, and I have noticed that flexing with my left also feels a bit more uncomfortable or weird than flexing with my right.

Many ppl complain about not being able to feel the back while working them. It's due the similar reasons.

Practice makes perfect. Good luck.

Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500) Shylock is not very helpful. (-500)
    You might have slow twitch muscle fibres. I suggest you increase reps.

Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weak biceps may also mean a weak back. How are your back exercises going?
    Some good barbell curls with proper form and contracting on the way up should help you feel it.

actually my back lacks strengh, too, maybe it is the reason for biceps not responding my efforts

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's a good technique for you :

When lifting the barbell, squeeze your triceps.

dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try something like spider curls, maybe not the biggest mass builder around, but easier to feel the movement. Don't go to heavy and squeeze and hold the contraction at the top briefly. Try 8-10 reps.

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ilyuxab View Post
    I have rather weak biceps and this is because I can't find the right workout to feel it. I never feel any "good" pain after my biceps workout. What would you recommend me to start feeling it and understand how to make it grow ?
    first post your biceps workout.

also do you grip the weights really hard with your forearms? try lowering the weight and keep your shoulders back, elbows at the sides and contract the bis while keeping the forearms neutral and just a means of holding the weight not choking it.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You need unilateral movements. Use dumbells.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Get your form down by using a weight that you can handle and squeeze at the peak of the contraction and increase as needed. Work on slow reps to get your mind muscle connection going. Make sure you are eating enough. Also feeling sore after a workout is not a good sign to judge how great your workout was.
    GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

my workout is:

1) Standing Barbell Curls
    12-10-8 reps
    2) Incline Dumbbell Curls
    15-12-10 reps
    3) Dumbbell Concentration Curls
    12-10-8 reps (but I feel my technic sucks)

Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My advice to you

1. Get form and technique down. Squeeze as hard as you can at the top and keep full tension on the muscle when working it.
    2. Try at least 1 set of warmups for each bicep exercise to get it warm and keep it warm. 15-25 reps should be enough to get the blood flowing and the biceps ready to work.
    3. Try different rep schemes and different weights. Switch it up everyonce and a while.
    4. See above. Maybe you don't have soreness because your biceps are used to what you are already doing?
    5. Are you training your biceps hard enough, not enough, or too much? Ask yourself that. Often over training will make you stall.
    6. Lift hard, eat alot, sleep alot, and get a regimented program you can stick to!

my workout is:

1) Standing Barbell Curls
    12-10-8 reps
    2) Incline Dumbbell Curls
    15-12-10 reps
    3) Dumbbell Concentration Curls
    12-10-8 reps (but I feel my technic sucks)
    PA (Erie) ABC CHAPTER
    http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17465

My 2009 Journey - Hell in a Cell
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=339746291

Where I Roam:
    http://www.animalpak.com

Who I am:
    Erie Pennsylvania Animal Barbell Club Coordinator

TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    actually my back lacks strengh, too, maybe it is the reason for biceps not responding my efforts
    Since you're back is weak as well lets start there, your biceps will get a nice workout at the same time.

I do back/biceps on Sundays, here is my current routine

Bent over barbell row - 1 warmup set, 4 working sets
    Pulldowns - 4 sets
    Seated cable rows - 4 sets
    Dumbell rows - 4 sets

Now we move into bicep work
    Suppinating hammer curls - form over weight, 4 sets
    Concentration curls - again form over weight, 4 sets
    reverse grip barbell curls - 6 reps, drop the weight 10 lbs, 6 more reps, drop weight, repeat - 3 sets

Try that.

jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Use good form 1st and try perfect curls and drag curls. Those were 2 of Gironda's that have helped me feel the contraction in the bicep the most. Also, use a weight you can handle until you get the movements down correctly.

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE