krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up Get Diesel JP8X: The Cult of DIESEL

Hey folks! you may remember me from... haha just kidding, anyone who would remember me is surely dead of old age by now. I haven't been on here in years, but last week I ordered some of the brand new formula of JP8X from Get Diesel and CHUCK DIESEL himself asked me if I would be willing to do a log on here for old times' sake (I did some sponsored reviews waaayy back when the products were new and was blown away) to get the word out. You may notice the brand isn't currently on the bodybuilding.com store, but it will be back soon so I figured why not. Explanation here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=165520811

JP8x is an all-in-one preworkout powder with creatine, stimulants and more. Emphasis is on "clean energy" and focus as well as increased strength gains. I've tried all the previous versions and got fantastic results. Generally I only use bulk powders when possible and mix my own pre and post workouts, but this is the one name-brand product line that has always given me better results than my own mixture and is worth the extra price (when I can afford it lolol). So needless to say, my expectations for this new version are pretty high. And I paid for it, so I'll make sure I'm extra critical!!

Right now my goals are fat loss and strength gain. I'll post my initial impressions and then periodic updates with progress on my main lifts to give an idea of how things are going. Squat and deadlift weight are disturbingly close to my bench press right now because I had a mystery knee injury for a few months that pretty much ruined everything, because what fun is life without mystery injuries? I'm somewhat lardy at the moment, thanks in large part to the injury and also assorted vacations+christmas stuff in the last couple months leading to wild food and beer feasting. Nowhere near as lardassed as my avatar pic but I will leave that the same for some additional motivation. Medium to long term goal is to get to that same level of strength without getting to the embarrassing 300+ lbs that I was in the picture.

Age 31
    Weight +/-270ish (fluctuates wildly)
    Bench 275 x 3 paused
    Incline DB 90 x 6
    Deadlift 355 x 3
    Squat 315 x 3
    DB shoulder press 85 x 7. or was it 80 x 7?
    Close grip bench 225 x 5

More to come after I get home from the gym!
    Last edited by krustster; 01-25-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    I used to be way fatter

krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here's the supplement facts

First workout was Chest Day a couple days ago. I got almost no sleep the previous night so my workout was pretty much crap. However, in spite of this I managed to get 285 x 2 on bench and 95 x 7 for incline DB. I shouldn't have tried to get that much for bench but whatever. The surprise was that in spite of burning myself out on regular bench, I actually made a colossal gain on incline, whereas usually I can only go really heavy on one or the other. I'll have to see what happens next time when hopefully I've actually slept. I couldn't comment too much on the energy and focus at this point as I just felt like death in general.

One thing though was the taste. GET DIESEL powders have gotten a reputation for tasting anywhere from "tolerable" to "gross". The only one I had trouble with was the grape one back in the day that literally made me throw up. I know a lot of people say the previous Hardcore version was undrinkably bad, but it contains Sulbutiamine--the worst tasting substance in the entire world--and no amount of flavoring can truly cover that up. I didn't have a problem with it personally. This new version though (regular, not hardcore) featuring tropical punch flavor is downright delicious. This tastes legitimately great by itself, so hopefully that's a step in the right direction for more people getting on board.
    I used to be way fatter

My heart pumps ETHER CHUCK DIESEL's Avatar
    CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000)
    sub, also thanks for trying it out, on your own dime.

Day 2- Back

2 full scoops now as I didn't have any problem with 1.5.

Much better workout this time. I "accidentally" drank some booze the previous night so the gains probably could have been better, but all things considered it was pretty good. I got to the gym within an hour after drinking the JP8x. Felt kind of weird at home, not bad-weird, but really relaxed yet focused. Not like I was desperate to get to the gym and start lifting, but more like "okay, time to get ready, no delays, let's go and get this done." Very comfortable feeling but almost too comfortable as I would have also been happy laying around the house playing video games if I had decided not to go.

Once I got to the gym with my music playing and everything it was a different story. I was starting to get a mild euphoric feeling, which I haven't had in some time from a powder, really getting into the music before sets and nodding my head and all that, which for me is a big part of having a great workout. This time I went up to 365 x 3 for deadlift. I felt that I could have gone quite a bit higher but my grip was the limiting factor--I've been using double overhand grip for months now, seeing how high I could get with it before I had to switch back to mixed. I had made it up to 405x3 with the overhand grip a couple months back, so I figured it was a result of being out of practice and did an extended hold at the end of my final set with 315 this time. So at least a 10lb gain on my 3rm, not insane as I'm "regaining lost strength" but still pretty solid. I also noticed that I was able to adjust my form in the middle of my reps without a problem, kind of hard to explain but it was like a mild slowing-down-time effect where I was able to see what I was doing wrong and correct it on the fly. Rest of the workout went very well. Very positive experience so far!
    I used to be way fatter

Day 4- Shoulders

WOOOO now this is what I'm talking about. I got distracted with some other stuff at home and ended up leaving late for the gym (since I have the day off work), it was something like 2 hours after I drank the JP8x. I was worried that the energy would wear off by the time I got there but I was still fully powered when I showed up at the gym. When doing my own powder mix, often I get lazy and take off for the gym late and feel like crap--that did not happen this time.

