JJ244 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bulking Then Cutting Cycle, 15 y/o Needs Help!

Hey im New to this Site, so here is some info about me
    Name Is Jack
    Height is 5ft 11
    Age 15
    Weight is 149.9lbs
    BMI is 20.9
    BMR is 1799.577
    Maintenance Calories are 2789
    Supplements atm are, ON 100% Whey Protein, ZMA, Multi-Vitamin and come Monday Im going to start Creatine ( Is it Necessary for the loading Phase?)

SO anyway im Looking to bulk up about 10 - 15lbs, By looking at my pictures, Do you reckon I should do that, or do you reckon i should cut first then Bulk,??

If you reckon I should go ahead and Bulk How many More Calories aday do i need,
    IM LOOKING TO DO A CLEAN BULK (what sort of foods should i eat to do that)!
    So hopefully not too much excess fat!

Ive Been Working out and the gym since December but i was doing heavy weights along side HIIT on the treadmill for 20-30mins so i was probably burning off all the muscle i needed to keep!!

Any Help Would BE GREAT!!!!!!!

kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JJ244 View Post
    Name Is Jack
    Height is 5ft 11
    Age 15
    Weight is 149.9lbs
    BMI is 20.9
    BMR is 1799.577
    Supplements atm are, ON 100% Whey Protein, ZMA, Multi-Vitamin and come Monday Im going to start Creatine ( Is it Necessary for the loading Phase?) No, it is not, you also don't need any of that accept they whey and multivitamin

SO anyway im Looking to bulk up about 10 - 15lbs, By looking at my pictures, Do you reckon I should do that, or do you reckon i should cut first then Bulk,??

Definitely bulk first, and bulk for a long time. Unless your competing, or obese there is really no reason for teens to be cutting very often

Eat 500 calories above your maintenance, gaining fat is dependent on calories in vs calories out, not the quality of calories. Just make sure your fitting your macros, and you'll gain a pound a week

Ive Been Working out and the gym since December but i was doing heavy weights along side HIIT on the treadmill for 20-30mins so i was probably burning off all the muscle i needed to keep!!

If your that concerned, don't do cardio, but if you do HIIT, you can just make it up by eating more. Calculate your TDEE with you doing HIIT, and your maintenance may turn out to be more. Add 500 calories to that. Cardio doesn't burn muscle, a consistently poor diet will

bold
    Read this before you make a thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132597403

ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bulk first... 500 calories above BMR... no creatine is not essential... neither are any of the other supplements you take. Eat clean foods, stay away from large amounts of fats or small chain carbohydrates. Drink enough water.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Originally Posted by kapsemajj View Post
    bold
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY i have a few questons tho. what is my macro and is TDEE

zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Macros (macronutrients) are fats carbs and proteins

Originally Posted by ninja1992 View Post
    Bulk first... 500 calories above BMR... no creatine is not essential... neither are any of the other supplements you take. Eat clean foods, stay away from large amounts of fats or small chain carbohydrates. Drink enough water.
    Ahh ok cheers mate, by looking at my body from the pics would you say i look fat??

kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10) kapsemajj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY i have a few questons tho. what is my macro and is TDEE
    Fill out this calculator, whatever number you get as your TDEE, add 500 to it, that's how many calories you should get in a day.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html

Macros are things like protein, carbs, fat, vitamins, minerals, and water.
    Mainly concentrate on protein, carbs, fat and water. You should get enough vitamins and minerals for multi's.

Ahh ok cheers mate, by looking at my body from the pics would you say i look fat??
    Your not fat nor lean.
    Just bulk it up for awhile. Your a teen, you should be bulking most the time. If fat seriously becomes a problem for you to the point where you can't take it anymore, then do a light cut.
    There is NO reason for teens to get ripped or shredded unless they compete. I can understand doing a light cut to lean out a little bit, but that's about it.

Ok so my TDEE came out at 2789 so that plus 500 comes out at 3289!
    HOW THE F can i get that many calories in a day considering i go to school lol :/

what would be a good breakfast

Originally Posted by kapsemajj View Post
    Your not fat nor lean.
    Just bulk it up for awhile. Your a teen, you should be bulking most the time. If fat seriously becomes a problem for you to the point where you can't take it anymore, then do a light cut.
    There is NO reason for teens to get ripped or shredded unless they compete. I can understand doing a light cut to lean out a little bit, but that's about it.
    Right ok thanks, whats a light cut and when should i do that, like august from now??

Registered User longislandeagle's Avatar
    longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zwdog922 View Post
    Macros (macronutrients) are fats carbs and proteins
    and alcohol....
    Nassau County Certified Lifeguard

Current 5 rep:
    Bench: 230 lbs
    Squat: 325 lbs
    Dead Lift (Raw): 435 lbs
    Military Press: 160 lbs

One Set of Pull Ups Record: 30

"Remember:

the best way to build muscle, is to eat it."
    -.Excalibur

Registered User longislandeagle's Avatar
    longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) longislandeagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HOW THE F can i get that many calories in a day considering i go to school lol :/

oats with milk and a side of eggs w/ veggies
    Nassau County Certified Lifeguard

Current 5 rep:
    Bench: 230 lbs
    Squat: 325 lbs
    Dead Lift (Raw): 435 lbs
    Military Press: 160 lbs

One Set of Pull Ups Record: 30

"Remember:

the best way to build muscle, is to eat it."
    -.Excalibur

First competition in Sep! Chrodar's Avatar
    Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Name Is Jack
    Height is 5ft 11
    Age 15
    Weight is 149.9lbs
    BMI is 20.9
    BMR is 1799.577
    Supplements atm are, ON 100% Whey Protein, ZMA, Multi-Vitamin and come Monday Im going to start Creatine ( Is it Necessary for the loading Phase?)

creatine load is necessary to saturate your muscle and creatine pool full of creatine. take 20grams for 5 days and then 5 grams a day for maintence.

you should just bulk until you get to the weight thats your goal. continue tracking your macros and calories, im assuming your eating at maintence. and start adding 100-200 calories a day until you get to a point where your gaining good with not too much fat. id say you need maybe 3500 atleast.

