Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP I know multiple people that are rich but still work because they like it so much, what now?

Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Aesir is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by KingCorleone View Post
    there are people who songwrite for example that youve never heard of that make plenty of money
    And there are far, far more people who songwrite who have to support themselves with some sh*tty 8-5 job because they didn't have the connections to make any money from it.

It's really funny how brainwashed young people are. You will not be a rock star, you will not be a pro athlete, you will not be a movie star. You will not make a living doing anything you "love." Maybe 1 out of 10000 people gets to do that. It won't be you.

healthygonads has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TrueManc View Post
    OP I teach the drums for 20-25/hour (sterling) and play gigs for about 200/gig, both of which I love. U mad?
    What do you think?
    Originally Posted by pollywogpriest View Post
    how can you become the absolute best at your discipline (and earn accordingly) if you don't love what you do?

*pursue passion as career crew*
    Originally Posted by IAmTheOne1 View Post
    That's really just a unsupported assumption. “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

I think you are looking at happiness too narrowly. People find fulfillment and joy in a variety of things. For some its money, for most its not. You can't bottle everyone in one paradigm and expect them all to find happiness and if they disagree they are 'deluded'
    absolute best? no. If that is your ambition I'd argue you're delusional and likely Low iq/motivated by emotion via movies and peer influence...but if that's what you want ignore what I'm saying.

When I retired w/ 20 million my boss made fun of me. I wasn't even the smartest guy in my cubicle, the part time guy who worked when I had the sh*** was smarter and had more money. It's about $$$ bc money $$= freedom. Not being the "best."

KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Aesir View Post
    And there are far, far more people who songwrite who have to support themselves with some sh*tty 8-5 job because they didn't have the connections to make any money from it.

It's really funny how brainwashed young people are. You will not be a rock star, you will not be a pro athlete, you will not be a movie star. You will not make a living doing anything you "love." Maybe 1 out of 10000 people gets to do that. It won't be you.
    and you say that like its easy to get rich otherwise LOL

i dont expect to be a rockstar u dumb *******

theres a reason ur broke as fukk and bitching on a forum at 4 in the morning

there are people who songwrite for example that youve never heard of that make plenty of money

the point is they pursued careers other than primarily focusing on money and they succeeded at it in the process

there are people who make art for a living and are happy, some who are miserable

there are people who work all the time and make bank and are happy, some who are miserable

point is its not one path you narrow minded *******
    I know a guy who songwrites. He's a 50 year old Jew. He writes songs for Lord and other famous people. They think the girls wrote them and that they are deep and from their soul...lol. old fat Jew's with Harvard degrees wrote them to appeal to dumb guys like you who think they are deep.

No real song-writers who are intelligent and can write real sh** unless they are rich from other endeavors...I have a former co-workers, in his 80's...he writes songs on the viola...because he has a net worth 18 million give or take teh market and can do waht he wants..
    Originally Posted by jackm7 View Post
    OP I know multiple people that are rich but still work because they like it so much, what now?

GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GetBigBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's a study which showed that motivation to complete a certain task decreases when they start getting paid for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motivation_crowding_theory
    Starting weight: 0.00177 mg

skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyhallion will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AhDo View Post
    lol @ anyone who isn't in computer science

brb easy 40-50 hour/wk for upper middle class income with low stress

It's the GOAT gig if you don't mind programming (anyone who likes thinking logically will enjoy it if they grind through the initial learning phase)

CS master race

Yes lets recommend computer science even though not every Tom, Dick, and Harry is cut out for that line of work. But who cares right? Let's start them in college and then watch them fail again and again because they did a major they weren't compatible with. Oh and that boat load of wasted money and debt, no big deal right?

Age 20, I'm glad computer science gives you as big of a hard on as your bunk mate at Camp Morning Wood did, but not everyone wants or should go into that line of work.
    When it comes to rep power, just remember this. Better red than dead. Your reps mean squat in real life. Just thank the lord that you have your health.

KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCorleone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by healthygonads View Post
    I know a guy who songwrites. He's a 50 year old Jew. He writes songs for Lord and other famous people. They think the girls wrote them and that they are deep and from their soul...lol. old fat Jew's with Harvard degrees wrote them to appeal to dumb guys like you who think they are deep.

No real song-writers who are intelligent and can write real sh** unless they are rich from other endeavors...I have a former co-workers, in his 80's...he writes songs on the viola...because he has a net worth 18 million give or take teh market and can do waht he wants..
    so basically you know a significant person across every field of work, failed at ****ty minimum wage jobs, somehow got into PENN, completed a finance degree, worked for 5 years and made enought money to retire at 29

seems legit

and you say that like its easy to get rich otherwise LOL

i dont expect to be a rockstar u dumb *******

theres a reason ur broke as fukk and bitching on a forum at 4 in the morning
    I'm rich as fck. Hows that grab u? Dude isn't bitching he's being honest.

You need to quit your delusions. You sound like a little boy.

Switch your money to finance and start reading about the stock market right fcking now, son. If you value freedom, that is what you'll do.

If you're a normal retard pretending a 9-5 life with some 7.5/10 and an awful job you pretend to like is what you want...by all means ignore my advice.

Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Charlie Murphy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I like how OP claims to know all these people.

Cause on the internet it has to be true
    When it comes to rep power, just remember this. Better red than dead. Your reps mean squat in real life. Just thank the lord that you have your health.

I'm rich as fck. Hows that grab u? Dude isn't bitching he's being honest.

You need to quit your delusions. You sound like a little boy.

Switch your money to finance and start reading about the stock market right fcking now, son. If you value freedom, that is what you'll do.

If you're a normal retard pretending a 9-5 life with some 7.5/10 and an awful job you pretend to like is what you want...by all means ignore my advice.
    who the fukk thinks selling rugs in west bumblefukk to make ends meet is what you want? the point is that people pursue careers that they are interested in to not get stuck in that position u stupid fukc

how do i know ur rich as ****? because u say it? LOL

Originally Posted by GetBigBrah View Post
    There's a study which showed that motivation to complete a certain task decreases when they start getting paid for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motivation_crowding_theory
    they dont wanna hear that
    Originally Posted by Charlie Murphy View Post

Yes lets recommend computer science even though not every Tom, Dick, and Harry is cut out for that line of work. But who cares right? Let's start them in college and then watch them fail again and again because they did a major they weren't compatible with. Oh and that boat load of wasted money and debt, no big deal right.

Age 20, I'm glad computer science gives you as big of a hard on as your bunk mate at Camp Morning Wood did, but not everyone wants or should go into that line of work.
    lol at "compatable."

Every winner I know hates his job.

Every heart surgeon doing cutting edge medicine hates his job. My song writer friend hates his job. My famous actor friend (I only have one) hates his job...everyone hates it.

You retards are so ate up with delusion it's impossible to break through.

TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueManc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What do you think?

I think yes because you sound like a frauding *******.

BRB other thread "am I a beta because I lvied in the city now I'm a lonely alcoholic in the country" or some chit
    BRB I'm flying out to Miami tomorrow but I'm on the Misc at 3am being a twat
    BRB I'm rich and don't work but have no proof and haven't mentioned how I got rich, only that I couldn't hold down a real job

Even if you ain't fraudin, you've wasted ten of the best years of your life doing chit that you didn't like for the express purpose of making money. I love what I do, make above average money and am perfecting an art form that will be with me for the rest of my life and living it up in the City whilst you're becoming a lonely old drunk on your ranch in Chitsville, Middle-of-Nowhere USA. But you're probably frauding anyway.

/thread

lol at "compatable."

Every heart surgeon doing cutting edge medicine hates his job. My song writer friend hates his job. My famous actor friend (I only have one) hates his job...everyone hates it.

so the 4 friends you know hate their jobs, everybody else doing it must also

10/10 logic

I like how OP claims to know all these people.

Cause on the internet it has to be true
    I have very few friends. I worked w/ famous people who trusted me w/ their money. I made them money. That's all. One or two names you'd know, most you wouldn't unless you googled.
    who the fukk thinks selling rugs in west bumblefukk to make ends meet is what you want? the point is that people pursue careers that they are interested in to not get stuck in that position u stupid fukc

how do i know ur rich as ****? because u say it? LOL
    Read the thread stupid. It's laughable to say 999/1000 people hate their job. the number is closer 999999999/1000000000 hate their job. Pursuing a job you like is the ambition of a retard who is happy gross middle class women and gross middle class cars and gross middle class houses...and never helping his parents when they get old.

Only peasant low class retards think this way.

Pursue money son.

lol at "compatable."

LOL

Can't even spell simple words like compatible.

I have very few friends. I worked w/ famous people who trusted me w/ their money. I made them money. That's all. One or two names you'd know, most you wouldn't unless you googled.

Read the thread stupid. It's laughable to say 999/1000 people hate their job. the number is closer 999999999/1000000000 hate their job. Pursuing a job you like is the ambition of a retard who is happy gross middle class women and gross middle class cars and gross middle class houses...and never helping his parents when they get old.

