Hector. I am Hector. Loseitripit's Avatar
    Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

personal calories for losing fat.

hey guys.

im currently trying to lose weight and its going ok. but this past week ive moved down to 1900 calories a day. i dont know what i had before as i never counted.

i wiegh about 225 pounds 22-25 percent bodyfat and 6'3 and i hit the gym 5 times a week with a lot of hiit (skip rope). but im finding it hard to stay bel0w 1900 cals.

I'm 16 years old.

tips help suggestions?
    Rest In Paradise Alexander James Williams - Wygdwicfy, you will be missed.

Tmisc Fight Club

uwillbemirinsoonbrah

chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The reason it seems hard to stay below 1900 calories is because you're a 16-year-old growing kid who's 6'3 and weighs 225 pounds. You don't even need to look at any formulas online to figure that out. Read the stickies, find out what your maintenance is (even then, there's no formula out there that accounts for extra caloric expenditures associated with growing as an adolescent) and cut calories from there. Going from "never counting" to a number like 1900 is ridiculous.

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Loseitripit View Post
    hey guys.

im currently trying to lose weight and its going ok. but this past week ive moved down to 1900 calories a day. i dont know what i had before as i never counted.

i wiegh about 225 pounds 22-25 percent bodyfat and 6'3 and i hit the gym 5 times a week with a lot of hiit (skip rope). but im finding it hard to stay bel0w 1900 cals.

I'm 16 years old.

tips help suggestions?
    Mate at 16 I'd be hesitant to suggest much as you're still growing and can't use the same forumlas an old fark like me could use more reliably, and to be honest I think 1900 is too little for you, especially at your height.

If you're that active and hitting the gym 5 times a week, I'd be inclined to say anything below 2000 would be overkill for you, there's a good chance others would suggest even that's too little?

Are you lifting at the gym or is it all cardio you're doing?

Either way bud, good luck with it and don't get too caught up in the intake thing yet, the fact you even follow as closely as you do is positive in terms of trying to understand energy balance and how it relates to weight loss/gain.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

Hector. I am Hector. Loseitripit's Avatar
    Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loseitripit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mattypoole View Post
    Mate at 16 I'd be hesitant to suggest much as you're still growing and can't use the same forumlas an old fark like me could use more reliably, and to be honest I think 1900 is too little for you, especially at your height.

If you're that active and hitting the gym 5 times a week, I'd be inclined to say anything below 2000 would be overkill for you, there's a good chance others would suggest even that's too little?

Are you lifting at the gym or is it all cardio you're doing?

Either way bud, good luck with it and don't get too caught up in the intake thing yet, the fact you even follow as closely as you do is positive in terms of trying to understand energy balance and how it relates to weight loss/gain.
    i lift. i love lifting. but i do cardio about 5 times a week.
    Rest In Paradise Alexander James Williams - Wygdwicfy, you will be missed.

Tmisc Fight Club

uwillbemirinsoonbrah

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Loseitripit View Post
    i lift. i love lifting. but i do cardio about 5 times a week.
    OK then.

Looking at your stats your BMR would conservatively be around 2026 cals, 3140 with your activity @1.55 (TDEE), and even then I'd be hesitant to eat below maintenance whilst you're still growing.

Eitther way, I'm pretty confident in saying 1900 is well below what you should be hitting, maybe try 2500 if you're exptionally worried about body fat and see how you feel (approximate middle ground, it may well still be too little for you even if you want to get lean).
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide