Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sweaty Ramblings

First journal entry and its a vent..

Just got back from training feeling a little pissed at my trainer.
    He decided we were doing chin ups (close handed) in the squat rack.
    I normally struggle a little with pull ups but had gotten better with negs and his help...we normally do those on the actual pull up bar.
    I barely managed one and couldn't even do a neg on the next one, I just basically collapsed (lol).

He actually got really angry and swore to (loudly)to himself and as we moved away from them, he shoved a bench out of the way pretty aggressively.
    We do have a good relationship and normally I do my best where humanely possible, but sometimes things are not just mind over matter as he seems to think.

He has had a bad car accident a few years ago which he has mentioned affects his processing, I would think maybe this affects his emotions to some degree..maybe.
    Its still no excuse to flip your lid at a client though : /

I did manage to lift more than usual after that because I was pretty pissed off lol.

His reasoning about being able to do a chin up is about show eg. not many people can do them...but I pointed out my back appears that I do them anyway, so whats the big deal ;p
    Meh to chin ups now...I just hope he doesn't lose the plot again at me because I really do like his training...
    Last edited by pUniCepts; 12-02-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    Cheers,
    Mel x

-Just because it burns, it doesn't mean your gonna die- (Pink)

My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149651933

melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile home cardio box circuit!

The gym is crazy on a Saturday, so decided Saturday is workout out at home day. Dont have any weights at the moment, but did buy a early xmas present yesterday- this awesome boxing man : )
    Had the best time this morning..might do it again tomorrow.
    My workout needs a little refining as I go. Got through it twice and added some jack knifes (?) to the abs. Back workout didn't quite happen on the swiss ball due to stability issues lol, so did them on the mat.
    The blue mat is for yoga which I finished off inside..was really hot by the end.
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Am I stuck with a frowny face on my journal forever?
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by melodyjayne View Post
    Am I stuck with a frowny face on my journal forever?
    ask a mod think they can edit it out. also subbed cause that cardio is interesting
    IG: kenneth_prime

thanks Squatticus : )
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Just finished my circuit with a few adjustments along the way.

Started off with a warm up of stretches/lunges on my step.
    Skipped the rest periods for bursts of yoga in a nice shady spot ( warming up here in aussie)

Minimal squats as yesterday was leg day and I had focused on these.
    Did some walking lunges across the yard ( about 25 there and back) lunged backwards which really burnt my stubborn quads : )

If you like 90s pop and boxing...dr jones by aqua has the best beat..really gets you sweating : )

Time: 50 mins

Off topic link from BB.com for booty workouts: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glor...ter-booty.html
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Since my husbands been home I seem to be doing a slow bulk instead of a slow cut...no visible fat gain, abs still happening...prefer to think of the extra 1.7 kilos as muscle gain and not chocolate and alcohol whilst keeping hubs company on the lounge : )

Anyway, thought I would post a couple of days of recent workouts to try and keep my journal a little consistent.
    With these, bear in mind I normally depend on my trainer (who's away on hols) for his brains : ) and I forget what some exercises are called, so plz use yr imagination!

!0.12.12

Shoulders

Sets of 10,8

Superset of:

Cable pulls
    DB lateral raises
    Shoulder press machine

Repeat

Chest

Pec deck 3 x10
    Incline BP 3 x10
    Push ups Smith 3 x rtf

Pullups

Negs x8
    Did manage 3 properly as well and pretty sure I crunched a vertebrae! Focus on keeping back straight, facing forward and not up

Triceps

Dips 3 x rtf

Legs/Butt

Cross trainer warm up 10 mins

Leg extensions 4 sets 15,12,10,8
    Managed last set at 5kgs which is a PB (no snickering thanks!)

Superset
    Leg press x15 70 kg
    Lying leg curls x15 4 kg

Repeat

Good Mornings 3 x 15

Walking lunges with 5kg dbs about 40

Superset
    Stiff leg dead lifts
    Standing calf raises

Repeat x 3

Was going to try hip thrusts as was all alone in the weight room, but suddenly this buff young attractive man walked in, so maybe another day lol.

