goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question EC stack noob questions

Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you to everyone reading this thread and for your great contributions to making this forum a great bodybuilding encyclopedia, the info on here is really priceless.

Im 30 years old , 153 lbs, and 6 foot tall. I estimate my body fat percentage to be at around 18-20 percent, 99 percent of it around my waist. I have some lean body mass but not as much as i would like, but since i dont like the way my stomach looks at the moment, ive been cutting for a month now and has been going well, im targeting 12-14 body fat before i start bulking. I do 5x5 lifts 3 times a week and 2 HIIT RPM(Spinning Classes) a week.

Now to my question, Im getting my hands on some kaizen ephedrine HCL tomorrow. And i have a few inquiries/concerns on wether i should take it or not:

1) Since the pills come in 8mg a tablet, im planning on dosing for a maximum of 16mg a day and 200 mg (thus 2 dosages 1 in the morning before breakfast 8MG ephi and 100 mg caffeine then 1 dosage at 2 pm 8MG ephi and 100 mg caffeine). Is this enough to reap the benifits ? will i experience accelerated fat loss assuming im still on the same diet and training plan on this small dosage ? The reason im dosing low is i have never taken it before and i am also kind of nervous/worried about its sideeffects.

2) I live in *****, and its the summer now (104 degrees - 113 degrees fahrenheit), but im rarely outside as everywhere you go there is airconditioning. I might have to walk from my office place to my car or so a few times a day which takes less than 5 mins, so it wont be that bad when im on ephedrine or anything ? Im worried cause i read that ephi raises your body temperature by a lil bit. Will ie be sweating while im in a suit talking to people ? (I work as a consultant so its always a suit and a tie)

3) Should i just do EC or should i also add aspirin in a mix ? Is there a significant difference when i do ?

4) the days im doing HIIT for 45 mins, lets say the HIIT class is at 7 pm and i took my ephidrene dosage at 2 pm ? is it still safe to go all out on the HIIT and give it my maximum ?

5) Im gonna cycle it now for 2 weeks, then im going to take 2 weeks off, then going to cycle it again for 3 weeks then the month of ramadan starts so i will have to stop it for a month (Ramadan is the muslim holy month where you dont eat or drink anything from sunrise to sunset). So i may continue after ramadan. Is that a good plan ?

Thank you guys, any tips or extra info is much appreciated !

Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan80th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dosage will be fine for a few days, should get some appetite suppressant off of it.

Leave the aspirin, it can be hard on the liver taking it every day. Thinking behind it was it would think the blood and help the nutrients get through better but it shouldn't matter.

You shouldnt be sweating noticeably off of that dose.

Wear a heart rate monitor if you are going to do HIIT to keep an eye on things. Shouldnt really get in the way of it, but better safe than sorry. You dont need to cycle it as such, keep taking it for a month or two, dont forget to taper caffeine down slowly or you may get withdrawals.

I think you can take up to 75mg ephedrine with 600mg of caffeine per day safely, but starting lower is best.
    I think the usual highest

goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10) goonergooner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump

thanks spartan, will i benefit though from such a low dosage ?

OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBBinc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    idc what anyone says, if you weigh less than 160 at 6 feet tall you dont need a fat burner. your problem isnt fat, your problem is your lazy. you can say you lift and take these classes, but if you were being honest with yourself youd know you were putting in half as$ed effort and minimal dedication. at your weight you literally have no muscle mass, meaning you just havent even tried. dont take this as talking crap, take it as a reality check. forget about EC, eat clean and start lifting hard. you can EASILY add muscle and lean out at your current size i am sure of it. cutting before you bulk up when youre at such a beginner stage is over thinking it, you hear a lot of people talking about it that have been lifting for years, which you have not. just start lifting and enjoying the gains, good luck bro.

johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OregonBBinc View Post
    idc what anyone says, if you weigh less than 160 at 6 feet tall you dont need a fat burner. your problem isnt fat, your problem is your lazy. you can say you lift and take these classes, but if you were being honest with yourself youd know you were putting in half as$ed effort and minimal dedication. at your weight you literally have no muscle mass, meaning you just havent even tried. dont take this as talking crap, take it as a reality check. forget about EC, eat clean and start lifting hard. you can EASILY add muscle and lean out at your current size i am sure of it. cutting before you bulk up when youre at such a beginner stage is over thinking it, you hear a lot of people talking about it that have been lifting for years, which you have not. just start lifting and enjoying the gains, good luck bro.
    yea he pretty much nailed it. at 6' 153# you got some muscle to build homie.

there was a little bro science tidbit that was told to me here in the forums years ago; as a rule of thumb, 1# of muscle gained burns 3# of fat.

so.. obviously everyone is different, but the more muscle gained = more fat loss via natural physiological processes. lift weights man. keep doin cardio too.

but.. i digress, to answer your questions.. I have cycled on/off the ec stack here and there over the past 6 years.

