Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BuyingProtein View Post
    I agree 100%. Sucks.
    I provided pretty practical advice to multiple ways to make close to 50k a year immediately plus lucrative longterm options. Waiting on response OP.
    ****************************G-Money******************************
    -------------------------------- Chicagoan Crew -----------------------------------
    -----------------------Da Vice President of Da Chicagoan Crew--------------------------------
    -----------=[$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$]=- (Intern on his way to CEOinggg)---------------------

Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol @ top 50 school.

I know some anthropology guy who went into marketing and apparently makes good money.
    "Lift heavy ass $hit until you die because nothing is worse than being weak." ~ Hamburger Train.

AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Graduated with honors from top 50 university and top in the state.
    Majored in Anthropology (shtty, I know)
    0 involvement in school aside from intramural basketball and weekly meetings at Investment Club
    0 work experience, literally have never had a job
    Been applying to jobs for 6 months = 0 interviews
    Don't want to live at home, driving me insane.

Clueless on what to do.
    holy **** if you wanted to get a **** major why didn't you get a **** major thats acutally fun like psychology or philosophy or graphic design?

but fuking anthropology? are you on that retard time,

and don't know why you mentioned being with honors, a 70IQ hillbilly could graduate with honor in anthropology
    *V-necks and jeans crew*

BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Gmoney23 View Post
    I provided pretty practical advice to multiple ways to make close to 50k a year immediately plus lucrative longterm options. Waiting on response OP.
    I saw your post.

For being a waiter, what restaurant are you suggesting for someone who's never waited tables before? Are you suggesting something like Outback?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean my a property consulting company. Like a realty agency?

Also bank tellers start at 10 an hour.

BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100) BuyingProtein is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Astyanax View Post
    lol @ top 50 school.

I know some anthropology guy who went into marketing and apparently makes good money.
    Why lol @ top 50? Is it not impressive?

Where is the marketing company?

Originally Posted by AJPa View Post
    holy **** if you wanted to get a **** major why didn't you get a **** major thats acutally fun like psychology or philosophy or graphic design?

but fuking anthropology? are you on that retard time,

and don't know why you mentioned being with honors, a 70IQ hillbilly could graduate with honor in anthropology
    If you read my posts you'd have realized I wanted nothing to do with anthro. I know plenty of people who won't and didn't graduate with honors. You need a decent major GPA (3.5 I think). It is easy to do that, you're right, but not everyone does well.

tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Go to law school, any major in college will be fine.

Originally Posted by tulenkot View Post
    Go to law school, any major in college will be fine.

I'm not interested in going that much further in debt. Plus law school doesn't necessarily equal a good job. I hear it's tough nowadays for law grads.

Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I saw your post.

For being a waiter, what restaurant are you suggesting for someone who's never waited tables before? Are you suggesting something like Outback?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean my a property consulting company. Like a realty agency?

Also bank tellers start at 10 an hour.
    Any decent chain, red lobster, outback, olive garden, the corporate logo is good for training you and then you can go to any restaurant you want after (fine dining you need to study wine).

Property & Casualty..... its insurance for your house, car, life insurance, disability, some even do some retirement planning. You build up a book of business. Not as glamorous as wealth management but I know multiple guys who got in young built their business and are making millions. You can also build up a ton of relationships and then move into wealth management (this is my career) and handle the retirement plans for everyone and make big money.

I know multiple bank tellers who have moved to personal banker in less than 3 months. You come in as a teller show you are smarter than the dingbat ladies behind the counter, learn about the banking products and process and become a PB right away.

I have a buddy who went teller, to personal banker, to private banking in 14 months. Private Banking he is now making 90k a year and has a chance to build his client base up as well. Top private bankers make millions as well.

That is how you can leverage yourself into careers that you can make ordinary money & turn into a HNW income career.

Or you can go get other jobs where you max out at 80k a year 15 years from now...
    -------------------------------- Chicagoan Crew -----------------------------------
    -----------------------Da Vice President of Da Chicagoan Crew--------------------------------
    -----------=[$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$]=- (Intern on his way to CEOinggg)---------------------

Any decent chain, red lobster, outback, olive garden, the corporate logo is good for training you and then you can go to any restaurant you want after (fine dining you need to study wine).

Property & Casualty..... its insurance for your house, car, life insurance, disability, some even do some retirement planning. You build up a book of business. Not as glamorous as wealth management but I know multiple guys who got in young built their business and are making millions. You can also build up a ton of relationships and then move into wealth management (this is my career) and handle the retirement plans for everyone and make big money.

I know multiple bank tellers who have moved to personal banker in less than 3 months. You come in as a teller show you are smarter than the dingbat ladies behind the counter, learn about the banking products and process and become a PB right away.

I have a buddy who went teller, to personal banker, to private banking in 14 months. Private Banking he is now making 90k a year and has a chance to build his client base up as well. Top private bankers make millions as well.

That is how you can leverage yourself into careers that you can make ordinary money & turn into a HNW income career.

