chrislloyd9741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Thigh muscle pain and losing weight

So I have been trying to lose weight now about 4-5 weeks into when i started. to give you guys a background, I am a vegetarian, 25 years old and am Obese. 30+ BMI. Decided to lose weight as its frustrating.

up until last week i had started with walking with the aim of cutting about 200 calories a day and to start getting my muscles worked up before taking on heavy duty exercises (Friend recommended it... felt comfortable with it so had followed it). last week I went with him to a trampoline workout session kind of thing. After that day my upper thigh muscles (Rectus femoris from what I can see on google..) on both the legs pained badly. I knew eventually i knew it would heal in 3-5 days (being vegetarian its takes longer due to protein requirements). its been 6 days now and it has heeled (at least with the fact that i can walk normally). But i tried bending my legs (squat position) today and mild pain appeared to be back at the center of the muscle and near the knee.

Is this normal?? If I rest a bit more and start to exercise again will the pain disappear?? Am I going wrong somewhere?

Any recommendation would help. Would this continue as and when i start exercising more??

brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A Trampoline based class was probably a mistake, jumping loads your muscles with forces equal to multiple times your body weight. Most likely this is just DOMS, or muscle soreness, but no one can tell you for sure. We are not doctors, if pain continues, go see a doctor.

As far as getting into exercising, take it slowly. Starting with walking is a good idea. Now move to body weight movements (squats, planks etc) and light weights. Jumping right in and pushing yourself too hard will lead to soreness and days missed from the gym. If you have not worked out before, start lifting with just the bar, or no load (body weight) and get your muscles used to it. Stick with weights that you can comfortably lift for 8-10 reps. No need to go to failure yet. Slow and steady progression on exercises will get you to your goal much faster and safer then jumping in quickly and hurting yourself. Be sure to Warm up and stretch before you lift, and cool down and stretch again after your workout.