RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Critique my Routine please!

This is the routine I have just started.
    I am trying to lose weight so do some cardio everyday. What supplements can I take to reduce muscle loss and when? I would assume glutamine?
    I am eating right too finally. I really want to make the right changes and train smart.
    I would greatly appreciate any info.
    Currently am doing 3 pyramid sets with reps starting from 12 to 6. Also I do a warm up set. Do 3 excercises for the following muscle groups.

Day1 - Bi's/Forearms
    Day2 - Legs/Sholders (Suggestions for excercises please.)
    Day3 - Cardio
    Day4 - Back (Suggestions for excercises please.)
    Day5 - Chest/Tri's
    Day6 - Cardio
    Then repeat with day 1.

Would it be better to switch Chest & Back so I have more energy for that?
    Or are Chest and Tri's better fine after a back day.
    Is this a good amount of rest for my muscles?
    I feel as though I am giving enough time for my bi's to rest & grow.

My skill level is intermediate. I have been lifting for a while. I weigh 296lbs.
    Last edited by RYU23; 01-27-2005 at 10:39 AM.

Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why do you do biceps in a seperate workout? And shoulders after legs looks tough.

RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fluff
    Why do you do biceps in a seperate workout? And shoulders after legs looks tough.
    I like hitting my biceps heavy and hard. I don't have the same intensity/energy for bi's after back. I feel it's best to hit in the beginning of the week with plenty of time to rest before back day. I do negatives with proper form. Alternating db curls, preacher curls, hammer curls and finished off with concetration curls. I don't wanna spend 2 hours in the gym.
    So this and forearms can have me in an out in a hour with some cardio done as well.
    When would you recommend hitting shoulders?

I'm also in my cutting phase.

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RYU23
    I am trying to lose weight so do some cardio everyday. What supplements can I take to reduce muscle loss and when? I would assume glutamine?
    I am eating right too finally. I really want to make the right changes and train smart.
    Currently am doing 3 pyramid sets with reps starting from 12 to 6. Also I do a warm up set. Do 3 excercises for the following muscle groups.

Day1 - Bi's/Forearms
    Day3 - Cardio
    Day5 - Chest/Tri's
    Day6 - Cardio
    Then repeat with day 1.

My skill level is intermediate. I have been lifting for a while. I weigh 296lbs.

From my current understanding, Glutamine helps you recover faster, not slow down any catabolic activity. There really aren't any supplements you can take that are specifically meant to minimize catabolism, unless you are into those musclemag drug ads. What you can do is keep a very good diet with an abundance of protein in it. What you can also do is make sure your work with the weights in the gym is more intense then your cardio sessions. If you let your cardio sessions rule your time in the gym, you will lose muscle.

Your split seems okay, if you can keep up going to the gym 6x a week. I use to do shoulders/legs on the same day, it worked fine for me. I also use to do chest/back on the same day, and that also worked well. I try to pair up push/pull muscle groups. It all depends on which routine you feel more comfortable with it, the question of "would chest be better after back day?" really can't be answered. All depends on you.

good luck.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RYU23

Day1 - Bi's/Forearms
    Day3 - Cardio
    Day5 - Chest/Tri's
    Day6 - Cardio
    Then repeat with day 1.

for legs. squats, box squats, goodmornings, sldl, front squats, calf raises, ghr's

shoulders dumbell press, military press, laterals (side,front and rear)

back deadlifts, barbell rows, dumbell rows, chins, pullups, hyperextensions,shrugs

just to name a few. check the sticky at the top has sites with exercises and how to do them

FranzLiszt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FranzLiszt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    one day for leg and shoulders and another for bi's and forearms?????

You shouldn't do that.

Here's my advice:

Day 1 - delts, bi's and forearms
    Day 2 - Legs
    Day 3 - Cardio
    Day 4 - Chest/Tri'ss
    Day 5 - Back
    Day 6 - Cardio
    My photos:

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=108182[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=108190[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148065[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=193536[/url]

Originally Posted by FranzLiszt
    one day for leg and shoulders and another for bi's and forearms?????

You shouldn't do that.

Here's my advice:

Day 1 - delts, bi's and forearms
    Day 2 - Legs
    Day 3 - Cardio
    Day 4 - Chest/Tri'ss
    Day 5 - Back
    Day 6 - Cardio
    Thanx I truly APPRECIATE all the ADVICE guyz!

I will try this and mix it up

Look forward to letting U all know of my progress in the future!