xxmakaveli49xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxmakaveli49xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxmakaveli49xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxmakaveli49xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxmakaveli49xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

squats killed me

so i did squats for the first time on a machine and now i feel like my legs are going to fall off. they hurt so so bad is there anything i can do for this ? i dont recall the weight but i did 3 sets 8 reps im guessings its because its my first time on this machine but man do they hurt.

scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    why were using a machine?
    You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Sixty8IOweUOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess his gym doesnt have a squat rack, like mine.
    The first time i done them i felt the same, 3 days after my legs were still sore. Squats are an excellant exercise, they work leg's, lower back, abs and all.
    No pain no gain.

Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt-Gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by scotyg
    why were using a machine?
    Yeah! Why were???
    I'm a pro wrestler. Dig it.

OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xxmakaveli49xx
    so i did squats for the first time on a machine and now i feel like my legs are going to fall off. they hurt so so bad is there anything i can do for this ? i dont recall the weight but i did 3 sets 8 reps im guessings its because its my first time on this machine but man do they hurt.

next week try barbell squats and do 1-2 more sets, with a 15-20 reps for your last.

then u can tell us how u died

gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    pain can be a good thing chief
    'May god have mercy upon my enemies, because i wont.'
    ()()().............iiiii............()()()
    ()()()""""""""""""('_')"""""""""""()()()
    ()()()."o.......//i_i\\.......o"()()()
    ..........(()(''( ._|_. )'')())..........
    ...............\-i-/................
    .........../ ''i'' \.............
    .......(() ).( ()).......
    .....( )......( ).....
    .=O...........O=.
    'Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog'

Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My legs are still sore to the touch and I trained them on Monday.
    5'8'' 207 13 percent bodyfat
    225x26 bench
    11.01 100 meter dash
    90 lb db shoulder presses(x2)
    powerclean 265
    squat and dead maxes to come

17.5'' arms
    47.4'' chest

StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hulk06
    My legs are still sore to the touch and I trained them on Monday.
    Ditto, and tried to walk in sandals today... that didnt work out very good either when I cant walk right lol

Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fyradiem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sixty8IOweUOne
    I guess his gym doesnt have a squat rack, like mine.
    The first time i done them i felt the same, 3 days after my legs were still sore. Squats are an excellant exercise, they work leg's, lower back, abs and all.
    No pain no gain.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...cle=Quadriceps
    how do squats work abs 0.o

Shittygeneticsomorph BBing_Addict's Avatar
    BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    squats work on your abs isometrically.

OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fyradiem
    ever done 10 sets of squats?
    youll understand.
    what you think keeps your upper body from falling over every time you are on your feet?

The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by xxmakaveli49xx
    it always hurts badly the first time, this is because your body is unaccustumed to the new stresses it has to endure.
    Through time, you will have to work longer on your legs to get sore the next day.

beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beegeener is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol I was just like you the first time I did squats.. but now I can do them without being really sore the next day.. eg: I can still walk

swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by OmniPotentTitan
    next week try barbell squats and do 1-2 more sets, with a 15-20 reps for your last.

then u can tell us how u died

I think my legs would just fall off if i tried to finish squats with a 20 rep set....probably a good idea, though i'd never make it through all 20.
    "vegetarians only eat life forms that can't run, hide, or defend themselves"

I rep back

VoXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First time I did squats, I thought my brother would have to carry me out fromt he weight room..lol.

Yea, squats kill. It's one of the best lifts you can do, even overall for your body. It works several muscle groups, and strengthens your whole skeletal structure.

Abs are what keep your "trunk" up and poised in the right position (and back).

ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fyradiem
    Abs are used as antagonist stabilizers (A muscle that contracts to maintain the tension potential of a biarticulate muscle at the adjacent joint. The antagonist stabilizer may be contracted throughout or at only one extreme of the movement. Also see active insufficiency. - exrx.net).

http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBSquat.html

Originally Posted by swordfish7
    I think my legs would just fall off if i tried to finish squats with a 20 rep set....probably a good idea, though i'd never make it through all 20.
    try it, some people do 50....... its pretty insane.

Is the Alpha & the Omega. Death Strike's Avatar
    Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just 2 things to say

1. enjoy the pain cuz ur body will soon adapt to it and you probably will never feel it again for awhile (assuming your consistent).

2. use as little machine as possiable, i used to use the smith machine to for squats, might be good for beginners but trust me once u do it without the smith machine, you will never go back, using squats on the machine will be like bench pressing on the machine; pointless (unless their is no possiable way you can get a spotter and you have to max out).
    "Adversity breeds strength"
    "Self-Improvement is mental masturbation"
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    Those who are willing and able to separate themselves from the weakness and vulnerability of emotion will rise above those who are bound and victimized by it.

--------------
    "Most shy girls are ugly and most hot girls are whores.
    Your hand will never let you down so why don't you just stick with that"