Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sachin2016 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Help on keto - 6 pack abs

Guys After doing keto for almost 2 months. I have lost 15kg from 99 to 84kg
    Now my Body Weight=185 lbs
    Height=5' 11"
    Bf is below 15-16% not sure

Should i continue doing keto ? My GOAL is 6 pack abs ???
    Right now I am taking 1300-1400-1500 calries weekly rotate.

Share views.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There really is no benefit to KETO over a diet that includes carbs given the calorie and protein numbers are the same. If you LIKE keto then continue. If you'd really like some carbs then don't do keto. Simple as that....
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So I have been eating Ketogenic since Aug.27 of 2015, as well as supplementing with exogenous ketones.
    I experimented on myself for about 4 months, then started some testing on some people I train and some family members who wanted to drop some body fat, but we're having a really heard time due to sugar addiction. I have seen amazing results, personally and with those I am working with.
    During the past year I have gotten much better educated, become associated with Phd. scientists at the top of this field, like Dominic D'Agostino, Jeff Volek, Jacob Wilson (who has a lifting program on this very site) Angela Poff, Dr. Mary Newport, etc.
    These guys are doing research and publishing studies ranging from endurance athlete performance, sports performance, Alzheimer's, targeting cancer with ketosis, down to the benefits for normal people.
    Feel free to message me if you want more info!
    �����Dirty�����South�����Crew�����
    FORMER GYM OWNER

DIRTY TEXAN

COFFEE LOVER

Thanks Great. Please share What to do My goal is 6 pack abs. Check my images in attachments. Yes I also love keto and I have no issue with ketogenic diet but someone said i can't achive 6 packs with keto. I need to do carb backloading ? What do you think ?

Originally Posted by pratherian View Post
    So I have been eating Ketogenic since Aug.27 of 2015, as well as supplementing with exogenous ketones.
    I experimented on myself for about 4 months, then started some testing on some people I train and some family members who wanted to drop some body fat, but we're having a really heard time due to sugar addiction. I have seen amazing results, personally and with those I am working with.
    During the past year I have gotten much better educated, become associated with Phd. scientists at the top of this field, like Dominic D'Agostino, Jeff Volek, Jacob Wilson (who has a lifting program on this very site) Angela Poff, Dr. Mary Newport, etc.
    These guys are doing research and publishing studies ranging from endurance athlete performance, sports performance, Alzheimer's, targeting cancer with ketosis, down to the benefits for normal people.
    Feel free to message me if you want more info!

I am on keto with below-10gm carb per day only. What do you think Keto is good for my goal which is 6 pack abs ?? Just want opinion.... Someone suggested me carb backloading ? What do you think ?

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    There really is no benefit to KETO over a diet that includes carbs given the calorie and protein numbers are the same. If you LIKE keto then continue. If you'd really like some carbs then don't do keto. Simple as that....

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Sachin2016 View Post
    I am on keto with below-10gm carb per day only. What do you think Keto is good for my goal which is 6 pack abs ?? Just want opinion.... Someone suggested me carb backloading ? What do you think ?
    Again. KETO has no benefit when it comes to fatloss. Carb backloading is a waste of time and energy. No need to make something so simple so complicated.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    join us in the keto sub-forum....always seems alot of hate for keto on the main forums IMO, dont expect much here.
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post
    join us in the keto sub-forum....always seems alot of hate for keto on the main forums IMO, dont expect much here.
    Please explain why you feel KETO is superior to a carb diet for fatloss given the same calories and protein. I'm all ears.....

Just to clarify, there is no KETO hate as it's a personal choice however touting KETO over a more "Normal" diet for fatloss is mis informing people and that's where the problems are

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Nobody is hating on it. People just seem to do it, like pretty much all other dietary options for the wrong reasons.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Sure. Please give me link where it is ?
    YES I have also seen that most of the people don't like keto. But In my case Results are there. 15 kg in 2 months. :P No other diet can do this Never with naturally.

How can you say this ? When i have already achieved 15kg fatloss with kETO ONLY. I am just asking Why you are giving this statement ? Any science behind this ?