I still got the mild euphoric feeling, once again maximized by the intense music I was listening to (because that's how I roll). I was able to get that old feeling of excitement before sets, you know, really pumping yourself up or whatever, comes across as a tingling feeling for me. I blasted through shoulder day and this time got 85x9, 85x8, 85x8 for DB shoulder press, with a four part drop set at the end. Shrugs 295 x 7. I ended up going home because I ran out of exercises to do and now I'm still in a very good mood just sitting around at home, some light energy but relaxed at the same time.

So far this is pretty close to the old Hardcore formula but I have had no trouble sleeping on this one.
    I used to be way fatter

Day 5- Legs
    Went quite well, felt even more energetic/hyped than before, the only problem was I had to cut my heavy squat set (315) short of my goal of 5 reps because my calves were so pumped that I could barely feel them. Crazy stuff. After that I did 225 for 12 reps (working for 20), where last week I got 10. This set had to be ended because my hamstrings had such an incredible pump that I could barely contract them.

Next time I'll add some beta-alanine which should help with this. But this week should have been a light day anyway, so it worked out fine.
    I used to be way fatter

Decent chest day, once again I had to cut my heaviest set (275) slightly short because the pump was so incredible. Today did back and forgot my mp3 player but it was a "light day" anyway so I did five sets of 3 at 315. Gonna go heavy next week. I took a couple of extra days off this week for aches & pains and it seemed to be the right idea. I'll check back in a few days with some updates if anything notable happens, rather than saying "I had a good workout" every day. So far I'm impressed!
    I used to be way fatter

Thumbs up

Another little update, the stars aligned again on arm day and I completely blasted through the workout. Close grip bench I went up to 245 for three sets and had a crazy broceps pump as well which I usually have a hard time with since my bad shoulder messes me up. I had another couple of workouts after that which were okay, not great. I really need more sleep. But when I've been getting enough sleep, this powder has been giving wild energy and significant strength gains.
    I used to be way fatter

Still having on and off good/bad days, I am 95% sure this is due to my poor sleep habits. I did not have a ton of energy on back day but I forced myself to go hard and I got 385x2, yay! Today was shoulders and I had gone to bed extra early, and as a result I got incredible energy and focus from the JP8x. I managed to get 90x5 for two sets on the seated dumbell press. If I could get the DBs up to shoulder height more easily I think it would be even more incredible. Getting near the end of the jar/tub so I'll post a final wrap-up soon.
    I used to be way fatter

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great to see Get Diesel still alive and thriving, its a damn tough/saturated industry for the small guys, but I too used their products way back in the day and was always blown away with them.

Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    Great to see Get Diesel still alive and thriving, its a damn tough/saturated industry for the small guys, but I too used their products way back in the day and was always blown away with them.
    For sure, I don't have any stake in the company but I support them when I can just because I like the products so much.

Anyway I guess I shouldn't have said anything about mystery injuries, because apparently I called the curse down upon myself again. I've been laid up the last four days with back pain due to ????

But here's the final strength gain tally for one container of regular JP8X:

-Bench press went from 275x3 to 295x2 (this was after other heavy sets as well

-DB shoulder press went from 80x7 to 90x5 for 2 sets

-Deadlift went from 355x3 to 405x3

-Close grip bench went from 225x5 to 245x5 for 3 sets

-Squat stayed about the same though my form got better (shoe problems)

These gains were due in part to the great energy, focus and mood boost, but I also noticed I had a lot more explosive power, and that my strength lasted for more sets before falling off. I was able to push myself too hard too easily actually, as after a few of the early workouts I ended up feeling extremely worn out for the rest of the day, so I did "hold back" a bit to ensure recovery. The only real issue is that I wasn't getting enough sleep on a regular basis, which I can't blame on the powder itself as the problem started about a week before I began using it. If I was able to get 8-9 hours every night I think these results would have been even better.

I also took the JP8x on a couple of days where I eventually decided to skip the gym after taking it (due to aches/pains/lack of rest) and had astounding energy for most of my 8 hour work day. Not really what it's intended for of course. Anyway, highly recommended. I found it almost on par with the old JP8x Hardcore but without the "wired" feeling that kept me up the first few nights taking that one.
    I used to be way fatter

My heart pumps ETHER CHUCK DIESEL's Avatar
    CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Kruster, thanks for the info/review/log