can't see my feet (bulk) c-diddy's Avatar
    c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking After doing Cardio 2 Hours 3x a Week for 6 months + weights... [WASTE OF TIME]

Been dating this co-worker the past 6 months. She's a cardio bunny doing 2-3 hours about 3x a week, and I've come to the point where I can keep up. Running, elliptical, you name it... Now, I'm thinking of breaking it off and realizing the cons at the gym out weigh the pros.

PROS:
    - Feel great physically. Probably the best shape of my life, cardio-wise.
    - Can eat like a pig. Usually, I go to Carl's Jr. and get a "Big Hamburger" for $1.39 (after tax) to replenish my calories and stay at or above maintenance.
    - Blood tests for cholesterol, triglycerides, sugar are amazing. My Dr. asked me what I do to get these results. (family history of Diabetes Type II)
    - Heart rate and blood pressure are in normal levels (family history of high blood pressure)

[NOTE: I get similar Blood test results doing cardio for only 15-20 minutes 3x a week and eating within maintenance, so over an hour is unnecessary IMHO. Though my heart rate previous to this last 6 months was bordering pre-hypertension.]

CONS:
    - During workout days, after work, no time do do anything else after leaving the gym in the evening.
    - Any cardio takes time away from weights
    - Excess cardio slows down the healing process from doing weights (just my theory)
    - Cortisol has aging effect? Just my theory but my gal has a hot fantastic body but looks old for her age. Maybe it's excess cortisol? During this past 6 months I started seeing gray hairs in my nostrils, on my chin, more on top of my head. No added wrinkles though (whew)... Or maybe father time has just chosen to catch up with me this particular 6 months?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2 hours is extreme for a lot of people.
    We're cookin' with gas now.

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2 hours of cardio, and not training for marathons?... waste of time indeed.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have never known anyone who was seriously weight-training doing 3 hours of cardio. Even when I was competing in triathlons, I didn't do that much cardio. I also don't know anyone who does 3 hours of cardio who isn't a distance runner, or has an eating disorder.

Start doing HIIT, and keep hitting the weights.
    "Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ― Thomas Jefferson

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you enjoy it,do it.if not dont.
    you only need 9 hours of cardio a week if your training for something.
    asthmatic dumbass crew
    shop smart shop s mart
    i said all the words,mostly.
    member of the crew member crew.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by c-diddy View Post
    Been dating this co-worker the past 6 months. She's a cardio bunny doing 2-3 hours about 3x a week, and I've come to the point where I can keep up. Running, elliptical, you name it... Now, I'm thinking of breaking it off and realizing the cons at the gym out weigh the pros.
    Breaking it off with the cardio or the girl?

LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100) LordVader88 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'd say take the strain of the joints and not do 2hr/day

Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amstat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you lift heavy and consistently with dedication and intensity.......you are ALREADY doing cardio conditioning.

c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    Breaking it off with the cardio or the girl?
    The girl, just rationalizing the unnecessary aspects of our relationship that aren't beneficial toward my goals.

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Amstat View Post
    If you lift heavy and consistently with dedication and intensity.......you are ALREADY doing cardio conditioning.
    i wish this were true.
    but if you want the benefits of cardio,do cardio.
    if you want the benefits of lifting heavy,then lift heavy.
    if your like me and want both,do both.
    asthmatic dumbass crew
    shop smart shop s mart
    i said all the words,mostly.
    member of the crew member crew.

Grind Hard. Stay Humble. beardb's Avatar
    beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000)
    The girl, just rationalizing the unnecessary aspects of our relationship that aren't beneficial toward my goals.
    Just inform her that much cardio is too much for you to reach your goals. Why get rid of the girl? I doubt she's holding a gun to you telling you to do 3 hours of cardio with her. Spend more time on the weights.

Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ribsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why must you do cardio together? Why don't you lift while she does cardio?

Originally Posted by Ribsbrah View Post
    Why must you do cardio together? Why don't you lift while she does cardio?
    Originally Posted by beardb View Post
    Why get rid of the girl? I doubt she's holding a gun to you telling you to do 3 hours of cardio with her. Spend more time on the weights.
    As all things, all relationships come to their natural conclusion. We've went our course, now time to go our separate ways.

The cardio is just a minor annoyance I've tolerated all this time.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did you know: you can date a cardio bunny and not spend all your time with her doing cardio? It's true. You can do it. If cardio is the reason you're breaking up with her, then I mean this in the kindest, most loving way possible: you're a retard.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    Did you know: you can date a cardio bunny and not spend all your time with her doing cardio? It's true. You can do it. If cardio is the reason you're breaking up with her, then I mean this in the kindest, most loving way possible: you're a retard.
    If she was doing so much cardio without doing progressive weights, then it'd be kind of ridiculous to expect your regimen w/ the weight progression to be productive after that much cardio.

Still, I think he's saying that he's breaking up with her, and is less inclined to do extreme amounts of cardio.
    We're cookin' with gas now.