Eissy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Replacements for these Exercises

Hey there,

As a new years resolution, I've decided to hit the gym hard in the new year, and with some help of a mate, i've been given a weekly training regime to go by, was wondering if you could give me some advice as my gym isn't big in size and lacks some of the equipment needed, so here goes;

Snatch Grip Deadlifts
    Romanian Deadlift
    Single Arm Cable Lateral Raise
    Seated Press Behind Neck
    Lying Triceps Extension with EZ-Bar
    Seated Pulley Row
    Bench Press
    Straight Bar Preacher Curl
    Cable Fly
    Reverse EZ-Bar Concentration Curl
    Barbell Squats
    Leg Extension
    Leg Press
    Seated Calf Raise

Those exercises are included in my weekly regime, but as the gym I can go to is more of a gym suite, it lacks quite a bit of equipment - No bench press, no bars, and some of the weight machines aint there either, so what can I do to replace those exercises but still be able to hit the muscle spot?

Also, what kind of supplements should I be using as well as my healthy diet to get maximum effects?

Thanks alot, Eis

mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Eissy View Post
    Hey there,

As a new years resolution, I've decided to hit the gym hard in the new year, and with some help of a mate, i've been given a weekly training regime to go by, was wondering if you could give me some advice as my gym isn't big in size and lacks some of the equipment needed, so here goes;

Snatch Grip Deadlifts
    Romanian Deadlift
    Single Arm Cable Lateral Raise
    Seated Press Behind Neck
    Lying Triceps Extension with EZ-Bar
    Seated Pulley Row
    Bench Press
    Straight Bar Preacher Curl
    Cable Fly
    Reverse EZ-Bar Concentration Curl
    Barbell Squats
    Leg Extension
    Leg Press
    Seated Calf Raise

Those exercises are included in my weekly regime, but as the gym I can go to is more of a gym suite, it lacks quite a bit of equipment - No bench press, no bars, and some of the weight machines aint there either, so what can I do to replace those exercises but still be able to hit the muscle spot?

Also, what kind of supplements should I be using as well as my healthy diet to get maximum effects?

Thanks alot, Eis
    No bench? No bars? You are not in a gym buddy...you are in a cardio room with some dumb bells it sounds like.

A lot of those require the equipment necessary to do them. Dead lifts? You need a bar. Romanian deads can be done with DBs, I have done it before. Cable laterals can be done with a db. Lying tri press, eh...can be done with a db...oh come on man, everything in there is going to be extremely difficult to do without the equipment. Are you serious about weight training? Get a gym membership man.

This is like saying you need a replacement to an airliner but there isnt an airport around you.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep
    http://infinitelabsstore.com/

♦♦ I Am Juggernaut Challenge ♦♦ Win a Trip to the 2011 Mr. Olympia!!!
    www.iamjuggernaut.com
    http://iamjuggernaut.com/rules.pdf

Group Juggernaut!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=30172

Visit Infinite Labs on ********:
    http://www.********.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

ROM and MMC are more important than EGO
    400Lb Gorilla

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're not in a gym, you're in a fitness center. A gym has barbells and squat racks. Go find yourself a proper workout facility since in your current one you can't really do anything.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm assuming from the post that you are newish to lifting, so I will make two suggestions.

First and foremost, follow above posters advice and find a different gym, one with a plethora of benches, barbells, power racks, dumbbells, cable machines, etc. If you are serious about your new years resolution, you have to do this.

Second, as you're starting out I recommend you cut down on the number of different exercises. ie use only one curl variation, only one deadlift variation, etc. This will make it much easier for you to learn the lifts and to track progression on them.
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153427731&page=1

FMH Crew Brit in Training

NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiMa7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You definitely need to find a real gym

Originally Posted by NDiMa7 View Post
    You definitely need to find a real gym
    Yeah, it's basically impossible at the moment seeing as i'm living out in the sticks and the nearest gym is near enough 35 miles away, and just not possible to get there and back after work :/

Surely there are still some exercises that will at least do the same group of muscles for my workout?

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would suggest to design a workout for the equipment you do have available, instead of making this workout try to fit your gym.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I would suggest to design a workout for the equipment you do have available, instead of making this workout try to fit your gym.
    This one here.

Originally Posted by Ka0s View Post
    This one here.
    This was my initial question though, what can I do instead of the ones that I have mentioned?

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This was my initial question though, what can I do instead of the ones that I have mentioned?
    What they meant was to start over.

First, look at what you do have.

Then pick a program that allows you to utilize that equipment, rather than trying to "replace" exercises from a program that wants you to use things you don't have access to.
    -

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What equipment do you have? DBs?

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll outline what muscles are the focus of the exercises you listed. You can peruse your gym and equipment to figure out what can replace them.

Snatch Grip Deadlifts Similar to a deficit dead, puts more emphasis to hips, hams/glutes, still focus on back
    Romanian Deadlift primary focus: hams/glutes, secondary: back
    Single Arm Cable Lateral Raise Lateral deltoids
    Seated Press Behind Neck Primary: anterior delts secondary: triceps, lateral delts
    Lying Triceps Extension with EZ-Bar triceps
    Seated Pulley Row mid back / lats
    Bench Press P: chest S: triceps, anterior delts
    Straight Bar Preacher Curl Biceps
    Cable Fly Chest
    Reverse EZ-Bar Concentration Curl brachialis and forearms
    Barbell Squats Legs
    Leg Extension Quads
    Leg Press Primary: Quads Secondary: Glutes and hams
    Seated Calf Raise Calves
    If you have dumbbells, you can do most of those. If you have machines, find ones that work the same muscles.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I'll outline what muscles are the focus of the exercises you listed. You can peruse your gym and equipment to figure out what can replace them.

If you have dumbbells, you can do most of those. If you have machines, find ones that work the same muscles.
    Cheers mate, helps alot, will have a look now and see what I can come up with and post it back on here to see what you guys think

EDIT: Also, what supplements should I be using on this kind of routine?