valentinvp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5x5 - is it for me, knee injury issue

So after focusing myself on loosing a bit of fat, and getting into shape, i decided it is time for me to change the program.

I have packed on a bit of mass, lost a lot of fat, and my lifts have increased (some of them not tho, or even went lower). I'm convinced that has to do with the diet, but i'm happy with myself, as soon as im pushing to the max.

I wanna do calorie cycling, with low/high calorie and carbs days, in order to get to get rid of the rest of the fat too, and build muscle/mass at the same time.

I did reasearch the net, and confronted 5x5 Stronglifts (for the nth time). Do you guys think, it is suitable, and is it going to be as effective, as it is told to be, on someone who has ~9 months experience (not that is a lot or something, just curious).

And more more queiston - how can i get rid of the squats and what other excersise can i use insted of squats, as i have serious knee injury (connections + meniskus, they got operated ~+/-5 years ago, but don't want to go through that hell again). I'm doing every other excersise for the legs, leg press nd the 45 press, where you are standing on your feet. I mean extensions etc, but not those, including a lot of tension on the knees.

My stats are:
    My 6-feet, 200 lbs body, is a proud shell of 22 years old male.

Thanks!

mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mosad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go for sl 5x5 start so light with just a barbell , focus on form and technique.
    Start progress slowely while listening to your body especially your knees and see where you can go from here!

odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinseye84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How is the knee now? I agree with mosad, empty barbell and work on form, to perfection. Hyaluronic acid has worked wonders for me knee, along with weight loss and proper form.

Did the doctor say don't do leg exercises ever again?

valentinvp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, extensions weren't discussed back at that time - who would suggest a fat f*ck like that, will use his legs for something else besides walking. I can do deep squats, just with not many kgs (~90 plbs), however, i can load 280-300 pounds for at least 8 reps on the 45 leg press. I'm saying it, because im not sure if squats are going to be effective, if they are more or less targeting the same muscle group, maybe i wont develop it all. I can do 5 reps with 130 lbs, and that's my best. If i try more repetitions than that, or i put more weight, i come to i point where i feel that knee kinda strange. Also i struggle if i do the squat too deep, 90 degrees angle helps me feel better.

tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tulenkot has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Squats are the core exercise of Stronglifts so if you don't want to squat you should look elsewhere. However, as others have said, start with the empty bar and go from there with proper form. You may find that your knees will strengthen or at least that's what Stronglifts folklore says. I used to think I had bad knees and now squat over 300lbs for working sets. Believe it or not, I was actually shot in left knee and I deep squat 3 times a week.

IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Brb tore my meniscus april of 2013..
    Brb was squatting 3 months later.
    Raw
    405 bench
    405 squat
    500 dead
    brb 2 years 10 months working out
    brb didn't squat first two years
    tore meniscus while squatting crew
    no belt crew