legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100)

is cardio twice a day bad?

I have a question about whether doing cardio twice a day would be bad.

I'm on a fat loss program and want to preserve muscle.. Before adding any cardio and cutting on 2000 calories (500 deficit from maintainance)
    I was only doing weightlifting 5-6 times a week.

Im training to join the U.S marine corps and I know they do a ton of running/jogging so I'm trying to incorporate some cardio.

And also hoping that I can have more leniance with my diet and eating back the calories I burn from the running.

I'm looking to do my weight training upon waking up 8:30 am, eat my first meal at 12 or 1pm, do 15 mins hit on the treadmill plus somr abs at 2, eat a meal right after, than go for a 30 minute jogg at 8 during my work break. I would do cardio 4-5 times a week

Would this be okay as long as I eat enough to keep my body going?

Jeffcaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by legendarygainz View Post

I'm on a fat loss program and want to preserve muscle.. Before adding any cardio and cutting on 2000 calories (500 deficit from maintainance)

Im training to join the U.S marine corps and I know they do a ton of running/jogging so I'm trying to incorporate some cardio.

And also hoping that I can have more leniance with my diet and eating back the calories I burn from the running.

I'm looking to do my weight training upon waking up 8:30 am, eat my first meal at 12 or 1pm, do 15 mins hit on the treadmill plus somr abs at 2, eat a meal right after, than go for a 30 minute jogg at 8 during my work break. I would do cardio 4-5 times a week

Just my opinion, but I'd probably drop the weight lifting down...5-6 times a week?! You're joining the Marines, not becoming a powerlifter...You're going to need endurance to handle the runs you're going to have to do in the marines. You should already have a list of PT requirements from your recruiter.

A 3 mile run in under 28 minutes if I remember correctly. The faster the better. Focus on that...the "physical" requirements are a lot easier than the run. Pullups, pushups, and crunches. Get those numbers up as high as you can in the time constraints.

Bigger isn't always better in the military.

Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cardio is what you should be focusing on. It's all about running at dawn, marching, and running some more with a 30 lbs backpack strapped behind you while holding your rifle. Skip the weight training. Running and long marches are what will make or break you.

legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100) legendarygainz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks guys, I get its all about endurance in the Marines. I could say I got plenty of endurance. I can jog for 10 miles non stop. So you could say I have some insurance.
    As for the weight lifting I also see it as another way to increase my insurance. I'm not one of those guys that only do weights with no cardio.

I run/ jog just as much or even more than I lift. I'm looking to get slightly bigger and stronger while increasing my stamina and endurance.

But my real question is if it would be too much to throw in those extra 2 a day cardios on top of my weight training routine? And if I add that extra amount of exercise should I eat more?

Are you a former marine? If so what did you're normal day consist of? How much running, pushups, etc? I do focus on cardio. Even though I have gained muscle which is weight, my endurance hasn't drop. I can still jog up a 3 mile mountain twice and last 10 mile jogs on the street. I know that's no where near Marine status

Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I feel bad for you bro, cardio sucks haha

JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent
    People seem to have a difficult time understanding this...it's not the actual cardio which is producing the endurance. The cardio is the stimulus and stressor that is forcing your body to produce a physiological adaptation (stronger muscles and better cardiovascular endurance). Your body can only tolerate so much stress before it needs to recover. and the recovery is what is going to produce the physiological benefit, not the cardio itself. So cardio twice a day would be counter productive-as your body is trying to recover, you are introducing a stress to it again and simply delaying the recovery process.

Think of trying to catch a tan in the sun. In order to catch a tan, you sit in the sun as long as your body can tolerate (stimulus) and get out of the sun so your body can recover for the physiological benefit you are after (tan skin). You wouldn't tan in the morning to the point where you cannot tolerate any more sun, wait a few hours, and go tan again would you? You would burn. That's exactly what you are doing by doing cardio twice daily.

Do a cardio session to the point were your body can't possibly do any more, and then rest and recover. You will see the best results from this. Many people find this strange and that it doesn't make sense because they are so indoctrinated in what the media and magazines say what fitness is. Which is completely wrong.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by legendarygainz View Post

Train for what you want to become. If it's a Marine, you should be following a program to get you in Boot Camp condition. Doing some additional weight training might also be okay as long as it doesn't interfere with your conditioning work.

Either have your Recruiter recommend a program for you or look here:

http://www.military.com/military-fit...-for-boot-camp
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733