Again. KETO has no benefit when it comes to fatloss. Carb backloading is a waste of time and energy. No need to make something so simple so complicated.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Sure. Please give me link where it is ?
    YES I have also seen that most of the people don't like keto. But In my case Results are there. 15 kg in 2 months. :P No other diet can do this Never with naturally.
    Yes there is.
    How can you say this ? When i have already achieved 15kg fatloss with kETO ONLY. I am just asking Why you are giving this statement ? Any science behind this ?
    So none of that 15kg was water or glycogen?
    Eat the damn yolk.

Tell me the diet which give fast results ?

U can say that out of 33 lbs
    6-7 lbs is glycogen/water

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Yes there is.

So none of that 15kg was water or glycogen?

Tell me the diet which give fast results ?

U can say that out of 33 lbs
    6-7 lbs is glycogen/water
    Simply eating in a deficit will give you results as quick as you want depending on how big the deficit is.

How can you tell its 6-7lbs?

What was your diet like before keto? Macros/cals?
    Eat the damn yolk.

Plenty.

You lost weight because of your deficit not because of a certain macro split. Many time people will simply eliminate carbs thinking this is KETO but it isn't. They lose a bunch of weight and proclaim the carbs were the problem in reality they simply were taking in less calories by eliminating the carbs.

People that do true KETO that don't count calories generally lose weight because for some people a lot of fat keeps them full longer so they automatically just eat fewer calories overall. It always come down to calories.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    All that means is that you were eating fewer calories overall while on the "Keto diet" than you were before..

Nothing else.

Agree but in any normal diet. We reduce calories overall. yes Agree in keto I eat very less calories. Share any normal diet which u think is effective for long term

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    All that means is that you were eating fewer calories overall while on the "Keto diet" than you were before..

Nothing else.

. Share any normal diet which u think is effective for long term
    Any diet that has sufficient protein and fats that you can adhere to

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tlshilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What are good reasons for going on a "Keto Diet"? I'm just curious because I honestly can't think of when this would be beneficial?
    Height 5'6

Weight 175

Bench 285- Goal 315

Squat 375- Goal 405

Deadlift 385- Goal 455

pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not gonna argue with anyone. I have the data that backs my beliefs 100% (those beliefs have changed) I am the old school macro counting gym owner, certified as a specialist in fitness nutrition, blah blah blah.

In a three month test on a 50 year old woman in my gym, who was already on a Ketogenic high fat low carb diet (extremely disciplined) and lifts a MUSCLE BUILDING plan 5 days a week.
    The only change she made was adding a ketone supplement to boost ketones more than her body naturally produces.
    We did blood work before and after the 3 month test, as well as weekly InBody-770 body composition analysis from NASA where she works.

On ANY DIET the % weight loss averages around 18% MUSCLE LOSS.

In our 3 month test the data show my client losing less than 1% MUSCLE while losing almost 8 lbs of body fat. She was already in good shape, and since the conclusion of the 3 month test in mid March, she has continuously improved in strength gain, muscle mass, and a Dexa scan showed a marked increase in bone density.

Further studies with scientists I am associated with compared a Ketogenic diet vs carb cycling/back loading and discovered the same amount of weight loss over same amount of time.
    Unfortunately, the weight loss on carb cycling was from loss of MUSCLE.

We ate like cave men for millions of years. Sugar has only been in the human diet to the masses since the late 1800's and has devastated our planet.

More and more scientific study and peer reviewed research is coming out daily on the benefits of ketones as a superior fuel source.
    Medical professionals and sports folks are slowly admitting they were taught wrong and getting with the program.

Visible abs are caused by lowering your body fat enough to uncover them. Period.

InB4 tl/dnr
    �����Dirty�����South�����Crew�����
    FORMER GYM OWNER

DIRTY TEXAN

COFFEE LOVER

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol strong n=1 and caveman fallacy

Eliminating carbs to stave off muscle loss..............
    Doubtful

18% muscle loss? That's a very ambiguous statement

Fruit, veggies and grains only being in our diets since the 1800's?
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 08-08-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tlshilling View Post
    What are good reasons for going on a "Keto Diet"? I'm just curious because I honestly can't think of when this would be beneficial?
    When you find out.....please let me know.