Or you can go get other jobs where you max out at 80k a year 15 years from now...

Thank you so much for your post. 100% amazing. Exactly what I needed to hear.

Now to find these jobs, let's say for Property and Casualty, what job do I apply for and where (sites?) when I have 0 experience?

How did your buddy make such a drastic jump in a year? How do you show you understanding banking when you start as a teller and have no experience in banking? He's making 90k in how many years?

I definitely don't want to climb the corporate ladder in decades just to make 80k, you're 100% right there.

I also find it hard to believe that waiters at olive garden make 30k-40k *****://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20much%20do%20waiters%20at%20olive%20garde n%20make
    Last edited by BuyingProtein; 11-16-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Now to find these jobs, let's say for Property and Casualty, what job do I apply for and where (sites?) when I have 0 experience?

How did your buddy make such a drastic jump in a year? How do you show you understanding banking when you start as a teller and have no experience in banking? He's making 90k in how many years?

I definitely don't want to climb the corporate ladder in decades just to make 80k, you're 100% right there.
    Best thing you can do is go out and get it. Google your town or metro area and property & casualty insurance companies. State Farm, Farmers Insurance, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, etc.. They will want a guy that hustles. It is a relationship business so dont just fillout an application online. Stop in a bunch of local offices in the area. Tell them you want to learn about insurance and build a client base. Introduce yourself in person and be personable and I guarantee you will have job offers.

I'd suggest doing the same at banks. Tell them you have big goals. If they want to start you as a teller thats fine but ask them the exact route to becoming a PB and growth with in the bank. If you go in person and make a good impression you might even get offered a personal banker job and put through a training program.

You show your understanding of banking by reading your ass off and keeping your ears open. Ask questions, ask what you need to learn to move up from teller to banker, etc. Make an impression on the bank clients, smile and be personable, again its all about relationships.

This is his 2nd full year in private banking, there is also great bonuses available. He built relationships and learned the in's and out's of his bank. After a month he knew more about finance then all the tellers combined (keep in mind most tellers barely know ****, they are processing transactions mostly).

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    goarmy.com.

commission. take home about $35k/year to start, plus housing/food which is at least another $12k/year, depending on zipcode. after for years that'll increase by about $40k to ~$80k+ if you make rank.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Roflcopter Crew ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ PC Master Race ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆ /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\☆

Best thing you can do is go out and get it. Google your town or metro area and property & casualty insurance companies. State Farm, Farmers Insurance, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, etc.. They will want a guy that hustles. It is a relationship business so dont just fillout an application online. Stop in a bunch of local offices in the area. Tell them you want to learn about insurance and build a client base. Introduce yourself in person and be personable and I guarantee you will have job offers.

I'd suggest doing the same at banks. Tell them you have big goals. If they want to start you as a teller thats fine but ask them the exact route to becoming a PB and growth with in the bank. If you go in person and make a good impression you might even get offered a personal banker job and put through a training program.

You show your understanding of banking by reading your ass off and keeping your ears open. Ask questions, ask what you need to learn to move up from teller to banker, etc. Make an impression on the bank clients, smile and be personable, again its all about relationships.

This is his 2nd full year in private banking, there is also great bonuses available. He built relationships and learned the in's and out's of his bank. After a month he knew more about finance then all the tellers combined (keep in mind most tellers barely know ****, they are processing transactions mostly).
    Thank you for the information. Just curious, what bank does your buddy work for? I was looking up Personal Banking at Wells Fargo and many many many people said they hated Wells Fargo.

I'm also curious about what I said about waiters above ^

Originally Posted by jmonty View Post
    goarmy.com.

commission. take home about $35k/year to start, plus housing/food which is at least another $12k/year, depending on zipcode. after for years that'll increase by about $40k to ~$80k+ if you make rank.
    Then don't you need have to serve in Afghanistan? That's not for me.

I also find it hard to believe that waiters at olive garden make 30k-40k *****://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20much%20do%20waiters%20at%20olive%20garde n%20make
    The waiters that work full time always come close to at least 40k. As a 19 year old I busted my ass working 6 nights a week there (not overly hard since the shifts started at 4 or 5pm and I was out by 11pm or 12 and I made 55k at Longhorn Steakhouse (owned by the same company that owns Olive Garden). I probably made a bit more than an Olive Garden server just cause steakhouses generally have a little bit higher of average bill size so I made a bit more average tip compared to them. But, still you can easily make 40k at OG.

At 21 I got a job at arguably the best fine dining steakhouse in Chicago and routinely made over 2k a week, some weeks close to 4k.

IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IsthisreaLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Contract Archaeologist
    Corporate Analyst
    Corporate Anthropologist
    Editor
    Educational Planner
    Forensic Specialist
    Government Analyst
    High School Teacher
    Medical Researcher
    Museum Curator
    Park Ranger
    Peace Corps Staffer
    Social Worker
    Technical Writer
    Translator
    University Administrator

Thank you for the information. Just curious, what bank does your buddy work for? I was looking up Personal Banking at Wells Fargo and many many many people said they hated Wells Fargo.