Treadmill 15 mins 6km ph

Recovery day
    Last edited by melodyjayne; 12-11-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Good to see no weight gain this morning..,.altho the hubs dragged me to a dim sum luncheon/banquet yesterday..so probably will show up on tomorrows weigh in. New years resolution..track my calories!

Anyway, my trainer is back (yay) so today from memory we did;

Back/Biceps

bent over rows, drop set max 20 kilos

seated rows max 7kg supersetted with assisted pull ups of 7kg then/8kg
    (forearms pumped)

Deadlifts x 3 max 20 kilo

Finished off with ez curl bar and 5kg weights
    Bicep curls 3 x rtf

Didn't realise I had veins on the outside of my forearms until during this!

*note when I say max it doesn't mean 1 rep max, obviously, lol *
    Last edited by melodyjayne; 12-12-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    Cheers,
    Mel x

did my own workout today. Usually have training as a 3 day split, then I do my own thing on wed/fri/sat.
    Have been doing legs twice a week for a couple of months with some results showing finally...

Anyway, today was legs/butt day again : )

Cross trainer warm up 10 mins on level 12

Smith squats 3 x 6-8 reps (last set 6 reps at 25kg minus bar)

leg ext 2 x 6-8 reps 5kg , 1 x 15 reps @ 3 kg
    rests replaced with static lunges 10 each leg 7kg DB

Good mornings 3 x 10 @ 10kg

Standing calf raises 1 x25

treadmill 10 mins

Squat rack for GM next time...or just use DBs..feeling like its the same anyway?

Last edited by melodyjayne; 12-13-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Cardio circuit day, with jumping jacks and squat thrusts thrown in.
    Extra time spent on the bag...highlight was imagining it was the ex MIL while ace of spades was blasting on my ipod : )

Next Saturday, hopefully will be jogging along the beach with my dog and yoga-ing sunrise and sunset as we are off down south camping for xmas holidays soon..bliss!
    Just have to research what my diet will be..no taking protein powder, that may be a little fanatical lol
    Cheers,
    Mel x

PT is mixing things up a bit which is great : )

Today focused on chest and back, with my strength improving.

Super set of incline bench press max 6 reps at 10kilo
    Barbell rows max 6 at 25 kilo? was the heaviest weight the barbells go to anyway

Repeated sets x 3

Superset bench press max 6 reps at 35 kilo (?)
    bent over DB rows max 10 at 12.5kilo

Finished with superset and drop sets of pec deck and lat pull downs

PT was extremely happy as was I : ))
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How often do you train with a PT? Do you find it beneficial?

I have trained with him for over 6 months 3 times a week now.
    Definitely beneficial for me as I enjoy training with someone other than by myself and I am a bit of a blonde when it comes to thinking for myself in the weight room!
    I manage more reps ( with his yelling) and can go heavier, so at this early stage in my lifting I am pretty reliant on him, plus he's got a great sense of humour : )
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Leg Day

Super set ( 3 sets of each)
    Box squats x 20
    Lying leg curls max 5kg

Super set ( 3 sets of each)
    Leg press (machine) max 12kg
    DB stiff deads max 12.5kg

Leg extensions

Drop set from 5kg
    finished with 2kg 20 reps ( negs) then fast reps to failure ( puke time)

Walked it out on the tread mill...should be sore tomorrow hopefully : )
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Thought I would get to the gym a little later today as no PT for a few weeks and I have holidays...the gym will be nice and quiet, shall have the weight room to myself I thought..WRONG!!
    It was packed out with others who no doubt had the same crazy thought as me haha.

I love elderly people, but they are the worst when it comes to gym etiquette..I was happily drop setting next to the rack, and reached for the 3kg only to see them snatched by the old dear who had appeared from no where, working out directly behind me..

