Thread: Deload Program

ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deload Program

Hey, I'm looking for an easy deload program that I can run for 4 days a week. My current program is this, and I need a one-week break from it because I'm starting to feel like **** all the time, especially around food.

Mon - Legs: 5x3 Squats, 5x12 Leg Press, 4x12 Drop-Set Leg Extentions, 4x12 Hamstring Curls
    Tuesday - Chest: 5x5 Bench Press, 4x12 Incline, 4x12 Decline, 4x15 Cable Flys
    Wednesday - Back: 4x12 T-Bar Rows, 4x12 Single-Handed T-Bar Rows, 4x12 Drop-Set Seated Rows, 4x12 Lat Pulldowns, 4x15 Hi-Rows
    Thursday - Rest Day!
    Friday - Heavy Day: 5x3 Sumo Deadlifts, 1x5 Bench Press
    Saturday - Arm Day: 1x5 Barbell Curl, 4x12 Drop-Set Barbell Curl, 4x12 Drop-Set Tricep Pushdown, 4x12 Seated Curl, 3x12 Tricep Overhead Press, 3x12 Concentration Curl, 4x12 Cable One Arm Tricep Extension
    Sunday - Shoulders n' Core - 4x20 Lateral Raises, 4x20 Front Raises, 3x12 Cable Raises, 3x8 Military Press (Neutral Grip), 4x12 Cable Rear Delt Fly, for core I just basically do some weighted crunches, plank holds, and cable crunches as well as leg raises. I don't do core every week.

The 4-day program should have some bench, squats, and deadlifts, as well as a little resistance training.

Thanks!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Two types of deload - volume deload is where you cut the total volume down to resensitise your body to volume because you are overreaching from the amount you need to do to make progress. Keep lifts heavy but just do less sets.

The other type is where you need a break from heavy and muscle damaging training because your joints are getting sore. For this I would switch to any routine where you do a lot of high rep pump stuff. You could throw in myo reps or occlusion training just for fun. You may as well use different lifts because you aren't going to be able to preserve your neural edge and the variation will do you good.

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Two types of deload - volume deload is where you cut the total volume down to resensitise your body to volume because you are overreaching from the amount you need to do to make progress. Keep lifts heavy but just do less sets.

The other type is where you need a break from heavy and muscle damaging training because your joints are getting sore. For this I would switch to any routine where you do a lot of high rep pump stuff. You could throw in myo reps or occlusion training just for fun. You may as well use different lifts because you aren't going to be able to preserve your neural edge and the variation will do you good.
    +1.
    Fluid's happy-sunshine-bright-feeling-for-you Fierce5 log -- now with REAL cheese!
    https://tinyurl.com/fluidzF5

ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImTrynaLift is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

Alright, how do I know if I need to deload? Will my lifts begin to slow down?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ImTrynaLift View Post
    Ideally you want this programmed in before you reach that point.

If you don't have pretty good experience of when you might need to deload I'd suggest running a program that includes a deload protocol already
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ImTrynaLift View Post
    when your joints are getting sore, you're not recovering properly and lifts in which you are normally able to push rather cleanly become sluggish. You'll know when you need a deload.

Pretty much when you're not progressing, feeling tired and the body feels run down.