attzys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Fat loss for smaller/shorter females?

Hi guys! So I'm around 5'1" and around 110 lbs. I have a pretty small frame, but I have a lot of excess fat in the usual areas like the thighs, arms, and some above the hip. I started weight lifting recently with a beginner's program, 3 days a week with little cardio but have not been seeing any results. I was 106 lbs before weightlifting and I've gained 4 lbs since then, though I'm not visually any fitter. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not doing enough at the gym, or if I'm not eating correctly. Do you have any suggestions?

Here's what I do at the gym three days a week:
    - 65 lbs Squats (I'm still building weights): 10-12 reps x 4 sets
    - 85 lbs Deadlifts: 5 reps x 1 set
    - 15 lbs Benchpress: 10-12 reps x 4

And my diet changes every day since I'm pretty busy but it kinda goes like this:
    Breakfast: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup oatmeal, some fruit
    Snack: Fruit or Yogurt or both
    Lunch: Deli turkey sandwich with sprouted bread, 3 slices turkey, 1/4th avocado, and lettuce
    Dinner: Sauteed chicken (~3 oz) with broccoli

I'm thinking I'm not eating enough carbs... but I read somewhere that for smaller girls like me, it's better to eat lesser carbs even if weightlifting? It's also really hard to get in enough protein. Just hoping I can get some opinion! Thanks guys!!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by attzys View Post
    Hi guys! So I'm around 5'1" and around 110 lbs. I have a pretty small frame, but I have a lot of excess fat in the usual areas like the thighs, arms, and some above the hip. I started weight lifting recently with a beginner's program, 3 days a week with little cardio but have not been seeing any results. I was 106 lbs before weightlifting and I've gained 4 lbs since then, though I'm not visually any fitter. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not doing enough at the gym, or if I'm not eating correctly. Do you have any suggestions?

Here's what I do at the gym three days a week:
    - 65 lbs Squats (I'm still building weights): 10-12 reps x 4 sets
    - 85 lbs Deadlifts: 5 reps x 1 set
    - 15 lbs Benchpress: 10-12 reps x 4

And my diet changes every day since I'm pretty busy but it kinda goes like this:
    Breakfast: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup oatmeal, some fruit
    Lunch: Deli turkey sandwich with sprouted bread, 3 slices turkey, 1/4th avocado, and lettuce
    Dinner: Sauteed chicken (~3 oz) with broccoli

I'm thinking I'm not eating enough carbs... but I read somewhere that for smaller girls like me, it's better to eat lesser carbs even if weightlifting? It's also really hard to get in enough protein. Just hoping I can get some opinion! Thanks guys!!
    At 5' 1" and 110, you should concentrate on building some muscle, not losing weight.

The sticky thread at the top of this subforum lists a good program and info to figure proper calories and macros.

The menu you list is seriously too low in dietary fat.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    At 5' 1" and 110, you should concentrate on building some muscle, not losing weight.

The sticky thread at the top of this subforum lists a good program and info to figure proper calories and macros.

The menu you list is seriously too low in dietary fat.
    ^^^All this OP. Read, read, read, and read some more. You need to educate yourself.

Short girl checking in, 5 foot tall here. There is no special weight loss or weight gain tricks for us shortys. Get on a good full body routine, eat at a 10% surplus, profit. You carry no muscle mass. You do not want to be a skinny fat girl. You are primed right now for some muscle gain. Do it.
    Last edited by phoenix4444; 06-25-2015 at 06:38 AM.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.