In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)

100 Pushups Program with Regular Splits

Hey guys.

Been a while since I've been on this website..This isn't HUGELY relevant to losing fat, but I just know this subforum is very active and filled with a couple well informed individuals..

I've been wanting to try out the 100 Pushups Program (http://www.hundredpushups.com/week1.....gbUAxNre.dpbs), just for fun. I think it would be cool to be able to knock out 100 straight pushups lol. But I obviously don't want to stop my regular splits, which is usually 4 days a week (push, pull, shoulders and abs, legs). My typical lifting method is heavy with low reps (aim for 5-6, if I hit 8 I increase weight).

To simplify it, the Pushups program calls for doing pushups pretty much to exhaustion, three days a week. Do you guys think if I did this in conjunction with my typical splits it would be over training? I dont HAVE to do this, I just kinda wanted to do it for fun, but not if it will lead to over training. Obviously I'm cutting so just looking to maintain or slightly increase my lifts, and just maintain muscle. But the pushups thing is just for fun.

Thanks guys
    275->180->248... Next stop, 150

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ---Rocky Balboa

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

DISCIPLINE + PATIENCE = SUCCESS

bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50) bs-stunting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Now this is just my opinion, but that push up program sucks. I have given it a whirl a few times and I wasn't a fan of it. To me it seems like they just threw numbers on the paper. I said screw that program and came up with my own. I now do push ups as my warm up before my main lifting. I vary it. 3 sets of max reps. timed. incline/decline/weighted. I will also do a set of push ups when I am all done with my lifting. Right before I stretch. From just doing push ups all the time I can do about 80 or so. I also do some push ups before my evening winds down. Greasing the groove may work well for you as well. Just gotta figure out what works for you and what doesn't. And if you do it right, it won't hinder your lifting. If anything it will be beneficial.
    "So you think you can win?....... I don't think I can lose."

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is a form of endurance training that will affect the rate of muscle protein synthesis in the affected muscle groups, just like cardio (running) attenuates growth in your legs (although perhaps to a lesser degree). If you've no real reason to do it, it's not worth the cost.

In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    It is a form of endurance training that will affect the rate of muscle protein synthesis in the affected muscle groups, just like cardio (running) attenuates growth in your legs (although perhaps to a lesser degree). If you've no real reason to do it, it's not worth the cost.
    Thats sort of what I figured. I have no other reason for doing it other than to challenge myself with something other than my typical lifting routine, same reason I'm looking to get into running.
    275->180->248... Next stop, 150

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ---Rocky Balboa

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

DISCIPLINE + PATIENCE = SUCCESS