Anyway, this is my noobish workout as follows:

Shoulders:

Standing Military Press ( barbell)

5x5 max 10 kg

Rear Delt Flys

3x 8-12 reps
    max 4kg

cuff dribbles

straight bar cable raises
    3 x 8-12

one arm lateral shoulder raisers DB drop set from 6kg

Triceps:

dip machine
    ( just 2 sets of 10, niggles my left rotator cuff)

OH cable pulls

3 x 8-12
    max 5kg

extra set 3kg RTF

bench dips

15 reps

did a set of tricep kick backs DBs while waiting for the ez bar

skull crushers ( love these but was really weak only managed 5 reps and failed)

Abs:

cable crunches
    russian twists
    ab raise chair thingy
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Did HIT today...my own casual form of it where I was less likely to die of a heart attack!

Approx times:
    Cross trainer 8 min total with equal breaks
    Rower 5 min total 30 sec breaks
    Bike 3 min same pace throughout, legs were stuffed

Tread mill:

20 mins 6.5km pace walking with 1 min jogs @9.0km every few minutes
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Last day at the gym till January....

Bicep curls DB

warm up set 15 x 4kg
    10 x 5kg
    8 x 7kg
    8 x 8kg

Pull ups
    3 +
    3 negs

Legs:

super set
    standing calf raises
    4 sets, 15-10 reps, last set @ 10kg
    DB deads
    4 sets 10-12 reps, last two sets @ 12.5kg

Superset
    seated leg press machine

6 sets? Single legs, max set @ 7kg ( fiddled around with dropsets/negs)
    walking lunges 5kg weights

No squats..feel bad!

Treadmill 5.5kph about 15 mins
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    HI Melody!!!

Finally looked you up!! >>>Subbed<<<

When I get a bit more time I'll read up on what you're up to...have to run my son into town.

YaY! : )) My journal needs to be laid out a little better, I kind of type how I think..a little scattered ; )
    No entries in here till January, going beach camping. Merry Xmas xx
    Cheers,
    Mel x

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by melodyjayne View Post
    I love elderly people, but they are the worst when it comes to gym etiquette..I was happily drop setting next to the rack, and reached for the 3kg only to see them snatched by the old dear who had appeared from no where, working out directly behind me..
    That was meeeeee!!!!! LOL .....j/k

dip machine
    ( just 2 sets of 10, niggles my left rotator cuff)
    I have to watch my right shoulder, just be careful you don't go too deep - really pay attention to your shoulder and stop if it complains. You will still get a decent burn without going too deep.

Nice work Melody! You have a lot of energy, I avoid that high intensity stuff as I'm sure I'll spend some of the time lying on the floor!! I love your home cardio box circuit and I need to get me a punching man too! If I put a dress on him, he'll look zackly like my s-i-l

Enjoy the break and a Merry Christmas to you too!! Travel safe and stay cool

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    That was meeeeee!!!!! LOL .....j/k

I have to watch my right shoulder, just be careful you don't go too deep - really pay attention to your shoulder and stop if it complains. You will still get a decent burn without going too deep.

Nice work Melody! You have a lot of energy, I avoid that high intensity stuff as I'm sure I'll spend some of the time lying on the floor!! I love your home cardio box circuit and I need to get me a punching man too! If I put a dress on him, he'll look zackly like my s-i-l

Enjoy the break and a Merry Christmas to you too!! Travel safe and stay cool
    Haha : )) and thanks! x
    Cheers,
    Mel x

back from a lovely camping break in the SW of WA with the husband and dog. Ate everything and anything, did a little yoga and made up a HIIT run on the beach a couple of times a day with the dog and a coconut LOL, it was great fun trying to sprint with her : )
    Got back to the gym last Saturday as here in perth is just way too hot for any boxing at home, so hit the cross trainer, rower and treadmill. These I did HIIT mostly. The rower was my weakness for once. Ran so easily on the treadmill ( normally i feel unco just like a baby elephant!) must have been the beach running i think. Ran that hard I was ready to puke in my towel, awesome : ))

Chest/Bicep day with PT:

