Atlasius88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atlasius88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atlasius88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Being Better Than Average

Hi folks,

I've never struggled with motivation before. I've always felt that human nature is to be as lazy as possible while still being comfortable. The average/normal person is not something I ever want to measure myself against, this mindset has helped me succeed in every aspect of my life that is important to me. I know that if I really want to achieve something, it's just a matter of time until I reach that goal.

Recently I've been finding it harder and harder to stay motivated while friends and family say trivial yet hurtful comments concerning my lifestyle choices. Little things like friends saying they wouldn't want to be that big(only 150lbs and 5'7''), friends and family taking pokes at my diet or lack of desire to get drunk... and wake up feeling so terrible and drained that I end up eating everything in sight and missing multiple workouts which only makes me feel more physically weak and depressed.

How do you all stay motivated and striving towards a higher standard for yourself while the rest of the world is content with mediocrity?

isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isotopes2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Atlasius88 View Post
    Hi folks,

I've never struggled with motivation before. I've always felt that human nature is to be as lazy as possible while still being comfortable. The average/normal person is not something I ever want to measure myself against, this mindset has helped me succeed in every aspect of my life that is important to me. I know that if I really want to achieve something, it's just a matter of time until I reach that goal.

Recently I've been finding it harder and harder to stay motivated while friends and family say trivial yet hurtful comments concerning my lifestyle choices. Little things like friends saying they wouldn't want to be that big(only 150lbs and 5'7''), friends and family taking pokes at my diet or lack of desire to get drunk... and wake up feeling so terrible and drained that I end up eating everything in sight and missing multiple workouts which only makes me feel more physically weak and depressed.

How do you all stay motivated and striving towards a higher standard for yourself while the rest of the world is content with mediocrity?
    I would never know how you feel, but i have an idea of how you are feeling. I remember when I was heavy in HS, my friends were making fun of me and even my aunts, i lost the weights in one summer and show them that it was not impossible...the way i see it is, if you want the rainbow you gotta put up with the rain. Dude i am 25 and believe me, i have no to very little desire to get drunk...

lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lee168 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi folks,

Generally people dont really like change. The people around you like you the way you were before i.e. Getting drunk, eating bad foods, making bad choices. The fact that you are changing is very odd in their eyes as it is not the norm anymore. They don't understand why you eat what you eat and do what you do.

In the short term perspective everyone around you will be asking why you are doing what you are doing. In the long run, they will ask you how you achieved your results.
    The fastest full body routine:

Deadlift 5x5 - 315
    Squat 5x5 - 286
    Dips 5x5 - BW + 100
    Pull ups 5x5 - BW + 77

Goal:
    To double the above:

leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi folks,

Great job thinking "comfort is the enemy of success." It's normal when you change yourself and everyone around you doesn't like it. "When you change, other people don't like it because the things they use to manipulate you stop working."

Maybe the reason you find it hard to stay motivated is the lack of understanding what motivates you. Different people are motivated by different reasons. Primarily people are motivated by three realms which is power, affiliation, and achievement and also could be away from pain and towards pleasure.

Some people workout to gain control of their life, some people workout because they like the attention they get, some people workout because they feel they can accomplish something in their life.

Personally I find that being self-motivated is better than being motivated. I get motivated by looking at aesthetic physiques like Frank Zane or Bill Paris. I have a digital vision board on my laptop desktop background. The beauty of the human body and symmetry inspires me. I'll attach some images that motivate me. This is the vision board I have on my computer.
    Attached Images
    "Your body is the mirror of your mind"

www.MuscleInTheMaking.com

peps170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a tough one. Im exactly on the same boat, just finished highschool and for the past 3 years have been looking at my nutrition and training in an obsessive way, or close. My friends don't accept what i am doing and the way i am turning out to be, everyone knows when you lose weight and get fit, you get a lot more confidence and instead of being happy for me, they hate on it. Well guess what, i realized it was maybe time to take a break from everyone and rather start looking for new friends who are in the same boat because that is what will help you, surrounding yourself with similar people. Just stay strong, i think the hardest part is when going to Mcdonalds with my friends and while they order 3 burgers each, i sit there with a large coke light....not fun but thats what distinguishes me from the rest!

ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedArber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi folks,

With that attitude you'll make it bro, best attitude a person can have.

glaz81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glaz81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glaz81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's easier for people to criticize then to compliment.
    By complimenting you it only makes them realize how over weight or out of shape they are. So they will put you down to feel better about them selves.

pay no attention to them. it's your life.. live it as you wish.

PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In the end the only one that will suffer from the things you do will be yourself. With that being said the only one that will look extremely good at the beach will be you if you continue your path.... You choose.
    Clear your mind when Lifting.... Put your brain on autopilot and soon those 21 reps will be over...