ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100)

SS Variation Help Please

OK so after a couple times SS was recommended to me on this forum one time someone gave me a routine:

Mon:
    -Squat
    -Bench
    -BB Row

Wed:
    Squat
    Military
    Deadlift

Then repeat Mon and week 2 change the order ABA BAB you get the idea. 3x5 except deadlift 1x5

I've been following this and I went from 188 to 193 (5'9"ish) pounds in about 3 - 4 weeks. I really don't see a big difference in my body which is strange I might have put on fat. My diet is faily clean I take Whey protein.

Now it has come to my attention through comments on this forum and through googling Mark Ripptoes program that this is quite far from the real SS. Mark Ripptoe seems to place great importance on Power Cleans. (I've never seen this excersize but I could look it up.)

Should I change it to incorporate Power Cleans and/or do the real SS? Any critisisms anyway?

Thanks

ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100) ShanYin is not very well liked. (-100)
    Also is there anything I can read about what kind of results I can expect from the program?

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    it looks like stronglifts 5x5, you need also ramp up the weights according a percentage.
    To maintain your weight and bf, you need to calculate your calories and macros.

Powercleans are a very technical lift, you may skip that, but if you got someone who can guide into it, it would be a great lift to incorporate.

to sum up, you need to do check out stronglifts 5x5, follow the percentage and keep your diet in check
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154

So your saying switch it to 5x5? My fitness trainer friend said putting the reps up to 6 - 8 is better for building muscle. Yeah I used to up the weight each set but not according to any percentage that doesnt seem to make sense. What about power cleans?

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    did a an edit.

Hmm, I disagree with you fitness trainer. I think you should do good strength gains before going for hypertrophy, but thats my 0.2.
    How much do you lift, bro?
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154

I'm not consistent with my weights because at first I was increasing the wegiht so I would just wing it and try to burn myself out.

But today I didn't do that and I remember putting 35's on the squat, 25's on the bench and BB Row 35's. I really think I could do a little bit more I'm not sore and felt like I could have managed a bit more.

What this about a percentage bro? and your sayin do 5x5's?

Originally Posted by ShanYin View Post
    I'm not consistent with my weights because at first I was increasing the wegiht so I would just wing it and try to burn myself out.

But today I didn't do that and I remember putting 35's on the squat, 25's on the bench and BB Row 35's. I really think I could do a little bit more I'm not sore and felt like I could have managed a bit more.

What this about a percentage bro? and your sayin do 5x5's?
    I'm going to go buy a measuring tape when I can find one to calculate my body fat %. I've never tried to meet my macros but I find calcuating calories, macros and managing everything I eat pretty difficult and the macros are usually pretty high shocked at the amount of carbs I should eat usually. Also I don't know if I should bulk or cut.

DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5x5, 3x5, both will work. 5x5 is more size oriented, 3x5 is more strength oriented, both will get you a good amount of strength and size. With regards to Power Cleans, they are really fun, and they help with Deadlift. Barbell rows are also very good, but given the choice, I'd learn the power cleans.

Read about StrongLifts or Starting Strength. Whichever program you do, the progression (how you increase the weights) is the same.