NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAPro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cant decide between Bodybuilding or Powerlifting

So help me decide.

I originally chose Bodybuilding because I don't have the body type to do extremely heavy lifts. But the adrenaline I get off of breaking PR's is amazing! I just broke my benching PR.. 210x1. Not very impressive, I know. I figure if I started doing strength training I could get my bench up to over 300, and squats over 400. Right now my PR's aren't very impressive compared to a lot of you guys on this board, but I sure feel good lifting more and more each week. What do you think guys?

Bodybuilding vs Powerlifting Pros and Cons??

AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only difference between natural bodybuilding and natural powerlifting is whether you train calves or not.
    Fates colliding. Love Undying.
    I rep all 5'5 and shorter on sight.

@ 150lbs BW
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 425
    OHP:165

Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NotAPro View Post
    So help me decide.

I originally chose Bodybuilding because I don't have the body type to do extremely heavy lifts. But the adrenaline I get off of breaking PR's is amazing! I just broke my benching PR.. 210x1. Not very impressive, I know. I figure if I started doing strength training I could get my bench up to over 300, and squats over 400. Right now my PR's aren't very impressive compared to a lot of you guys on this board, but I sure feel good lifting more and more each week. What do you think guys?

Bodybuilding vs Powerlifting Pros and Cons??
    I mean there's not that much difference.

You can bodybuild through powerlifting training. I'm going to assume that you don't want to do a bodybuilding show - If that's so, than you're in luck. Set goal numbers, like a 300 pound bench, a 500 pound squat and a 600 dead or something like that. That's powerlifting, and you'll get jaked as hell off of it. You may get some fat but you can just recomp over to a lower body fat and still be ripped like a bodybuilder and strong as hell like a powerlifter.

If you are talking about the profession of bodybuilding, cutting to low low 4%~ body fat and getting a tan, then jumping on stage, then your training will be a little different. Youre going to care about weight more, you're probably going to want to find a coach or someone to help you cut, etc. etc.

Pros bodybuilding:
    Telling ppl ur a bodybuilder
    Stay fairly lean year long
    If you are into exhibiting your physique there you go

Cons bodybuilding:
    Gay
    Cutting to super low bodyfat "isnt healthy"
    More of a beauty pagent than a competition
    Gay

Pros PL:
    Alpha as fuk cuz
    Real World strength, carryover to every single sport in the world
    Still huge as fuk
    Bitchez myron srs
    IMO, the most individualistic sport there is. Just 3 lifts. Just a couple seconds a lift to show what and who you really are. I think it is the pinnacle of human exertion. Honestly maximal effort appeals much more to me than maximal endurance.

Cons PL:
    Lots of us bulk to like high high bodyfat. Brb ppl see you in the weight room saying "sh*t bro thats a lot, didnt know you lifted" cause you look just kinda fat lel
    With bad form, dangerous. With the high weights being used you'll be more susceptible to injury if you train stupidly. So don't do that.

So if you have no desire to do a bodybuilding show, or go to a powerlifting meet and join a fed, just lift. You'll be happier.
    Clean and jerk: 242
    Snatch: 176

WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeakQuads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AlacrityH View Post
    The only difference between natural bodybuilding and natural powerlifting is whether you train calves or not.
    but i train calves

OP, get strong = get big.

and what do you mean 'you aren't built to do heavy lifts'? there is no build for it. you're 5'8, if there's gonna be an optimal height for powerlifting, that'd be close to it.
    Last edited by WeakQuads; 04-03-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why not both? (mexican taco girl voice)
    "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger

Current records

BP - 172.5kg x 1 (380lbs)
    Squat - 200kg x 2 (440lbs)
    Deadlift - 240kg x 1 (528lb)

Instagram - Fitzyflip

Current weight - 96kg @ ~11-12% bf

Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fidzy View Post
    why not both? (mexican taco girl voice)
    bruh i never see you round here

edit: noticed age lol
    Clean and jerk: 242
    Snatch: 176

PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jaywalking View Post
    I mean there's not that much difference.

You can bodybuild through powerlifting training. I'm going to assume that you don't want to do a bodybuilding show - If that's so, than you're in luck. Set goal numbers, like a 300 pound bench, a 500 pound squat and a 600 dead or something like that. That's powerlifting, and you'll get jaked as hell off of it. You may get some fat but you can just recomp over to a lower body fat and still be ripped like a bodybuilder and strong as hell like a powerlifter.

If you are talking about the profession of bodybuilding, cutting to low low 4%~ body fat and getting a tan, then jumping on stage, then your training will be a little different. Youre going to care about weight more, you're probably going to want to find a coach or someone to help you cut, etc. etc.

Pros bodybuilding:
    Telling ppl ur a bodybuilder
    Stay fairly lean year long
    If you are into exhibiting your physique there you go

Cons bodybuilding:
    Gay
    Cutting to super low bodyfat "isnt healthy"
    More of a beauty pagent than a competition
    Gay

Pros PL:
    Alpha as fuk cuz
    Real World strength, carryover to every single sport in the world
    Still huge as fuk
    Bitchez myron srs
    IMO, the most individualistic sport there is. Just 3 lifts. Just a couple seconds a lift to show what and who you really are. I think it is the pinnacle of human exertion. Honestly maximal effort appeals much more to me than maximal endurance.

Cons PL:
    Lots of us bulk to like high high bodyfat. Brb ppl see you in the weight room saying "sh*t bro thats a lot, didnt know you lifted" cause you look just kinda fat lel
    With bad form, dangerous. With the high weights being used you'll be more susceptible to injury if you train stupidly. So don't do that.

So if you have no desire to do a bodybuilding show, or go to a powerlifting meet and join a fed, just lift. You'll be happier.
    This. Girls mire them instagram pr videos nomsayin? Anything over 225 is godly strength in a girls eyes, assuming they don't lift.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift."

S- 245x5
    B- 170x5
    D- 330x5

Log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160895651

Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truebmxer01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why don't you just stick to clean bulking and powerlift in a lower weight class... the only one that's look hugeeee at like the 240+ weight classes..
    Bulking[X] Cutting[ ]
    Start weight at beginning of bulk in 12/1/13 :143

Gym PRs: 335/230/425 Gym Total: 990 bench TNG: 235
    Meet PRs: 325/203.9/413.4 total: 942.3lbs
    Front Squat: 185lbs
    OHP: 145lbs

Attending BYU-I in the fall for one semester.

The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that. - Arnold Schwarzenegger "the king"

Follow my workout log @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160625661

I always rep back
    *LDS Crew*

AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexIliev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Or..
    Attached Images

Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fidzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jaywalking View Post
    bruh i never see you round here

edit: noticed age lol
    if only there was a 20+ section it goes straight to 35+. I used to use this section all time but got sick of the lack of maturity.
    "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger

Current records

BP - 172.5kg x 1 (380lbs)
    Squat - 200kg x 2 (440lbs)
    Deadlift - 240kg x 1 (528lb)

Instagram - Fitzyflip

Current weight - 96kg @ ~11-12% bf