Every time I've attempted Keto Diet....I fail cause it never seems satisfying.

I've read uncountable posters saying the "magic powers" of high fat cutting appetite.....
    but never seem to work with me.

Just an example chart from one of my tracking on MyFitness

Lunch
    3 large eggs 210
    3 TB butter 300
    4 oz chicken 210

Dinner
    (same)
    total 1440 cal

Tried that for a few days........was crazy hungry each day.

Was I doing something wrong? Or did I need more time for those "fat hungry killing"powers to kick in?

Originally Posted by 4one View Post
    When you find out.....please let me know.

Every time I've attempted Keto Diet....I fail cause it never seems satisfying.

I've read uncountable posters saying the "magic powers" of high fat cutting appetite.....
    but never seem to work with me.

Just an example chart from one of my tracking on MyFitness

Lunch
    3 large eggs 210
    3 TB butter 300
    4 oz chicken 210

Dinner
    (same)
    total 1440 cal

Tried that for a few days........was crazy hungry each day.

Was I doing something wrong? Or did I need more time for those "fat hungry killing"powers to kick in?
    it usually takes about a week to wean yourself from carbs

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please explain why you feel KETO is superior to a carb diet for fatloss given the same calories and protein. I'm all ears.....
    ^^ seriously failing to see how I said it was superior..
    if you read what I said "join us in the keto sub-forum....always seems alot of hate for keto on the main forums IMO, dont expect much here."

...DERP DE DERP...comprehension not once.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Nobody is hating on it. People just seem to do it, like pretty much all other dietary options for the wrong reasons.
    good to know they aren't hating it...I know one diet isnt superior by any means, I just dont think it gets the love that it could because people arent able to stuff their face with poptarts and ice cream but thats just a theory
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

^

I just dont think it gets the love that it could because people arent able to stuff their face with poptarts and ice cream but thats just a theory
    That's a really F'in stupid comment. Typical though....
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 08-08-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a really F'in stupid comment. Typical though....
    Lol this x1000.
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you read what I said "join us in the keto sub-forum....always seems alot of hate for keto on the main forums IMO, dont expect much here."

good to know they aren't hating it...I know one diet isnt superior by any means, I just dont think it gets the love that it could because people arent able to stuff their face with poptarts and ice cream but thats just a theory
    Lmao you again? Listen I am not going to be the one to call names or bash but you were already told by many other people before that keto is NOT superior as far as fat loss/muscle retention goes but you have obviously haven't learnt anything so I am just going to assume you are a bit slow on the uptake. What Tommy, Luclin and Gxp said is correct and if for personal preference reasons you like to follow keto then by all means do it just don't go around preaching how it has some superior properties for losing fat quicker and retaining more muscle considering the size of the deficit and other relative factors remain constant.
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Guys After doing keto for almost 2 months. I have lost 15kg from 99 to 84kg
    Now my Body Weight=185 lbs
    Height=5' 11"
    Bf is below 15-16% not sure

Should i continue doing keto ? My GOAL is 6 pack abs ???
    Right now I am taking 1300-1400-1500 calries weekly rotate.

Share views.
    At 15% BF you might want to strongly consider slowing down your rate of loss week to week. .5-1% of your total mass in losses a week is pretty reasonable.

No way to answer if you should keep doing keto. What you should do though is make sure you are supporting your training with adequate nutritional content.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Meh, there are days when I barely eat any carbs. I really enjoy foods high in fats/pro. Couple of nights a go I had a cheese and veggie omelette for breakfast, chicken pesto salad for lunch and steak, veggies and root mash for dinner and a shake before bed. Then last night I had potatoes for dinner followed by a bowl of ice cream. I think mostly it comes down to preference and how one likes to approach their diet. I have known quite a few posters on here who follow a keto based diet and by that I mean that was there diet 24/7, they didnt use keto for cutting so to speak...keto was their dietary lifestyle for the lot.
    Eat the damn yolk.