jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Flavoring Homemade Pre Workout Drink

So I make my own pre workout drink, currently it consists of:

Cheap Supplements Arginine 5g
    Cheap Supplements Beta Alanine 2g
    Cheap Supplements BCAA 2.5g

Then 8 weeks on & 4 weeks off I add Cheap Supplements Creatine 5g

I normally mix it all with half a Blue No Carb Rockstar Energy Drink.

I have gotten great results with this, but I'm curious if anyone has any other suggestions on a flavored mixer that is low carb/low cal (preferably cheaper than the Rockstar). It doesn't have to be an energy drink. Ideally, I'm looking for a flavored powder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

"Carpe Diem"

"I Die To Win, Cause I Was Born To Lose"

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Go to walmart and go to the juice section. You will find tons of powders like gatorade or kool aid and many other flavored powders.

Also I would consider dropping arginine from your blend 5 grams wont really do anything

sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    inb4 don't need to cycle creatine
    Eat. Lift. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Will power, do you have it?

Current Stats:
    Bench: 315 x 1 (2/16/12)
    Dead: 385 x 1 (12/?/11)
    Squat: 245 x 5 (1/?/11) NEED TO BUMP UP

Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgilles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Koolaid. Especially of you can find the tablets that you can drop in and they fizz lulz

DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sliq3g View Post
    inb4 don't need to cycle creatine
    You don't need to cycle creatine, you need to load it.

jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerz_llano is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PaintPir View Post
    Go to walmart and go to the juice section. You will find tons of powders like gatorade or kool aid and many other flavored powders.

Also I would consider dropping arginine from your blend 5 grams wont really do anything
    I technically get 15g of arginine a day (5g in the morn, 5g before & after workout). Ive had great results using it. The pure stuff just taste like ****! lol

The only problem I see with Gatorade, etc. is its FULL of sugars! Was thinking maybe Crystal Lite maybe to avoid the sugar...

"Carpe Diem"

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jerz_llano View Post
    I technically get 15g of arginine a day (5g in the morn, 5g before & after workout). Ive had great results using it. The pure stuff just taste like ****! lol

The only problem I see with Gatorade, etc. is its FULL of sugars! Was thinking maybe Crystal Lite maybe to avoid the sugar...
    You wont be using that much to flavor it so the sugar wont be that big of a deal, there are plenty of low sugar or sugar free powders available.

Studies show an effective dose of creatine is around 30 grams and thats through and IV.

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Arginine = useless
    Creatine = no need to load at all, no need to cycle (but could as per personal preference).
    PROCCOR

ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For Taste -

Gatorade Propel Zero Mix
    Crystal Lite
    New product called MIO - concentrated sugar free liquid drink mix
    Sugar free jello powder

Originally Posted by DBee View Post
    You don't need to cycle creatine, you need to load it.
    I've done a lot of research in regards to cycling & loading Creatine. Most research I've came across says its not necessary to "load". I have tried loading in the past & never noticed a difference, however when I just cycle it I can def notice a change

"Carpe Diem"

WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WildBill0771 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^ Came in to post Mio.

Comes in a little squeeze bottle and you just squeeze out how much flavor you want. Comes in 8 flavors I believe and you can get it at your local big chain grocery store.
    "You have to be able to save your own life. Nobody is going to save it for you. So we have to do, what we have to do. No matter what it is"
    - Kai Greene

For anyone who has any questions about my weight loss and my abdominoplasty surgery:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134442601

Supplepalooza: Training Log/Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=714621671#post714621671

I've lost 140lbs. Come at me, bro.

Originally Posted by Murderfox View Post
    Arginine = useless
    Creatine = no need to load at all, no need to cycle (but could as per personal preference).
    Why do you say Arginine is useless? Every prework drink I've seen has Arginine in it. I'm gonna add Citrulline Malate to it as well soon just low on funds right now...

"Carpe Diem"

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Live Long makes flavoring.

Your use of "cycling creatine" means you actually only reap the benefits of 4 weeks of creatine.

Since it would probably take 4 weeks or so @ 5 grams daily to saturate, you then only use it for 4 more weeks before not using it anymore.

You are basically wasting 4 weeks of creatine each time you "cycle it"
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Originally Posted by WildBill0771 View Post
    ^^^ Came in to post Mio.

Comes in a little squeeze bottle and you just squeeze out how much flavor you want. Comes in 8 flavors I believe and you can get it at your local big chain grocery store.
    yeah i've seen the commercials, might look into it

"Carpe Diem"

Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    Live Long makes flavoring.

Your use of "cycling creatine" means you actually only reap the benefits of 4 weeks of creatine.

Since it would probably take 4 weeks or so @ 5 grams daily to saturate, you then only use it for 4 more weeks before not using it anymore.

You are basically wasting 4 weeks of creatine each time you "cycle it"
    I use 10g a day 5 before and 5 after. I'm trying to figure out a flavoring system more than anything. I'll look into "Live Long" Thanks

"Carpe Diem"

I use 10g a day 5 before and 5 after. I'm trying to figure out a flavoring system more than anything. I'll look into "Live Long" Thanks
    10 grams of creatine is overkill you only need 5 grams a day.