How do i kno how many Proteins, Carbs and fats i need a day???

Right ok thanks, whats a light cut and when should i do that, like august from now??
    Never set a time limit for your goals. That just limits your progress. A light cut is just what it says. You cut up a little, nothing much to get shredded, but to keep you from becoming too fat.
    When you absolutely cannot stand having fat on you, a light cut would be ideal.
    Don't set a time to do it, just whenever you feel so fat, and cannot stand having the fat on you...

10 eggs = 700 calories
    1 cup whole milk = 150 calories
    850 calorie breakfast right there

Originally Posted by longislandeagle View Post
    oats with milk and a side of eggs w/ veggies
    IMO, when your bulking and taking a multi, I think you should almost stay away from veggies. They fill you up so much and have very little calories in them. Multi should take care of your vitamins, and mineral needs.

Originally Posted by Chrodar View Post
    creatine load is necessary to saturate your muscle and creatine pool full of creatine. take 20grams for 5 days and then 5 grams a day for maintence.

No, loading is not necessary at all. Your just running through the tub quicker. You can load if you want, it won't make a noticeable difference. Creatine in general doesn't do much

you should just bulk until you get to the weight thats your goal. continue tracking your macros and calories, im assuming your eating at maintence. and start adding 100-200 calories a day until you get to a point where your gaining good with not too much fat. id say you need maybe 3500 atleast.

How do i kno how many Proteins, Carbs and fats i need a day???
    I hate bottle feeding people, but I have absolutely nothing better to do.

I'd aim for BWx1.5 = g of protein per day
    Carbs and fats are kind of up to you. There is no true way to cfigure out exactly how much of each is necessary when bulking.

My ratios are usually:

30/50/20
    protein/carbs/fat

LOL sorry for bothering you haha, you have been a great help, GOD bless you my friend

ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    don't worry, you don't look fat... and you have not much muscle (just starting out), so you should be bulking... plus these years are probably going to be your easiest bulking years ever, so make the most out of them... over 3000 calories isnt too hard if you eat properly, by avoiding sugars alcohol smoking... you can use complex carbs like pasta and brown rice to form the base of your diet... then the calories come easy! (too easy for me!)

e.g.

Morning: 2 Fried/Boiled eggs, 2 Brown Toast With 500ml milk

Snack: Milkshake!

Lunch: Boiled Potatoes (or something calorific from school) and something high in protein and milk

Snack: Protein Bar

Meal 3 :P: Boiled Potatoes/Pasta and vegetables/fruit and something high in protein and milk

Snack: Milkshake!

Supper: Anything you like, high in protein!

Snack: Milk!

something really simple like that should be plentiful... and a lot cheaper than the supplements! and more natural

zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zwdog922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by longislandeagle View Post
    and alcohol....
    Alcohol is a carb (sugar alcohols)

Thank you VERY much, i will do just so, what about taking a protein shake to school??
    and i fear that i will get pimples if i drink to many milkshakes

First competition in Sep! Chrodar's Avatar
    Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrodar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when im bulking i like to do,
    2x bodyweight for protein
    1.5x protein = carbs
    fat = 20% of total

rough example
    for someone who weighs 150lbs
    300 pro
    450 carbs
    85 fat

Thank you VERY much, i will do just so, what about taking a protein shake to school??
    and i fear that i will get pimples if i drink to many milkshakes
    great idea.. sometimes in skl, things pop up and a shake is a great snack... but not a meal replacement.. if u miss a meal.. make up for it, but try not to join 2 meals together (coz theres only so much of a healthy thing your body can absorb at once)

and about the pimples.... MAN up! :P (srs)

Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rczapla67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Diet has no effect on acne bro. Don't worry
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.. -Marianne Williamson

I rep back!

- - 1 R M - -
    Bench Press - 200
    Dead Lift - 295
    Squat - 305
    SOHP - 180

IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Name Is Jack
    Height is 5ft 11
    Age 15
    Weight is 149.9lbs
    BMI is 20.9
    BMR is 1799.577

For a clean bulk start with maybe 2400-2500 Calories a day, if you need to adjust, then adjust, make sure you're not gaining wait too fast. You could possibly cut but if there's no muscle to cut to just go for a bulk i'd say...and Creatine? use it, Do the loading phase, 25 grams a day for 5 days then just do 5 grams a day for maintnence.

Since you're only 15 you should put on muscle and make some good gains quickly, just lift hard and heavy frequently, get a routine if you can!
    Bench goal 205/225

I rep back very fast :)

" Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret. "

chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris725 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Pink underwear/10

Pink underwear/10[/QUOTE]

LOL i was showing my man hood