rf126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Anyone have trouble getting to the gym in the morning?

I'm the complete opposite of a morning person, but the morning is the best time in my schedule to go to the gym. I notice that I'm pretty tired after work and am more prone to skipping the gym.

Does anyone else have this same problem?

I'm thinking about making an app that punishes you for not being somewhere that you say you'll be (like the gym) in the morning, just so I can increase my motivation to go. I'd love to chat with anyone else with this problem and hear if/how you've solved it!

Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yellowdog428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Set an alarm.
    I also have a hectic afternoon schedule so mornings is when I go. Alarm set for 4:45, out the door by 5, to the gym by 5:30, shower by 6:30, work at 7. I have a two year old and we do our afternoon activities then dinner, bath. He is in bed at 8:30. I am in bed by 9.

I manage to get focused by prepping the night before. Make lunch and breakfast for the next day the night before, have gym bag packed and by the front door and coffee set to brew at 4:45, shower schit shave and ready for bed.

Honestly it comes down to how bad do you want it? Nothing in life is free and you have to work for it.

Need motivation? Look in the mirror, do you like what you see? If not, get your ass out of bed and go to the gym. Eat right work hard and you will see results.

HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeavyBlueDevil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yep but I go
    Panama, Cold War, OEF/OIF Combat Veteran
    Diabetic
    Distal Bicep Rupture Repaired Crew
    Titanium Femur Crew
    Heaviest body weight: 308 Pounds

pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did at first but the more I did it the easier it got. 5am all the time now
    Gym - 315/175/300 (Current)
    Meet - 300/165/300 (10/28/15)
    RPS Pro Level Powerlifter

sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000) sm1zzle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hate getting up earlier in the morning, but like I am trying to get it done so I can workout in the a.m and p.m

P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10) P4ULLY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you have a hectic job/schedule, its a lot easier to get it done early, then you dont have to worry about it for the rest of the day.
    I do, therefore, I AM!

MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rf126 View Post
    I'm the complete opposite of a morning person, but the morning is the best time in my schedule to go to the gym. I notice that I'm pretty tired after work and am more prone to skipping the gym.

I'm thinking about making an app that punishes you for not being somewhere that you say you'll be (like the gym) in the morning, just so I can increase my motivation to go. I'd love to chat with anyone else with this problem and hear if/how you've solved it!
    Apparently it takes 20-30 days to form a new habit. I'm not a morning person but what I did was I forced myself out of bed at 5:30AM every day no matter how crappy I felt. It was pretty awful and I felt miserable even while working out. However, I got used to it and now waking up at that time is normal.

🏈 Dallas Cowboys 🏈 datderelowtes's Avatar
    datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000) datderelowtes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for more
    Rep das it mane posts on sight

RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobHolt95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes lol in a massive way. For the life of me I cant work out in the mornings. If I do make it I dont push nearly as hard as I do in the evenings, and then am worn out for the rest of the day.

I much prefer working out in the evening. Then I can look forward to it all day/ plan exactly what I feel like doing
    18 YO fitness Model from London. Check me on:

********: http://www.********.com/robholtfitnessmodel
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/robholtfitnessmodel
    Model Mayhem: http://www.modelmayhem.com/3484882

Jaky1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I wake up every morning at 6, drink a coffee, and hit the gym at 6:30. Because I`m one of them fasting mofo, I work out on an empty stomach. What can I say, I`m absolutely crazy, and I don`t know what am I doing... But, it is the best time for workout, and you are more consistent in your training in the long run. Let me tell you, it`s not that hard to get up early in the morning every day. First, you have to lay in bed always at the same time, at least from Mon to Fri... Second, you have to wake up always at the same time, at least, from Mon to Fri... And third, you turn the alarm off, and you go to the gym. You will need motivation for doing that for the first 2-3 weeks, but after that time period, you are basically programmed. It becomes your habit, and thats it. Really simple. Later, you don`t even think about your workout, you simply JUST DO IT. Dont punish yourself man... Reward yourself !!
    We become what we think about, soo.... U mirin brah !? Yea, you mirin...

KGRebelRanch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wake up at 4am anyway to get everyone's breakfast cooked, lunches ready, coffee made, etc. I feed livestock from 6:30-8am and sit down to my own breakfast around 8:30.

Mornings can kiss my ass. Afternoon is my time, I have tried to make mornings work, but I am NOT a functioning human being before my coffee. I am good to scoop, carry, dispense feed and nothing else.

Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrGreenTea View Post
    Apparently it takes 20-30 days to form a new habit. I'm not a morning person but what I did was I forced myself out of bed at 5:30AM every day no matter how crappy I felt. It was pretty awful and I felt miserable even while working out. However, I got used to it and now waking up at that time is normal.
    I've been getting up at 5:00 AM for my job the past 18 years and still hate mornings. I have no trouble geting up but I feel my peak energy is in the evenings. That's why I train after 8:00 PM.

chapperzuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chapperzuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not a morning person, but I did a few things which helped me and could help you.

1) Go to bed at a decent time. I used to go to bed at around midnight and get up around 8am, quick shower and breakfast before going to work. Now I go to bed at 10pm (10:30pm latest) and get up around 6am.

2) Set an alarm to the latest you will get up. NO SNOOZE! I read that if you wake up, hit snooze and sleep for less than an hour then you won't be getting extra REM sleep, which is why you feel knackered.

3) Don't put your alarm next to your bed. If you can reach your alarm without moving then it will be harder to get up. If you are forced to get out of bed to turn off your alarm, then you (or at least I am) more likely to stay up.

4) Put something that motivates you next to your alarm and change it. Make this as personal as you like, it could be a photo of you when you started, a couple of reasons why you started (make these specific and not just "to become healthy", think WHY do you want to become healthy and get down to your core reasons, such as "I want to take my top off without being self-conscious") or even a photo of your role model or "goal".

5) If music helps you then listen to it early in the morning. After I get up, I put my headphones in and look on instagram (extra motivation there) while taking the morning dump. Try and change it up too, every few weeks I take out some songs and put a couple of new ones in. It is surprising that just adding "something different" can change things to stop stagnation or just "going through the motions".

Even though I hate getting up in the mornings, I'd rather get up early in the morning and start my day off with a workout than wake up later and start my day off by going to work.

rwpage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chapperzuk View Post
    I'm not a morning person, but I did a few things which helped me and could help you.

1) Go to bed at a decent time. I used to go to bed at around midnight and get up around 8am, quick shower and breakfast before going to work. Now I go to bed at 10pm (10:30pm latest) and get up around 6am.

2) Set an alarm to the latest you will get up. NO SNOOZE! I read that if you wake up, hit snooze and sleep for less than an hour then you won't be getting extra REM sleep, which is why you feel knackered.

3) Don't put your alarm next to your bed. If you can reach your alarm without moving then it will be harder to get up. If you are forced to get out of bed to turn off your alarm, then you (or at least I am) more likely to stay up.

4) Put something that motivates you next to your alarm and change it. Make this as personal as you like, it could be a photo of you when you started, a couple of reasons why you started (make these specific and not just "to become healthy", think WHY do you want to become healthy and get down to your core reasons, such as "I want to take my top off without being self-conscious") or even a photo of your role model or "goal".

5) If music helps you then listen to it early in the morning. After I get up, I put my headphones in and look on instagram (extra motivation there) while taking the morning dump. Try and change it up too, every few weeks I take out some songs and put a couple of new ones in. It is surprising that just adding "something different" can change things to stop stagnation or just "going through the motions".

Even though I hate getting up in the mornings, I'd rather get up early in the morning and start my day off with a workout than wake up later and start my day off by going to work.
    This was pretty much hit every point right on the head. I did exactly this for two months before heading to Ranger school and you will be amazed at how quickly you jump out of bed when you want something that bad.. especially having something that motivates you by your alarm clock. I had my alarm go off at 0430 everyday and promptly started up a pre-workout playlist. By the time I got to the gym at 0530 with music blasting I was ready to conquer the world. But to answer your question, after 4 years in the army and getting up at 5 for PT I still hate waking up early haha. You just gotta want it more than sleeping.

bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Never have a problem getting to the gym at 530!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172784881 redtest log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173258571

pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10) pesawatkertas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I only have this problem when I'm not getting enough sleep. My gym opens at 7, I usually wake up at 5.30. That gives me enough time for a light breakfast and to warm up.

sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any excuse that you tell yourself in the morning that does not get you up -- plan for it. Not enough time to eat? Make your breakfast and lunch before. Streamline everything so all you have to do is force yourself up and go. Sucks for the first month, after that becomes routine and your body knows whats up.