x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000)

Will Donating Plasma Inhibit Muscle Growth?

I had a client of mine ask this to me yesterday and I could not give him an answer. I did some research and plasma is made up of protein so his question could be valid. Does anyone know if this could be plausable.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by x Idealist x View Post
    I had a client of mine ask this to me yesterday and I could not give him an answer. I did some research and plasma is made up of protein so his question could be valid. Does anyone know if this could be plausable.
    I didn't research this but I Highly doubt it.

There is a reason that we can donate blood, plasma, semen, etc. w/ little side effects because our bodies are constantly creating more....

Will it effect a workout or 2 after the donation? Possibly

Will it have lasting effects on muscle growth? Highly Unlikely
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The last time I gave blood, they said not to work out or do "strenuous" work for 48 hours I don't think anyone really listens to that hahaha Depends on your client's weight. If they're closer to the 100 pound range, then they are giving out more blood/plasma compared to someone closer to the 200 pound range.
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only way I could see it having any residual long term effect is if you were to donate once a week or so.

genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The protein in plasma has nothing to do with muscle growth. The majority of the protein in plasma is Albumin, its used for transport and to help create an osmotic gradient in the blood. The remainder of the protein is immunoglobulins and other minor proteins.

Amino acids are whats transported to muscles for muscle growth. Not intact proteins
    The body is lazy, unless you give it a reason to grow it won't

Tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherf*cker in the valley

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds - Henry Rollins

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by genepool View Post
    The protein in plasma has nothing to do with muscle growth. The majority of the protein in plasma is Albumin, its used for transport and to help create an osmotic gradient in the blood. The remainder of the protein is immunoglobulins and other minor proteins.

Amino acids are whats transported to muscles for muscle growth. Not intact proteins
    I donated plasma (for pay) twice per week in college for a few weeks. Some kids were doing it the entire semester for money.

A couple times will not hurt you, but regular donations will DEFINITELY impact your recovery. The kids that kept going got noticeably pale and weaker.

Also, when I turned 18, I donated whole bolod 5x/year. That definitely cut into my progress.

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post

There is a reason that we can donate blood, plasma, semen, etc. w/ little side effects because our bodies are constantly creating more....

I'd rep this, but they're saying I gotta spread the rep around first.

=\
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

^^This. I know from personal experience it affects your workouts the day after, but hey the 30 bucks was worth it at the time lol.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So long as you don't do too much aerobic exercise you'd be fine. The lack of as many red blood cells as you're used to having would deprive the body from getting as much oxygenated blood to where it needs to go during high intensity aerobics. I'd probably stay away from too much on the legs in the way of anaerobic exercise as well just to be on the safe side... don't want you passing out now do we?

In fact when you add blood before a race or marathon they even have a term for it (Blood doping). This is considered an unfair advantage because you can get more oxygen around the body with less effort due to the massive amount of red blood cells.
    NASM CPT
    ISSA CFT

I do it because I can
    I can because I want to
    I want to because you say I can't

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JulianBee View Post
    ^^This. I know from personal experience it affects your workouts the day after, but hey the 30 bucks was worth it at the time lol.
    The real question is whether or not semen donation will alter muscle growth
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

do work son.

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by trance__dreamer View Post
    do work son.
    Lol
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

apprentice8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    The last time I gave blood, they said not to work out or do "strenuous" work for 48 hours I don't think anyone really listens to that hahaha Depends on your client's weight. If they're closer to the 100 pound range, then they are giving out more blood/plasma compared to someone closer to the 200 pound range.
    That's not necessarily true. At the place I go to, the amount they take depends on your weight. They would take less for someone who weighs 100 lbs than they would for someone who weighs 200 lbs. And actually, you aren't allowed to donate unless you weigh at least 125 anyway (again, at the place I go to - every place may be different).

mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its definitely not a good idea. Especially if you are doing it more than once a week. It will take strength a way as well as your body will be working on creating that blood plasma back instead of focusing mainly on muscle growth.
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why are you donating plasma anyway? Get a job...
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My answer would be yes. You have just lost blood. Your body will have to re-balance itself first. The body is very sensitive to change. I've had clients try to workout after having teeth work and cause of the drugs still in there system they have trouble contracting muscles. I can always tell when a client has had and forgive me for this but vigorous sex the night before cause they will be slightly off. I said vigorous. Don't ask how I know or found out.
    http://theplayersupremeshow.info/howtoescalatetosex

Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randy95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Simply no

You do not lose blood when donating plasma, so the body does not become weaker from it. They put all the red blood cells back in you. That's why you can go twice a week. Everyone reacts differently to it, so some may need more time to recover from the donation. Biolife states you should not do strenuous activity within 5 hours after donating. Plasma is restored very quickly, almost instantly. If you drink enough water (if you are an avid lifter you should drink enough already) and eat enough to replenish what was lost. They remove from me around 880ml of plasma which really is nothing compared to how much is in you. If you notice people becoming noticeably paler and weaker from long term donating then they probably aren't drinking enough water or eating enough, these people aren't being smart about it.