jaym1357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Plan to lose fat and get shredded. Advice?

5'11
    Male
    17 years old
    199 lbs
    36 waist

I've never lifted in my life, and I haven't played a sport in a year, so, the weight just piled on. I got fat on my arse, belly, stomach, chest, thighs, and more. I wanna drop 25-30 lbs and get a size 31 waist by May 15th 2013 (My bday). Here's my plan. BTW, Nutrition: 1900-2000 cals a day, will; be getting my protein in. Main source of carbs will be whole grain bread and oatmeal. Protein: Meats, eggs, milk every once in a while.
    My main concern is my workout program. Here is what I am planning

Mon: Back+Bis: Cardio 30-35 mins on treadmill
    Tues: Rest
    Wed: Chest+Tris: Maybe cardio, 30 mins elliptical
    Thurs: Cardio, HIIT on treadmill, 20-30 mins
    Fri: Legs+Shoulders
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: HIIT on treadmill, 20-30 mins.

Will I achieve my goal by the given date? Thanks for the help and tips guys!

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jaym1357 View Post
    5'11
    Male
    17 years old
    199 lbs
    36 waist

I've never lifted in my life, and I haven't played a sport in a year, so, the weight just piled on. I got fat on my arse, belly, stomach, chest, thighs, and more. I wanna drop 25-30 lbs and get a size 31 waist by May 15th 2013 (My bday). Here's my plan. BTW, Nutrition: 1900-2000 cals a day, will; be getting my protein in. Main source of carbs will be whole grain bread and oatmeal. Protein: Meats, eggs, milk every once in a while.
    My main concern is my workout program. Here is what I am planning

Mon: Back+Bis: Cardio 30-35 mins on treadmill
    Tues: Rest
    Wed: Chest+Tris: Maybe cardio, 30 mins elliptical
    Thurs: Cardio, HIIT on treadmill, 20-30 mins
    Fri: Legs+Shoulders
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: HIIT on treadmill, 20-30 mins.

Will I achieve my goal by the given date? Thanks for the help and tips guys!
    171 at 5'11" with minimal LBM is not going to look good at all. You are still growing too. Get diet in check and start lifting serious and be amazed at what happens. Be CONSISTENT with both though, and dont expect changes overnight.
    Plan looks ok. Dont worry about food sources. Eat a variety and make sure to get in that protein and fat. Adjust carbs as needed.
    And nobody can answer your question. Depends on how your body responds, depends on how closely you follow your plan and if you have any set backs, etc. The important thing is START NOW and dont waste anymore time.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    171 at 5'11" with minimal LBM is not going to look good at all. You are still growing too. Get diet in check and start lifting serious and be amazed at what happens. Be CONSISTENT with both though, and dont expect changes overnight.
    Plan looks ok. Dont worry about food sources. Eat a variety and make sure to get in that protein and fat. Adjust carbs as needed.
    And nobody can answer your question. Depends on how your body responds, depends on how closely you follow your plan and if you have any set backs, etc. The important thing is START NOW and dont waste anymore time.
    Yeah, I;ve wasted so much time not putting a plan into practice. So you're saying I should be at 171 with a good LBM (keep my muscle) in order to look good? The thing that confuses me the most is the cardio factor. I don't know what to do, how to do it, or for how long.

articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50) articulomortis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try running on your off lifting days, it will give your upper a chance to recover, and will keep you burning your cal's. Remember to drink lots of water/green tea.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by articulomortis View Post
    Try running on your off lifting days, it will give your upper a chance to recover, and will keep you burning your cal's. Remember to drink lots of water/green tea.
    Yeah, I'd second this. Separating cardio from lifting days is probably better for recovery and is less likely to interfere with growth.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Yeah, I'd second this. Separating cardio from lifting days is probably better for recovery and is less likely to interfere with growth.
    Okay, thanks. So I'll do cardio 3 times a week. WHat type though? Moderate or HIIT?

Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jaym1357 View Post
    Okay, thanks. So I'll do cardio 3 times a week. WHat type though? Moderate or HIIT?
    Do whatever works best for you. I prefer HIIT because I can get it over with quickly and it works better for me. Test both of them out and see what kind of results you get. You may even alternate them each week.

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Do whatever works best for you. I prefer HIIT because I can get it over with quickly and it works better for me. Test both of them out and see what kind of results you get. You may even alternate them each week.
    Yeah true I hate wasting 45 mins there doing cardio. Is 200-300 cals a good range of calories to burn each sessions?