1) yes, you should dose low and taper into the cycle. i do max 200mg caffeine (1 caff pill) and 25mg Eph sulfate (Bronkaid) 3x daily, 4 hours apart. when i taper in and out of the cycle, it's 2x daily, 4 hrs apart starting at breakfast. i do 6wks on 6wks off, with a taper in on the 1st week and a taper out on the 6th week.

2) i sweat rivers while working/working out on ec stack.. you probably will too. dress appropriately. the AC will help though, most of the sweating is during workouts or sleep if my metabolism is jacked from a hard workout/cardio session.

3) ditch the aspirin. it can cause adverse health affects more easily than taken with it. and.. it's not necessary, for me anyway. the only reason it's included in the stack sometimes is because of it's blood thinning effect which is said to make the effects of the EC more potent, which is quite unnecessary in my opinion. i've never combined aspirin into the mix. researched the effects before using it.

4) honestly, just monitor your blood pressure a few times a week, and make sure your heart rate is in check during workouts. oftentimes i take a dose right before (30-60mins) working out or long cardio sessions like 3-5 mile runs. i have been cycling on/off the ec stack for a long time, and have always had a steady blood pressure and resting/active heart rate.

5) Perfect idea to try a small cycle as a sensitivity check. sounds like you got a good plan. good luck man.

Powerlifting and junk imagedynamix's Avatar
    imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    And for the love of all that is holy, drink lots of water to offset the sweat that will drench your clothes. I have zero experience with the EC stack and wearing a suit, but I soaked my clothes while training in AC... and during strenuous cardio (soccer), my hands would prune from sweating so much (true story). Then again, I sweat a lot naturally, so it's of no surprise.

Just be mindful of your water intake.
    † Jesus Christ all day †

Social Club Misfit Gang Wolf Pack

Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dood wtf, 6 feet and you weigh 153 lbs? wtf you doing taking ec!? its time to take some whey protein and hit them weights yo. you have no need for EC. im doing ec for only 1 or 2 weeks max just to speed things up, im very close to my goal. im at 181 lbs 5 10' but good amount of muscle. i dont see how at your weight you would need it.

Powerlifting and junk imagedynamix's Avatar
    imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some people prefer to lean up before trying to build muscle.

Shoot, at about 6'4" I weighed ~190 and was skinny fat. Small arms and a small gut. It's not all it's cracked up to be.
    † Jesus Christ all day †

Social Club Misfit Gang Wolf Pack

xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Where do you guys buy ephedra?
    And, do you buy it as Ephedra pills alone? with no other ingredients in it?
    Or are you buying fat burner pills with 10 ingredients that one of them is ephedra?

johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xHiroko View Post
    Where do you guys buy ephedra?
    And, do you buy it as Ephedra pills alone? with no other ingredients in it?
    Or are you buying fat burner pills with 10 ingredients that one of them is ephedra?
    i use Bronkaid, over the counter at the local drug store. 25mg of ephedrine sulfate and 400mg guaifenesin (the main 2nd of two active ingredients) as an expectorant. it also has the added effect of being a bronchodialotor, great for cardio or lifting. increased oxygen uptake efficiency.

..and dude up there a few posts was right.. definitely drink a lot of water.. especially if you are taking creatine as well. like.. 1.5-2 gallons a day depending on your body weight. 1-1.5 gallons should be fine if you aren't taking creatine.

Registered User FittestManAlive's Avatar
    FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FittestManAlive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why are you doing 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, I have been taking it for the past 6 months straight.

Originally Posted by FittestManAlive View Post
    Why are you doing 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, I have been taking it for the past 6 months straight.
    haha.. gotta be honest, i've used it for lengths of time like this as well, and noticed no health problems. the only diff is that the stimulant effect isn't as strong as it was at first, but the metabolic enhancement seems just as effective as weeks 2-3.

so yea.. just watch your blood pressure and heart rate, and make sure things are healthy and consistent. don't ever overdose though.. excessive ephedrine in products is what gave ephedrine a bad name in the 90's.

http://ephedrinediet.org/why-was-ephedra-banned/

i wanna stress this again, don't add aspirin. it's not necessary and could cause complications.
    Last edited by johnnygun207; 05-10-2014 at 05:12 AM. Reason: added link

Thanks for the reply guys and advice.

Hmmmmm i think im going to pass up on the EC stack and just do it the old fashioned way, i dont think its worth having to worry about my blood pressure and heart rate just to speed up my fat loss.

Here are some pics, i reckon if i do it old skool i can get to 10-12 percent body fat in 2-3 more months ? What do you think ? and what do you percentage body fat im on at the moment ?
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by goonergooner View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys and advice.

Hmmmmm i think im going to pass up on the EC stack and just do it the old fashioned way, i dont think its worth having to worry about my blood pressure and heart rate just to speed up my fat loss.

Here are some pics, i reckon if i do it old skool i can get to 10-12 percent body fat in 2-3 more months ? What do you think ? and what do you percentage body fat im on at the moment ?
    respectful decision. now that i see pics i wanna tell you this. eat hard and lift harder.. you have potential to get big/huge/whatever if you stick to it. everyone is right here, you don't need EC. you have a good skinny foundation to build muscle on top of right now.