jortho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bad reaction to MusclePharm Assault?

Hey guys,

I recently picked up some MusclePharm Assault for the first time, after having normally been using BSN's N.O. Xplode as my pre-workout of choice.

I'll get right to the point: The first time I used it, I thought I was having an allergic reaction to something. My head felt like it was in an oven, my ears turned crimson red, and from my forehead to my upper chest I broke out in these red, itchy blotches (some later experiences had the blotches and itchiness on my forearms down to my calves.)

I'm aware that beta-alanine causes "the tingles" as many people seem to refer to it, and can also produce these effects, but damn, this is simply so unpleasant that I'm probably going to end up scrapping this pre-workout altogether and going back to NOX. It only lasts about 10 minutes, but I feel like this can't be the norm.

Unfortunately, MusclePharm doesn't say on the nutritional information label how MUCH b-alanine is in their product per serving, whereas NOX does, so I wasn't able to compare.

Anyways, just wanted to get a consensus on whether it sounds like I'm particularly sensitive to b-alanine, or if this is the standard for an increased amount of the stuff.

Thanks guys, take care.

JT

Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vujade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It has 2 grams of beta alanine according to the ingredient profile

Its a decent product. I usually have to take 1.5 to 2 scoops though. Its not as strong as some others.

Not sure what could have done that to you. My first reaction was it could be a Niacin flush, but I don't
    think it has any niacin in it.

Allygirl1405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Same reaction

I had the same reaction. I took a single scoop almost everyday for about a week and a half pre-workout and the reaction got worse every time. At first I jut felt hot and itchy but this last time I had a full blown rash on my forehead chest and blotches on my arms and legs. I talked to a nurse who thinks it was probably the niacin. I normally use C-4 and never had this reaction. I think I'll be going back to it.

JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its niacin, some are sensitive to it. I can do 2 scoops and im perfectly fine.

mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JohnTheHonest View Post
    Sounds right to me.

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so much this ^^ the niacin made me break out as well....horrible feeling like all rashy and hivy. never again!
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GS23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It made me feel kinda hot flashy n itchy, but overall I didnt care for the product. I thought it was pretty weak overall.
    02/09/2014 starting weight 262 lbs

Current weight as of 06/11/2014 209 lbs

Goal-Get Lean

JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GS23 View Post
    It made me feel kinda hot flashy n itchy, but overall I didnt care for the product. I thought it was pretty weak overall.
    Is it just about the stims?

It has slow released caffeine, so u dont get big hit and around 200mg per scoop. But no crash.

Nitrates for pump and other goodies for endurance etc.

To each their own i guess.

dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jortho View Post

Unfortunately, MusclePharm doesn't say on the nutritional information label how MUCH b-alanine is in their product per serving, whereas NOX does, so I wasn't able to compare.

Anyways, just wanted to get a consensus on whether it sounds like I'm particularly sensitive to b-alanine, or if this is the standard for an increased amount of the stuff.

Thanks guys, take care.

JT
    It's actually right on the front of the label in pretty big font, 2g.

Same here, had maybe 1 or 2 niacin flushes and they last like 10 min

Is it just about the stims?

It has slow released caffeine, so u dont get big hit and around 200mg per scoop. But no crash.

Nitrates for pump and other goodies for endurance etc.

To each their own i guess.
    Indeed to each their own...I have tried a handful of other popular pre's and can't find anything better...
    *MusclePharm: Official Supplement of the UFC*

drew[at]musclepharm.com

RIP G.K. Miller 7/7/1963-2/13/2007

FEAR IS THE MINDKILLER

********.com/musclepharm