Arginine has been shown in studies to be useless you can save some cash by dropping it out of your stack

DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I've done a lot of research in regards to cycling & loading Creatine. Most research I've came across says its not necessary to "load". I have tried loading in the past & never noticed a difference, however when I just cycle it I can def notice a change
    I was joking!

Originally Posted by PaintPir View Post
    10 grams of creatine is overkill you only need 5 grams a day.

Arginine has been shown in studies to be useless you can save some cash by dropping it out of your stack
    I'll try dropping it for a few weeks and see if I see any difference...What do you think of adding 2g Citrulline Malate before WO?

"Carpe Diem"

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll try dropping it for a few weeks and see if I see any difference...What do you think of adding 2g Citrulline Malate before WO?

bump that up to 4-6 grams
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah i've seen the commercials, might look into it
    Mio IMO has an extremely artificial taste, but I'm sure its better than those bulk ingredients would taste alone.

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't care for some of the things you wanna add to it, but you could always buy a strongly flavoured supp like Xtend, and use say 1 scoop to flavour the rest of the stuff.

BartmanLlama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And this is why my job, in the supplement/nutrition industry is so hard. So many meat heads and body builders spreading stupid and false information.

First of all, lets address your stack. Drop the L-Arginine and supplement 6g of Citrulline Malate instead. Not because it is useless, and anyone who says it is clearly knows nothing about this sort of stuff, but because Citrulline malate gets l-arginine into your body more efficiently and faster than if you just took straight L-arginine. Weird huh?

Secondly, creatine does not need to be loaded. Thats a scam created by the industry so you go through a month supply of creatine in 5 days and have to buy more from them.

Thirdly, an effective does of creatine being 30g of creatine? Are you stupid? IF your body could use that much, which it can't, you would have to drink like 4 litres of water during your workout to avoid dying of dehydration. Your body can only hold and use 5 grams of creatine at a time, and your body produces 1-2g of creatine natural depending on health and age. It's only really benifical to supplement 3g of creatine at a time or your wasting your creatine. That being said I'd take creatine before and after your workout because creatine will hydrate your muscles and help them recover faster.

L-arginine is not useless, but it has different effects for different people. L-arginine is a vascular dialater and will open your veins and allow more blood, and in turn, more oxygen to your muscles. However, doses of l-arginine varies from person to person, thus the stupid misconception that it is "useless".

I'd bump beta-alanine up to at least 3g unless you're sensitive to it. It doesn't accomplish much any lower than that. Beta-alanine turns into an acid that your muscles.. Feed off of for lack of a better word. It also trips protein receptors under your skin, thus the tingling or burning sensation. Didn't have to explain any of that, just wanted to lol.

I'd probably double your intake of BCAA's, as they are super important especially since our food, even organic, aren't as nutrient dense as they used to be, so you wont be getting as much from your diet. They're important for and used in most processes in your body, so it's not just being used for your recovery or muscle growth, it's being divided and used for everything.

If you have any questions and don't want to ask a bunch of guys that don't know what they're talking about, you can Email me at BenSuppFacts@hotmail.com
    Last edited by BartmanLlama; 05-14-2017 at 12:46 PM.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BartmanLlama View Post
    And this is why my job, in the supplement/nutrition industry is so hard. So many meat heads and body builders spreading stupid and false information.

First of all, lets address your stack. Drop the L-Arginine and supplement 6g of Citrulline Malate instead. Not because it is useless, and anyone who says it is clearly knows nothing about this sort of stuff, but because Citrulline malate gets l-arginine into your body more efficiently and faster than if you just took straight L-arginine. Weird huh?

Secondly, creatine does not need to be loaded. Thats a scam created by the industry so you go through a month supply of creatine in 5 days and have to buy more from them.

Thirdly, an effective does of creatine being 30g of creatine? Are you stupid? IF your body could use that much, which it can't, you would have to drink like 4 litres of water during your workout to avoid dying of dehydration. Your body can only hold and use 5 grams of creatine at a time, and your body produces 1-2g of creatine natural depending on health and age. It's only really benifical to supplement 3g of creatine at a time or your wasting your creatine. That being said I'd take creatine before and after your workout because creatine will hydrate your muscles and help them recover faster.

L-arginine is not useless, but it has different effects for different people. L-arginine is a vascular dialater and will open your veins and allow more blood, and in turn, more oxygen to your muscles. However, doses of l-arginine varies from person to person, thus the stupid misconception that it is "useless".

I'd bump beta-alanine up to at least 3g unless you're sensitive to it. It doesn't accomplish much any lower than that. Beta-alanine turns into an acid that your muscles.. Feed off of for lack of a better word. It also trips protein receptors under your skin, thus the tingling or burning sensation. Didn't have to explain any of that, just wanted to lol.

I'd probably double your intake of BCAA's, as they are super important especially since our food, even organic, aren't as nutrient dense as they used to be, so you wont be getting as much from your diet. They're important for and used in most processes in your body, so it's not just being used for your recovery or muscle growth, it's being divided and used for everything.

If you have any questions and don't want to ask a bunch of guys that don't know what they're talking about, you can Email me at BenSuppFacts@hotmail.com
    You just bumped a 6 year old thread for that Homie? OP probably doesn't even lift anymore.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's like 4 or 5 threads that are several years old that have been bumped.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete