Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Interesting. I have a couple of grand around, I could buy a few. But then I could have invested it in any other market or currency that's seen crazy movement in the last few years. But I just cba with gambling, I suppose.
    Could have been a slayer.

believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) believebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what is a bitcoin in terms of its architecture, how can it be mined and what do you mean when you say there is a limited number left and it gets harder and harder to mine it?

darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by believebrah View Post
    what is a bitcoin in terms of its architecture, how can it be mined and what do you mean when you say there is a limited number left and it gets harder and harder to mine it?
    For beginners: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page

Bitcoins are mined by millions of people running a mining program that solves complicated algorithms on their pc. Once one of those algorithms is solves (they call it a "block") a block of 25 bitcoins are released amongst the people who participated in mining the block. Nowadays the competition for mining is so high, they can only be mined using specialized hardware called ASIC miners, which cost buttloads of USD. Because the more people are mining, the smaller your share of the released bitcoins will be. And the hashrate (the global rate at which all the miners in the world are mining) is increasing exponentially every day, only the people with the most powerful ASIC miners will get the biggest share of the released bitcoins.

Bitcoins aren't "coins" exactly. The way the bitcoin network works is through transactions. Transactions are tied to addresses, and if you have the private key of the address (the public key), you can access the bitcoins (the transaction amount).

ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the next step for bitcoin is to see what governments do regarding it. (ie if the US outlaws it...good bye sweet bitcoin) however if they adopt it and recognise it..hello $$
    **** ****ity ****

Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flapjacko is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ze all knowing View Post
    the next step for bitcoin is to see what governments do regarding it. (ie if the US outlaws it...good bye sweet bitcoin) however if they adopt it and recognise it..hello $$
    They can't outlaw a currency, has it ever been done?
    Its my thyroid

Misc M.D.

darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000) darkeminence is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ze all knowing View Post
    They never said they were going to outlaw it. I'll just quote this again for the heck of it:
    http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/media/ma...oad-20-website

“This new website – launched barely a month after Federal agents shut down the original Silk Road -- underscores the inescapable reality that technology is dynamic and ever-evolving and that government policy needs to adapt accordingly. Rather than play ‘whack-a-mole’ with the latest website, currency, or other method criminals are using in an effort to evade the law, we need to develop thoughtful, nimble and sensible federal policies that protect the public without stifling innovation and economic growth. Our committee intends to have that conversation – among others - at our hearing this month on virtual currency.”

yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000) yummy22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah noone is going to buy those coins from you when they are that high lol

Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Flapjacko View Post
    They can't outlaw a currency, has it ever been done?

The US has put restrictions on them already afaik, alot of people had their bank accounts closed when they sold bitcoins through an exchange and had the USD sent to their account. They can't outlaw it globally, but they have already stated they think its used for money laundering and drug dealing, and so they want to close the exchange sites. No exchanges, no way to get or sell the bitcoins, it will collapse. I dont see this happening in the whole world, but I think its very possible in the US

BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its a total bubble. Why? because nobody is buying bitcoin because it's a great alternative currency or a store of value. People are buying it because of the greater fool mentality. Nobody wants bitcoin. What they want is government currency, US dollars etc. The only reason they buy bitcoin is because they're hoping to sell it for more than the bought it for to the next idiot. Nobody really thinks bitcoin is worth $500. What they really think is that they're going to put in $500 USD and sell it for $600 USD. If you can't see how that can't go on forever and how it will eventually end in a total collapse I'm sorry but I can't help you

yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i personally would never store my wealth into something i couldnt physically touch lol.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Misc Futbol Crew

Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BigMass View Post
    its a total bubble. Why? because nobody is buying bitcoin because it's a great alternative currency or a store of value. People are buying it because of the greater fool mentality. Nobody wants bitcoin. What they want is government currency, US dollars etc. The only reason they buy bitcoin is because they're hoping to sell it for more than the bought it for to the next idiot. Nobody really thinks bitcoin is worth $500. What they really think is that they're going to put in $500 USD and sell it for $600 USD. If you can't see how that can't go on forever and how it will eventually end in a total collapse I'm sorry but I can't help you
    I'm of the opinion that silkroad and the other TOR blackmarkets are the only thing keeping bitcoin afloat, the amount of legit businesses that accept them is laughable and they can't possibly compete with more established companies that deal in regular currencies. You are right that most people just buy to resell them, but the people who actually use them IMO are almost entirely on the blackmarkets. The only real advantage to most people is the anonymity, buying and selling bitcoins currently is a pain in the ass and totally not worth it to buy something legal that you could easily just pay regular money for

yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bitcoins are not good stores of wealth because they can easily be stolen or hacked while you have no physical way of hiding them
    ***Georgia Crew***

Misc Futbol Crew

And I guess the same isn't done with gold or silver or anything else that holds value? Same principle with gold, one would only buy it hoping it would increase in value. Industrial uses for gold are minimal, most of its value comes from speculation. Bitcoin has far greater uses than gold, it's rarer and more secure and you can't see the actual value of that?

