kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy (Female) First time cutting and I feel lost - PLEASE help a newbie

I try following people's advice by reading articles and books before asking questions creating threads, but I read different information everywhere and it's frustrating. Some say do one thing and then I read the complete opposite. Yes, I am aware a calorie defecit is what matters the most and macro ratios are bad.

Well, I am insuline sensitive (assuming since I feel sleepy after carbs) and I am still lifting heavy doing Madcow 5x5. I was going to bulk, but want to cut since I am at 25% bodyfat (assuming, can provide pictures if needed)

My calorie intake consists of the following
    protein: 1-1.5g /lb bodyweight
    carbs: rest after p+f intake
    fats: .5-.55 (or 30% cals intake)

Female
    bw: 113 lbs
    bf%: 25% (estimated)
    heigth: 5 ft 0 in

DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DAASTRIVAS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like you're over thinking it.

There are lots of different opinions backed by all sorts of studies, but as you said, calorie deficit is what matters. As long as you keep your protein up (1.5g/lb is probably overkill but IMO won't hurt) and you stay in a deficit, the rest is whatever works best for you.

Some people do better with high carb/low fat, some people are the opposite. Do what works best for your body and if it doesn't get results after a while, try something else. You won't lost 5% body fat overnight regardless of what you do, nor will you gain 5% overnight if you do it wrong - be patient and keep with it.

KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've gone through several cuts. Each time has been a great learning experience, and each time I've achieved progressively better results than the last.

My best advice is to pick a plan that you believe will work well for you, and go with it (Bodybuilding.com has all sorts of cool plans for you to choose from). Don't over complicate it. Look at this as a learning process. Set your goals. Keep detailed notes on what you're eating. Take weekly or bi-weekly progress photos. Track your weight and body fat %. Track your workouts.

Then, when you're finished with your cut (regardless of where you end up), sit down and write a final thoughts. Write down what worked very well for you. Write down what didn't work. Write down where you think you can improve next time. Etc. Then, the next time you go to cut, you'll have a much clearer sense of direction and you can further customize your plan of attack based on what you learned this time.

I hope this helps.

kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DAASTRIVAS View Post
    Sounds like you're over thinking it.

There are lots of different opinions backed by all sorts of studies, but as you said, calorie deficit is what matters. As long as you keep your protein up (1.5g/lb is probably overkill but IMO won't hurt) and you stay in a deficit, the rest is whatever works best for you.

Some people do better with high carb/low fat, some people are the opposite. Do what works best for your body and if it doesn't get results after a while, try something else. You won't lost 5% body fat overnight regardless of what you do, nor will you gain 5% overnight if you do it wrong - be patient and keep with it.

First off, thank you for your time and advice. Yes, I completely understand 1.5g is too much protein, but i keep proteins and fats high since carbs are lower. I still have oats for breakfast and post workout, along with a fruit. But carbs make me sleepy and give me that sluggish feeling. So i figured i'd be better of with proteins and fats. I'll keep it up and stay patient. Thank you again!

Thank you for the advice! Would you recommend the best way to measure body fat? Because even now I do not know where I stand. I assumed 20%, but posted a few pictures and was told I was around 25%.

As for tracking and keeping notes, i'll keep doing that but go more in depth. I will also write down how this high protein/fat will work instead of higher carbs. Thank you. Cheers

KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kydcali View Post
    Thank you for the advice! Would you recommend the best way to measure body fat? Because even now I do not know where I stand. I assumed 20%, but posted a few pictures and was told I was around 25%.

As for tracking and keeping notes, i'll keep doing that but go more in depth. I will also write down how this high protein/fat will work instead of higher carbs. Thank you. Cheers
    There are a variety of different methods. I'm not sure which is the best. Each will give you a slightly different estimate. What I do is pick a method and stick with it. That way, I use the same method of measurement throughout my entire cut, and that allows me to track any true changes in body fat.

I like the skin calipers. They're not the most accurate. But they are cheap. And so long as my measurements continue to go down throughout the cut, that's all I care about.
    Last edited by KBoss302; 06-28-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Originally Posted by KBoss302 View Post
    There are a variety of different methods. I'm not sure which is the best. Each will give you a slightly different estimate. What I do is pick a method and stick with it. That way, I use the same method of measurement throughout my entire cut, and that allows me to track any true changes in body fat.

I like the skin calipers. They're not the most accurate. But they are cheap. And so long as my measurements continue to go down throughout the cut, that's all I care about.

Makes sense. i'll order some skin calipers. Thanks a bunch! Hope uou have a good day