callumr7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny Fat. Cut or Bulk? Please help!

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should cut or bulk.

So here's where I'm at so far. Since secondary school I've always been fat and over a year ago I got up to the point of being 16.5 stone (232 lbs). [first image] I scared myself into thinking I was that fat I was going to have medical problems, so I decided to eat completely clean and healthy. I ate healthy food up to point of being 12 stone (168 lbs). I managed to fit into Size 30 jeans and be able to wear Medium t-shirts. Although I looked good in clothes, I still had a belly, but not much fat anywhere else. [second image].

Without knowing much about fitness I decided to start weight training and 2 months later I still looked exactly the same. I didn't get much stronger (other than neural strength gains) and I didn't lose any more fat. So instead of weight training I decided to lower my calories and do HIIT training. I've been cutting up to the point of losing an extra stone (14 lbs) and now I weigh 11 stone (154 lbs). [third picture]

I'm 6 foot tall and I feel that at my height I don't weigh very much, but for some reason when I compare myself to when I was 12 stone I feel like I don't look much different. I have no idea where the 14 lbs have gone.

So now I'm at a standstill. Each day I've been eating 1750 calories and doing 15 minute HIIT sessions 4 times a week. I lose about a pound of fat a week this way. I feel that even though I've lost so much weight I don't know why I still have a belly, even though I have very little fat in my chest.
    Because of my low calories I only eat 2 meals a day, skipping breakfast. (two 700 calorie meals + healthy snacks, such as fruit). This is making me quite tired and I clock watch waiting for my next meal.

So my problem is this. On one hand I want to bulk so I can stop eating low calorie and have more energy, but I don't want to gain too much fat that I grow out my clothes, or have to cut for an extremely long time after I finish bulking. On the other hand I've read that cutting to 10% fat first and then bulking is the best strategy due to extra testosterone and lower estrogen, which helps when trying to bulk.

So what do you guys think? Any help will do.

Thanks,
    - Callum
    Attached Images

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly, you need muscle. Lean bulk and see what happens. I'm almost wondering if you have some loose skin and that is making your midsection look worse than it should

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is a good lesson for beginners who think they can just diet their way to the six pack, and decent beach body they want without ever having really lifted seriously. Eventually it gets to a point that you are just cannibalizing yourself with insufficient returns

codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ya, I'd bulk at 2-3 lbs per month for a year or so and then see where you end up. Good luck and report back.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Arizona Cardinals | Toronto Blue Jays | Winnipeg Jets

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Diamhea View Post
    This is a good lesson for beginners who think they can just diet their way to the six pack, and decent beach body they want without ever having really lifted seriously. Eventually it gets to a point that you are just cannibalizing yourself with insufficient returns
    This x100. The reason your appearance is largely unchanged from 12 to 11 stone is because you lack any base of muscle so any weight you do loose will just make you appear a smaller version of your current self. This is def the time to slowly reverse out of your cut and begin adding some meat on you. With that being said, congrats on the weight loss you have def worked hard to get to this point and will look amazing once you fill out and get some muscle
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.