Did 4X training with BP ( 10 kilo on the bar) ( choose a weight you think you can do 15 reps of and do 10 for 4 sets, with 30 sec breaks) I was hoping when he mentioned 4X training he referring to beer, but no...
    1 crappy push up ( must start doing these again, was up to 10)

Superset:
    Incline shoulder press 7-8kg
    Olympic bar curls (20kg) x10
    next set did just 5 reps..changed to 15kg bar

Superset:
    pec deck
    cable bicep curls
    (handle grips and pull to ears thing)

These were high reps with low weights..was stuffed and arms felt like rock..could hardly scratch my face after : )

Uploaded a blurry holiday bikini pic in a house we were staying that I am sure was haunted O.O..and also a pic of Frenchmans Bay in Albany Western Australia..the pic doesn't come close to capturing the white sand or the intense turquoise of the water..better than Whitehaven Beach in the Whitsundays!
    Quick edit to include pic Skye, my staffy..very instagram style : )
    Attached Images
    Last edited by melodyjayne; 01-06-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Cheers,
    Mel x

8.1.13 Legs with PT

warm up leg ext 15@3, 10 @4
    squat rack 3 sets, bar, coils, 20 kilos

Finding it a challenge in sitting easily back, tending to lean forward. I seem to sit back more easily with the smith machine for some reason...

Superset
    Endless lunges 5kg discs, 7kg DBS, no weight
    Lying leg curls 4kg, 5kg

Seated leg press 7kg 15 reps
    leg ext 3 kg RTF

walked/ stretched 20 mins

Quads killing me..forced myself to head to the gym

HIIT ( moderate)
    40 mins treadmill

10.1.13 Back/shoulders/tri with PT

superset repeated x3

lat pull downs-stirrup grips-5-7kg
    seated rows-long bar-5-7kg
    shoulder press machine 4-5kg?

superset repeat x3

cable tricep ext-v bar
    pull downs-v bar
    shoulder raises DB 4kg
    partial raises 10kg

finished with partial raises RTF around 20 reps
    Cheers,
    Mel x

ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IN! what a sweet backyard setup you have! awesome little bod you have there too! nice job girl

Oh I love that pic with your dog lol

Good to see you back and at it MJ. Lovely pic and you are in good shape, things can only get better from here

The quads are simply paying you back for what you put them through Keep at it!

Originally Posted by ozziefitchick View Post
    IN! what a sweet backyard setup you have! awesome little bod you have there too! nice job girl

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    Oh I love that pic with your dog lol

Good to see you back and at it MJ. Lovely pic and you are in good shape, things can only get better from here

The quads are simply paying you back for what you put them through Keep at it!
    Going to punish my calves next week too now they have recovered from walking on sand..thats a killer!
    Cheers,
    Mel x

11.1.13 Cardio

Treadmill, 20 mins of moderate HIIT ( so I don't die and embarrass myself)
    Rower 5 mins dialled in at full resistance, 10 more minutes half resistance
    Abs on the chair thing..10 x 3
    Pull ups ( just negs lol) massive amount..3
    Step ups DBs 16kg 20 x 3

Boxing 15 minutes
    push ups x 6 ( good for me)

Had planned on an hour workout, but was messaged by old friends who were planning on a visit
    so abandoned Herman ( my boxing man) and did 30 minutes of intense mopping, scrubbing and dishes just in time for their arrival.
    Had pizza in the oven for them, which they declined, so I ate it and drank a tequila....nice day : )
    Cheers,
    Mel x

ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tequilla! girl after my own heart solid cardio sesh there miss, good work!
    Does Herman make noises or is he just solid?

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cheers MJ! I'm enjoying some bubbles myself.

Sometimes I think unexpected guests are a blessing in disguise... You get all that housework you were putting off done really quickly!!

Originally Posted by ozziefitchick View Post
    Tequilla! girl after my own heart solid cardio sesh there miss, good work!
    Does Herman make noises or is he just solid?
    no noises, but I wish!
    Cheers,
    Mel x