Jubi54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question on pre workout engery enhancers..

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and hope this question hasn't been asked a million times..I've been lifting for several months now, and am currently taking creatine, protein, zma, and andro..trying to bulk up for the next couple of months. I was wondering, if i wanted to use ripped fuel to give me a pre workout boost would that defeat my goal of trying to bulk up? As I understand it ripped fuel/etc. are used in fat burning so I wanted to make sure it wouldn't work against me before taking it. Also, since ZMA naturally increases testosterone should I discontinue using the andro before workouts, or can the two be used effectively together? Thanks for your time..

-- Joe

Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I pop a hydroxycut when Im feeling a little low before a workout...the 1 pill wont effect my bulking up. As for ripped fuel i dunno how "potent" it is compared to hydroxycut...
    peace
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it- Farma
    "Wanna get big? stop lookin and start workin!"- Farma
    "Quality not quanity applies to a lot of things; bodybuilding is one of those things" - Farma
    Psalm 23 "Fear No evil!"
    "The O.S.R has begun, we're taken out anyone in the way!!" - Farma

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    they make products that are designed specifically for what you want. Try some ultimate orange (I think they changed the name and formula) but at any rate it is EC and some good simple carbs with a **** load vitamins and energy enhancers. I tried it and really didn't like it. I'm biased as I don't like the way ECA stacks effect me while working out. It really is good stuff, just a little pricey for what it is.

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In the past i would eat a ton of Vitamin C tablets. That even seemed to work better than high carb drinks.
    educated by blood sweat and my dad beating my a$$ until I got it.

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't see how taking thermogenic "fat-burner" type products before a workout would have any real impact on your mass gains. These products are only really effective as fat-burners when coupled with a diet designed for that purpose too. If you are eating the right amount of calories and protein for bulking, taking some ephedra/caffeine stack product before training would not hurt gains. AST even markets their product of this type for that purpose (Dymetadrine Xtreme). Of course, you must use common sense when dealing with ephedra as it can be dangerous if misused.

I have heard some people say they really like the aforementioned Ultimate Orange. I believe the same company (ISS) also makes a fruit punch flavored version which is supposed to be even better.

I use Thermicore (caffeine/ephedra/green tea stack by MetRx) and take 3 in the am and 2 about 30-60 minutes before my weight training routine each day. I like it because it is time-released so I don't get the rush associated with other products like this but I can definitely feel it.

Lastly, there is no problem with the andro and the ZMA. In fact, some of the recommended PH stacks on BB.com include PH and ZMA. Big Cat has also mentioned in the past that he believes a person could effectively use ZMA year-round.

FOLLOW UP: (I am adding this quote to my post after the fact because I saw Big Cat post it just now and it seems relevant to your ZMA & PH query) -- "Its just that ZMA will not affect your testosterone levels while taking PH. The negative feedback from the PH blocks the HPTA, and disallows the hypothalamus to make GnRH. GnRH stimulates the pituitary to make LH. ZMA promotes natural test by stimulating LH, and since LH can't be made, it will not affect T-levels. You can still take ZMA to keep optimum zinc levels or to sleep better though."

Good luck man, keep it up -- and welcome to the Bodybuilding.com Forums!
    Last edited by William; 12-05-2001 at 07:41 AM.

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the idea is not to effect mass gains but rather some people say it helps them get in the zone, so to speak. I personally find that it makes me dizzy when lifting. To each his own.

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was addressing the original question:

"if i wanted to use ripped fuel to give me a pre workout boost would that defeat my goal of trying to bulk up?"

And I agree with you Manteca...to each his own regarding the use of pre-workout energy enhancers; whether it be some basic form of carb loading, ephedra supplements, or what-have-you.

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would like to know what you are taking for Andro? I noticed I don't have the problem of energy on a cycle... Make sure you are getting enough food. On BC's stack the energy has been through the roof. You should take the ZMA on the last two weeks of your cycle and then after..

Jubi54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks alot for the help guys!! It is really appreciated, I think I'm going to give Ultimate Orange a shot and see how that works out. I'm just a bit apprehensive about using ehepdra cause I've heart it can possibly cause health problems, but I figure as long as I stick to the recommended dosage I should be alright. Little lats -- as for the andro I was going to start that this week, but I think I will hold off and stay on my current stack for another month or two (creatine/zma/ptein) and then go on Big Cat's PH stack since I have heard it gets excellent results. Thanks again for the help everyone!!

Take care -

Joe

ultimate orange contains ephedra, as long as you take ephedra containing products at their labeled dosages you will not do harm to your self, millions and millions of people take it, so let your mind be at ease.

Good choice on the PH decision.

My bad on the comment about Ultimate Orange. The product I was refering to that is made by ISS is "Orange Blast". This is their pre-workout energy drink. It does come in a fruit punch flavor as well and neither contain ephedra.

http://www.issresearch.com/products/p_blast.html

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I haven't taken Ultimate Orange in quite some time now, but I can tell you that I remember having the biggest pumps I've ever had. I was a mad man in the gym when I used that stuff. Although, I gotta warn you, be ready to crash on the couch or your bed when you get home from the gym and the Ultimate Orange wears off.
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz
    "This is a matter of science -- your feelings mean **** all." -Par
    "You are my bitch." - BigCat