jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Progress Check: The Curse of the Plateau

Hi BB.com. I'm going to try to make this post as painfully detailed as possible in hopes of getting some quality replies. I've recently found myself hitting another plateau -- and, like usual, I turn to BB.com for continued motivation (or nasty criticism... same thing).

I'll start off with some statistics.

Weight: 170 (just recently started taking creatine, though... ~five lbs of this is water weight)
    Height: 5'8"

Bench Max: 245lbs
    Squat Max: Haven't actually attempted this in a very long time, but can hit 3x6 @ 225lbs... squat is pretty weak. Not sure what this translates into a max, because I haven't attempted in months and months.
    Deadlift Max: Similar to above... I'm going to ballpark 325lbs. Also pretty weak.

I've attached a few photos to give you an idea of what I look like. I tried taking these in a few different positions, but I don't have very much experience posing (as you can all probably tell). Would also like to apologize for my paleness. :P

Unlike my brother, who competes in male physique competitions, I lift solely for recreational/personal reasons. I spent a very short amount of time dieting like him (weighing everything out... etc.) but have decided to stop. Currently my diet is pretty stable but by no means do I portion things out by weight or calories or macros anymore. I eat when I'm hungry. I make consciously healthy decisions about what I eat and when I eat it, but no longer track my calories. I'm a current full-time University student, and topped with living with my parents this summer vacation (and relying on them for groceries), I really don't have the resources to portion everything out to optimize daily macro content. So I make do.

A typical day USUALLY looks something like this:

Breakfast: 5 eggs (would like to sub some of this with egg whites, but do not always have that at my disposal), 1/2 an avocado on good seed bread, cup of coffee.

Snack/pre-workout meal: good seed bread, tablespoon of peanut butter, banana

Post-workout: 2 scoops of ON whey protein powder, 8 ounces of almond milk

Lunch: USUALLY a simple sandwich with lots of lean cut turkey, hot sauce, 1/2 avocado, bread
    Alternatively, I have a spinach salad with turkey/chicken thrown in.

Usually have a smoothie of frozen berries, superfood powder, and almond milk with this. Sometimes throw in more spinach into this smoothie.

Snack (not always) bowl of cereal

Dinner: 2 skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup of vegetables.

Snack: 2 scoops of ON whey protein powder

This is a USUALLY a typical day, but it definitely changes quite a bit sometimes. This puts me somewhere around 2600 calories, 65g fat, 200g protein, 300g carbs. That's an estimate. I should probably double check to see if this is still the case, though those are the numbers I started my summer diet out on.

My goals with lifting - and to each their own - is to look good. That's really it. I'd like to add some mass but am pretty content with my current body fat (see pictures).

I guess what I'm looking for in this thread is any tidbits of diet advice you may have to optimize my gains as much as possible. Am I making any newbie mistakes? I'm a bit discouraged by this plateau and would like to see some mass but haven't been for awhile. I realize this takes incredible patience, but feedback/advice/encouragement/criticism would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images
    Personal Blog -- littletontwinsfitness.com

BB.com Online Workout Journal -- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168555843

Bench Press 1RM: 255lbs
    Deadlift: 5 reps @ 315lbs
    Squat 1RM: 275lbs

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It really is simple... if you want to gain more weight/mass eat more!