MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post eating disorder to fat to decent through Carb Backloading

Hi. Matt here from Australia. I have been playing with different dieting strategies off and on the past few years and came across carb back loading (CBL) ( I presume most of you are aware of the CBL premise?). Thought I would give it a shot...nothing to lose really. And in 15 weeks I made ok progress of which I wanted to share. I didn't follow CBL to the extreme but utilised its principals in general.

Far left: 85kg (187 pounds) doing a traditional higher carb, high protein and moderate fat bulk after an eating disorder Middle: approx 15 weeks ago. 85kg (187 pounds) and 18% body fat (dexa scan measured) using a high protein, moderate carbs and moderate fat bulk / wheel spinning type of diet approach. Far right. Yesterday, 85kg, 15 % bf (dexa scan measured) after having utilized carb backloading (CBL) principles for past 15 weeks.

Now before I get flamed I am very aware it's not alot of progress in that time but considering all i did was implement CBL, drop calories by only 200 a day from maintenance and do 3-4 days light cardio a week ontop of weights....its not bad for my **** genetics. Oh and i lost my puffy nipples

me.jpg
    Last edited by MENOTBUFFED; 03-30-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    YOLO LIFE

MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50) MENOTBUFFED will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And I can not work out how to imbed pic in post....my bad
    YOLO LIFE

Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, you've done some outstanding work! That was my motivation today! Keep pushing man! Arms are SICK! Repped.

Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great job buddy
    so have you really tried all the options?
    keto/carb cycling and others and you figured CBL is the best for you?
    can you please explain more about how CBL works

Originally Posted by Greater Deity View Post
    Well, you've done some outstanding work! That was my motivation today! Keep pushing man! Arms are SICK! Repped.
    Thank you so much mate.
    YOLO LIFE

Originally Posted by Vitalero View Post
    great job buddy
    so have you really tried all the options?
    keto/carb cycling and others and you figured CBL is the best for you?
    can you please explain more about how CBL works
    Thanks mate, much appreciated. I have also attached a photo of me as I started my eating disorder recovery (round 50kg / 110 pounds) which is around 3 years before the far left pic in my original post.

Yeah I have tried a number of approaches. The worst thing I ever did was have the standard high carb type diet back when I started training. I literally just gained body fat (despite being very aware of my carb sources). Over time I have come to learn my insulin sensitivity is bad so for a while I kept carbs low all the time which didn't work very well at all. I came across CBL maybe 20 or so weeks ago. Basically the idea is to eat protein and fats all day (MCT oils preferable), train in the late afternoon / early evening then hit your carb requirements post workout up until bed. There is a heap of science / detail behind it and is a lot of info online. I train in the mornings so tweaked it a little where by I had some carbs post workout in morning then the remaining carbs before bed to fuel the next morning workout. My body just seemed to like this method. And yes...previous diet methods have been very precise and not half arsed...but using carbs the right times seems to be best for my body AND I seem to have more energy and clarify with fats most of the day rather than carbs throughout the day. That is a general overview but happy to answer specific questions

ED.png
    Last edited by MENOTBUFFED; 03-30-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    YOLO LIFE

Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thank you very much buddy
    i asked because im just finishing my bulk, currently looking like you did in the middle picture
    hope im gonna make it!

edit : out of reps, will do when refreshed

Epic stuff. Give it a shot...see how you go. If it seems like a load if crap then i guess you will never have to worry about it again and can try something different. Good luck with it all.
    YOLO LIFE

YOLO LIFE

303emjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MENOTBUFFED View Post
    What kind of carbs did u eat?

Originally Posted by 303emjr View Post
    What kind of carbs did u eat?
    90% "high GI' type carbs mate. Post workout (in the AM) (8:30ish am) would be around 100gm of mainly simple carbs with the remaining 100-150gm being consumed 1-2 hours before bed of which were simple an / or higher GI 'cleaner' carbs.

Foods post workout predominately included skinny cow ice creams (not sure if America / other countries have these) and rice crackers. Before bed would be similar or sometimes white potato and blueberries. Again this was not CBL at its strictest but was still kind of in line with the principles. I don't think the car sources will impact body composition in a negative way if in a deficit but for my body type eating In a caloric surplus using CBL and sugary carbs may be a bad thing...not sure...haven't tried 'bulking' on CBL yet.
    YOLO LIFE

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Looking great there and huge progress from your ED days ... 85kg and solid is carrying a lot of mass at 5'8". Strong physique ... what sort of weight training have you been doing during the last 15 weeks?
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MENOTBUFFED View Post
    Epic stuff. Give it a shot...see how you go. If it seems like a load if crap then i guess you will never have to worry about it again and can try something different. Good luck with it all.
    nice to figure out what works for your body! it's such a science. well done...keep at it and enjoy the journey most of all!
    Team 360CUT
    www.360Cut.com
    Http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/360cut.html

LIKE AND FOLLOW US
    ********: ********.com/360cut Twitter: @360cut Instagram: @360cut

Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000) Fritter14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Incredible work brah! Really Mirin the dedication.
    Calgary Flames

***Canadian Crew***

mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattcoppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks really good!!

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post

Looking great there and huge progress from your ED days ... 85kg and solid is carrying a lot of mass at 5'8". Strong physique ... what sort of weight training have you been doing during the last 15 weeks?
    Thank you! The past 15 weeks I changed from a 'bro split' to a push/pull/legs routine (5 days) then half way through started a upper/lower split (Based on an Alberto Nunez style plan I saw online). Helps me stay focused on progressive overload and allows decent recovery. On top of that just doing 30 min x 4 cardio sessions a week of moderate walking, not always fasted. Macros have been 2800/200/250/100 (cals /P/C/F) ish the whole time.

I have inserted a pic of the 15 weeks change month by month as well. Will add to original post. Late Dec 14 to Late March 15.

IMG_20150401_210811.jpg
    Last edited by MENOTBUFFED; 04-01-2015 at 06:30 PM.
    YOLO LIFE

Originally Posted by IFBBJENC View Post
    nice to figure out what works for your body! it's such a science. well done...keep at it and enjoy the journey most of all!
    Thank you. It certainly is but took be a long time to figure out!
    YOLO LIFE

Originally Posted by Fritter14 View Post
    Incredible work brah! Really Mirin the dedication.
    Thank you!
    YOLO LIFE

Thank you!
    YOLO LIFE

Originally Posted by mattcoppa View Post
    Looks really good!!

Thank you !
    YOLO LIFE

rossco3223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello. I realize this is an old thread, but I'm hoping the author sees this and can answer my question. It seems after all my research, I still have not found a concrete answer. I lift in the AM (9 o'clock roughly) My question is: should I consume all of my high GI carbs in my "window" directly after I workout? Or should I still wait for the evening time to replinish my stores for the next day? Thanks in advance!

Registered User NorthEastNewbie's Avatar
    NorthEastNewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^ I would like to know this as well. Currently on a cut and I've hit a bit of a plateau so I'm going to give carb backloading a try. I usuallly get to the gym for around 1pm and I was wondering when to consume my carbs. Thanks.