ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScrappyDew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cholesterol question

Not sure if this is the right forum. I have a question about cholesterol, and I can't seem to find the answer. I have a theory, but I'm not sure if it's correct.

I'm wondering if having high cholesterol can effect the body's ability to take in oxygen at the cellular level ? The reason I ask, is because the way I figure it, as your cholesterol goes up (particularly the LDL type) so does the amount of plaque that is built up on your arterial walls. Can that plaque hinder the ability to take in the oxygen that is in your blood ? If nothing else, the blood flow is altered due to a slight blockage.

I've always enjoyed exercising. I have recently been put on blood pressure medication, as well as Crestor for the cholesterol. For hereditary reasons, but I'm sure how I eat was partially to blame. I have times I eat unhealthy, and times I eat very healthy.

I was on blood pressure medication for 5 years, and eventually my doctor took me off of it, because I ran out of pills for 4 weeks before returning to the doctor, and my blood pressure was better than normal.

On Thanksgiving day, my daughter and I raced about 50 yards. Afterwards, I was out of breath for about what seemed like 30 minutes, and I could feel my heart pounding for about an hour.So then a few days later I went to the doctor, my blood pressure was up, and my cholesterol was 277 with an LDL of 195. That's when he put me on Crestor, and blood pressure medicine.

I've always enjoyed exercising, but I just don't feel like I can do anything aerobic anymore, and it's frustrating. Even when I was on blood pressure medication before, my cholesterol was high. The doctor didn't pay much mind to it back then though. That's when my cardio ability started going downhill, but now it flat out sucks. I realize that I'm getting older, but (at 35) I should be better than this. I've enjoyed exercising all my life. Like many of you, I know my body pretty well. I know that this feeling is different than what you feel when you're just out of shape.

So based on my original question, should I be optimistic that the use of Crestor (thus improving my cholesterol) will help me feel at least a little bit better when exercising ?
    Last edited by ScrappyDew; 12-23-2007 at 05:18 AM.
    Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    While a doctor can better explain this, in short hypercholesterolemia and other CVD risk factors do have an influence on aerobic capacity.

Regardless, I highly encourage you to discuss your prognosis for improvement with your doctor and not rely on "opinions" here.
    Last edited by in10city; 12-23-2007 at 06:35 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.