I'm also curious about what I said about waiters above ^
    He's at JP Morgan. Started at the Chase Commercial branches and now he is on the JPM side of things for private banking.

Redraiders Whiteknight<3 Yero91's Avatar
    Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    See if you can become a paralegal srs.
    *Trading and investing crew*
    *Snizzle77 crew*
    *sniff hard as fukc when i see Redraider86 post so i can smell her perfume, crew*
    *Redraider86 crew*
    *Heart skips a beat when I see Redraider86 post crew*
    *shrine dedicated to Redraider86 crew*
    *saving myself for Redraider86 crew*

lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000) lazi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Drive for uber (actually srs)
    see location

Everydang u do is balloon 20Mavs11's Avatar
    20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Blows my mind how people get a major in college that they don't give two chits about.

It's like dumb and dumber 2, where he fakes as if he's in a "shock"/"coma" for 20 years just to pull a joke on his friend.

You're just faking it until you get a piece of paper then want nothing to do with it lol.

You could join the military and try and become an officer. Hard work, but you have the degree for it.
    [Dallas Cowboys][Dallas Mavericks][Texas Rangers][TCU*NCAA][DFW Crew]
    [Law of Attraction Crew]

There are glowies on the misc now. Don't fall for the bait.

He's at JP Morgan. Started at the Chase Commercial branches and now he is on the JPM side of things for private banking.
    Interesting. My cousin is Vice President at JP Morgan in Texas pulling in 500k+. If I get some banking background I could hit him up.

Also thanks so much for the information about waiting, and everything. Seriously. Appreciate it more than you know.

brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brodiddly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Majors in anthropology... Doesnt want to be an anthropologist

Originally Posted by 20Mavs11 View Post
    Blows my mind how people get a major in college that they don't give two chits about.

It's like dumb and dumber 2, where he fakes as if he's in a "shock"/"coma" for 20 years just to pull a joke on his friend.

You're just faking it until you get a piece of paper then want nothing to do with it lol.

You could join the military and try and become an officer. Hard work, but you have the degree for it.
    I agree 100%. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't think twice. I'm not interested in the military. Thanks for your advice though, seriously.

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've noticed that no one mentioned anything about my resume and I think that's why I'm getting nowhere. I want to restart it all but I'm not sure what to put on to fill space besides name, address, email, phone, education, educational awards.

I also write cover letters for every position.
    post 22 mentioned it. way to ignore people trying to help you.
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

Interesting. My cousin is Vice President at JP Morgan in Texas pulling in 500k+. If I get some banking background I could hit him up.

Also thanks so much for the information about waiting, and everything. Seriously. Appreciate it more than you know.

Yeah, you need to get in contact with him asap and findout the best route you can take.

Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tuhks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anthropology major checking in.

Currently making a little more than double that (no brag, just info).

I got into my field entirely by socializing myself to the right people. Family connections, friends with jobs, random person you meet at the bar, anything really.

I do consulting/analytics. 'Analyst' is a pretty ambiguous term that most people can socialize into as long as people like you and you seem relatively intelligent.
    Kegels in the squat rack crew
    Go to the bathroom, flex in mirror and forget to pee crew
    Goal physique = my reflection in car windows crew
    Cartoon avi is more aesthetic than me crew
    Always laugh at my own posts crew

"He can be gay or black if he wants to, but a fukn manlet is no son of mine." - Tuhks 2016

Originally Posted by OfficerJimLahey View Post
    post 22 mentioned it. way to ignore people trying to help you.

I saw the post, except he didn't really offer how I can fill the space.

If my resume is just name, address, email, phone, education and awards, and relevant coursework, how else do I fill the space? If I have 0 experience, how can I tailor the resume to a specific job?

Originally Posted by Tuhks View Post
    Anthropology major checking in.

Currently making a little more than double that (no brag, just info).

I got into my field entirely by socializing myself to the right people. Family connections, friends with jobs, random person you meet at the bar, anything really.

I do consulting/analytics. 'Analyst' is a pretty ambiguous term that most people can socialize into as long as people like you and you seem relatively intelligent.
    Interesting. Thanks for the information. Do I just do a search for analytics on job boards to see if there are any in my area?
    Is anthropology a good degree for that career? How old are you and how long have you been doing it?

eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Consider manufacturing jobs; since you have a degree you could find yourself quickly moving into operations/management.

Source: worked in manufacturing for years, still do (just on the finance end) and there are a ton of roles (production scheduler, shift supervisor, storeroom lead) where I worked that were filled by people with degrees (didn't matter what they majored in, the important thing was that they had a degree and did a couple years working on the floor)
    ** Eternal Jimmies Crew **
    ** Wish the Front Desk Wouldn't Say Hi to Me Crew **

Yeah, you need to get in contact with him asap and findout the best route you can take.
    I will email him tonight or tomorrow for sure. If my memory serves me correct, he majored in finance, worked at BMW, moved to a bank, and made the right moves.