Originally Posted by yelojackt View Post
    bitcoins are not good stores of wealth because they can easily be stolen or hacked while you have no physical way of hiding them
    Lol you can actually store the passcode for a bitcoin wallet in your brain, they call that a brain wallet. I don't see how it gets anymore physical than that. You can make paper wallets with the wallet private key on them, and store them in a safe...

And welcome to the digital age. Gold can also be stolen if you lay it out on the sidewalk in front of your house. So why would you load bitcoins onto an unsecured computer? Everything is changing brah

aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by darkeminence View Post
    And I guess the same isn't done with gold or silver or anything else that holds value? Same principle with gold, one would only buy it hoping it would increase in value. Industrial uses for gold are minimal, most of its value comes from speculation. Bitcoin has far greater uses than gold, it's rarer and more secure and you can't see the actual value of that?
    Are you implying we use a gold standard right now?
    Keenum is the GOAT. Case Closed.

We're all gonna make it brahs

1RM
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 365

BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Anubis18 View Post
    I'm of the opinion that silkroad and the other TOR blackmarkets are the only thing keeping bitcoin afloat, the amount of legit businesses that accept them is laughable and they can't possibly compete with more established companies that deal in regular currencies. You are right that most people just buy to resell them, but the people who actually use them IMO are almost entirely on the blackmarkets. The only real advantage to most people is the anonymity, buying and selling bitcoins currently is a pain in the ass and totally not worth it to buy something legal that you could easily just pay regular money for
    the transactional value of bitcoin was / is around $5-$25. The extra $475 is pure speculation and gambling

Originally Posted by aznb01p View Post
    Are you implying we use a gold standard right now?
    I'm not. But why is gold legitimized as an investment while bitcoin isn't? It's the same fukin principle only bitcoin has far greater uses than some chitty metal that looks shiny.

gold and silver are the OPPOSITE of bitcoins. bitcoin is a fiat currency at its best! there is no way to regulate/protect/physically exchange it

EDIT: and it has no inherent value!
    ***Georgia Crew***

Misc Futbol Crew

ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50) ViewCart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ITT: everyone regret not buying them when they were cheap, saying now its too late.

In the next BC thread in a couple of months: everyone regrets not buying them when they were 500$

Registered User Crew hewhodar3s's Avatar
    hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000) hewhodar3s is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ViewCart View Post
    ITT: everyone regret not buying them when they were cheap, saying now its too late.

In the next BC thread in a couple of months: everyone regrets not buying them when they were 500$
    could happen, but it's also just as likely they will crash again and people can then buy into it
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    gold and silver are the OPPOSITE of bitcoins. bitcoin is a fiat currency at its best! there is no way to regulate/protect/physically exchange it

uwotm8 not sure if srs or trolling
    Ron Paul 2016

pretty much everything you wrote is completely incorrect. Always amused at people's ignorance

Originally Posted by ViewCart View Post

lmao and people say it's not a bubble

aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000) aznb01p is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I'm not. But why is gold legitimized as an investment while bitcoin isn't? It's the same fukin principle only bitcoin has far greater uses than some chitty metal that looks shiny.
    You think the governments and corporations are going to trade in bitcoins? I could exchange apples for money, doesn't mean I'm paying off student loans w/ them.
    Keenum is the GOAT. Case Closed.

We're all gonna make it brahs

1RM
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 365

EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EssexBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hewhodar3s View Post
    could happen, but it's also just as likely they will crash again and people can then buy into it
    This is the problem, its so unpredictable you never know whats going to happen
    If she hasn't got the glow, i don't want to know crew

British Army, Royal Anglians.

Well gold only has value because we place value on it, and bitcoin is also limited in supply just like gold so they can't just make more and devalue it. I'm not sure what you mean theres no way to regulate/protect/exchange it though? They are trying to regulate it, and you obviously can exchange it, protecting it is a matter of protecting the pc/usb where its stored or you can even make a paper wallet and store that.

Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ITT buy high, sell low

pretty much everything you wrote is completely incorrect. Always amused at people's ignorance
    Then tell me mr wizard what's wrong about what I said.

jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post
    ITT: everybody has 30k+ lying around to invest in bitcoins, and everybody ''almost did it'', but no one actually did
    lol this

Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000) Dutchspliff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you can store them on a physical plastic card, so what you are saying is not true.
    Crabbening barn door dorian yates back with paul demayo rhomboids and tom platz sweeping calfpezius muscles thanks to scambald eggs. Okay peace out bye

Genova witness
    Andrew feels like a brother crew
    Goodguy Adam Crew
    Chuck crew

1RM
    Squat: 440
    Deadlift: 584
    Bench: 315
    OHP: 192
    Pushpress: 260