Closed Thread
    DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation can I get big and ripped doing only pushups?

I cant go to the gym for now, so the only place I can workout is my room. I'm wondering if I can get big and ripped doing only pushups in my room like prison inmates

Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DoomedToFailure View Post
    I cant go to the gym for now, so the only place I can workout is my room. I'm wondering if I can get big and ripped doing only pushups in my room like prison inmates
    If it were that easy don't you think everybody would be 200 pounds lean by now?

DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoomedToFailure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Malversation View Post
    If it were that easy don't you think everybody would be 200 pounds lean by now?
    then what do I do? eat 500 calories a day until I go auschwitz mode then start lifting in the future? cuz I cant obivously eat at a surplus when I'm sitting in my room playing video games all day. I also need to lose some fat cause I'm 18-20% bf

what do I do?

Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malversation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    then what do I do? eat 500 calories a day until I go auschwitz mode then start lifting in the future? cuz I cant obivously eat at a surplus when I'm sitting in my room playing video games all day. I also need to lose some fat cause I'm 18-20% bf

what do I do?
    No. I recommend a calisthenics routine until you are able to lift. Doing just pushups won't do it.. You could do:

-> Prisoner Squats/Body Weight Squats/Wall Squats/Sissy Squat
    -> (Floor) Glute Ham Raise
    -> Chin Ups
    -> Dips
    -> Pushups
    -> Hyper Extensions

Perhaps.

No. I recommend a calisthenics routine until you are able to lift. Doing just pushups won't do it.. You could do:

-> Prisoner Squats/Body Weight Squats/Wall Squats/Sissy Squat
    -> (Floor) Glute Ham Raise
    -> Chin Ups
    -> Dips
    -> Pushups
    -> Hyper Extensions

Perhaps.
    how do I do dips and chinups in my room?

how do I do dips and chinups in my room?
    Go to a park for chinups. You can use your sink or chairs for dips.

OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000)
    You won't get big and ripped doing only pushups.

However, you can achieve a reasonable level of physical fitness in your room with nothing but burpees and a jumprope.

You should also ask yourself whether "I can't go to the gym" is really, really true or if you're making excuses. I'm not saying you're making excuses, but in my case at least I went like 10 years coming up with various excuses why it wasn't feasible for me to hit the gym (no money! no time! gym too far away!) when in reality I was just prideful and scared.

Go to a park for chinups. You can use your sink or chairs for dips.
    as for diet, focus on high protein foods. no need to count calories or anything, just focus on high protein

correct?

FourLetters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    as for diet, focus on high protein foods. no need to count calories or anything, just focus on high protein

correct?
    Either you are joking or you got to be the dumbest mother ****er I have ever seen.

Originally Posted by FourLetters View Post
    Either you are joking or you got to be the dumbest mother ****er I have ever seen.
    u mad *******?

Registered User FutureMajorLger's Avatar
    FutureMajorLger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I remember my cousin got a ton of muscle on him for doing a **** ton of pushups/situps/crunches, though what I mean by that is he didnt get bigger, he stayed skinny but gained visible muscle if that makes sense.

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FourLetters View Post
    If you have nothing to add, find some other way to occupy your time.

FourLetters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    If you have nothing to add, find some other way to occupy your time.
    My theory is OP is a troll. Each to their own.

Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500) Nyergk is not very helpful. (-500)
    it's possible to do 8 series of elevated pushup and dips twice a week , fractionned in short sets not at failure and short rest.
    calisthenics can works in a 10/40rm range, and with times you can obtain good results (>100kg bench and 40dips at 90kg)
    Calisthenics, Strengh and Cardio !