Pursue money son.
    are u ****ing retarded? most people hate their jobs because they dont pursue what theyre interested in i see it literally every day

BRB other thread "am I a beta because I lvied in the city now I'm a lonely alcoholic in the country" or some chit
    BRB I'm rich and don't work but have no proof and haven't mentioned how I got rich, only that I couldn't hold down a real job

Even if you ain't fraudin, you've wasted ten of the best years of your life doing chit that you didn't like for the express purpose of making money. I love what I do, make above average money and am perfecting an art form that will be with me for the rest of my life and living it up in the City whilst you're becoming a lonely old drunk on your ranch in Chitsville, Middle-of-Nowhere USA. But you're probably frauding anyway.

/thread
    Nah I'll put my place on the market by friday and be in the place I desire by the end of the month. you're right in that i made a mistake and moved to the country. No big deal. I can sell this place for more than I paid.

Money wins. Again.

...and again, and again...
    so the 4 friends you know hate their jobs, everybody else doing it must also

10/10 logic
    corleone can't even read on a 101 level. Bad start for success in life bro

Q('_ ' Q) (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ pollywogpriest's Avatar
    pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pollywogpriest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    absolute best? no. If that is your ambition I'd argue you're delusional and likely Low iq/motivated by emotion via movies and peer influence...but if that's what you want ignore what I'm saying.
    Originally Posted by Aesir View Post
    i will be a rockstar in my industry. i will be the absolute best and enjoy a celebrity status within my peers. i don't doubt this one bit. i can completely understand anyone who lols at my arrogance, i would probably lol at anyone else making such claims aswell. and i'm not gonna try to prove how i'm amazing or anything either, just know that there are delusional guys such as myself out there, and guess what, some of them make it.

how many of the "down to earth" guys make it? none... they don't even ****ing try "meh what's the point i will just go into finance and sell my guitar and music equipment. gotta be respectable!"
    ** fishface crew (• ε •) **
    ** zuchini crew **
    ** movietaste nazi crew **
    ** 12 friends on fb crew **
    ** got laid more when i was unaesthetic crew **

Pursue money son.
    Well most people tend not to want to befriend liars and frauds so I can see why you have very few friends
    Last edited by Charlie Murphy; 01-16-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For the younger guys here wait until you are about 26-28 with about 5-7 years in the workforce. This is when you will start thinking "is this all there is"? and thats when your self actualisation journey will begin.

Mountaineers R Alwys Free Retarted's Avatar
    Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Retarted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159555831

I grew up in the middle class suburbs. Made some money, and left.

so I bought a ranch in the middle of nowhere. No friends gf or family nearby.

It's great but I'm also losing my mind. If that makes sense. I enjoy it, so beautiful, so peaceful, so rewarding to grow your own food etc but at the same time I talk to myself now, and drink every day.

Has anyone gone from country life to city life? Thoughts/experiences on what is best in life if you have money and freedom to live in either environment?

larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500) larrybobby is not very helpful. (-500)
    you just gotta find a job that pays you enough to like it

LOL

Can't even spell simple words like compatible.
    I can spell well ha. I won a 6th grade spelling bee son!

But seriously I'm just drunk. If you want to nitpick and pretend you won this convo via typo's feel free dude. I'll be catching a redeye in a few hours from my local airport to denver then to miami then getting a luxury hotel, sleeping, a whore maybe, then a 1.5-2 million dollar house or condo by the end of the month. I'll post links in the coming days.

Then u can ask yourself who really has the upper hand...grammar police poverty ******* mocking a drunk rich guy...or a legit 29 year old baller living the dream.

Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Highinthegym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

/thread

Originally Posted by Bar182 View Post
    For the younger guys here wait until you are about 26-28 with about 5-7 years in the workforce. This is when you will start thinking "is this all there is"? and thats when your self actualisation journey will begin.
    correct
    so?

are u ****ing retarded? most people hate their jobs because they dont pursue what theyre interested in i see it literally every day
    This X 100000000000000

Goes to school
    Hasn't decided on major
    See's an article that says accounting (Just an example. No hate accounting brahs) is a hot field
    Never great nor cared much for Math.
    Disregards this.
    Barely scrapes through because numbers aren't his passion. May even have flunked out. Lets assume he didn't. Now doing something he has no passion for.

/thread

"I love what I do (for money, 50 hours a week"- Mentally Retarded Children. Only