benforthewin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this a good workout program?

I have intense water polo practice M/T/W/Th with probably a lot of games over saturday/sunday

I go to the gym and do weighted machines for everything (Back, Arms, Legs, Quads, etc.). I set all the machines to about 100 lb for now, since I'm just starting.

My diet (this is what I ate today):

Morning: ~9am 100% Whey Protein Shake, and a bowl of cereal

~12pm Protein shake and 2 good beef burgers

~ 3pm - Protein Shake

~ 6pm - Rotisserie chicken with vegetables and salad

~ 10pm before bed or so - Protein shake

Each protein shake is 27g of protein. I'm 5'6 and weigh ~ 140lb. 15 years old.

Will this get me nicely ripped by the end of summer?
    Any further supplements, things I should do?

Thanks so much!

Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by benforthewin View Post
    I have intense water polo practice M/T/W/Th with probably a lot of games over saturday/sunday

I go to the gym and do weighted machines for everything (Back, Arms, Legs, Quads, etc.). I set all the machines to about 100 lb for now, since I'm just starting.

My diet (this is what I ate today):

Morning: ~9am 100% Whey Protein Shake, and a bowl of cereal

~12pm Protein shake and 2 good beef burgers

~ 3pm - Protein Shake

~ 6pm - Rotisserie chicken with vegetables and salad

~ 10pm before bed or so - Protein shake

Each protein shake is 27g of protein. I'm 5'6 and weigh ~ 140lb. 15 years old.

Will this get me nicely ripped by the end of summer?
    Any further supplements, things I should do?

Thanks so much!

I came into this thread expecting to see a list of exercises, reps, sets etc. All I got was a quick list of some body parts focussed on your daily food intake. How do you expect people to critque a workout program without actually providing one ?

That aside, 4 protein shakes a day is overkill, you should focus on eating plenty of good food and following a good novice program like All Pros Beginner Routine.
    It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife ?? Thats not ironic thats just f*cking stupid ! What do you need this knife for ?? To stab the bastard who keeps leaving spoons all over your house ??

Haha, sorry. Meant to include that:

5x20 pull-ups
    5x10 push ups
    5x10 situps

machines:
    3x20 100lb biceps
    3x20 100lb triceps
    3x20 100lb quads
    3x20 100lb weighted situp machine.

Can you critique the diet as well as the routine? Thanks!

UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50)

5x20 pull-ups
    5x10 push ups
    5x10 situps

machines:
    3x20 100lb biceps
    3x20 100lb triceps
    3x20 100lb quads

Any specific reason you're using the machines so much? Are you just trying to target those body parts or do you want a full body workout? Machines isolate the muscles worked. If you did more free weight compound exercises, you'd probably get more bang for your buck.

Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

5x20 pull-ups
    5x10 push ups
    5x10 situps

machines:
    3x20 100lb biceps
    3x20 100lb triceps
    3x20 100lb quads

the routine is sh*t. you're using the same weight for your leg exercises as you are for your biceps, one of the smallest muscles. In saying that 5x 20 pull ups is nothing to be ashamed of.

Look at the stickies, notably All Pro's Beginner Routine.
    It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife ?? Thats not ironic thats just f*cking stupid ! What do you need this knife for ?? To stab the bastard who keeps leaving spoons all over your house ??

Originally Posted by UltimateAeroSSC View Post
    Any specific reason you're using the machines so much? Are you just trying to target those body parts or do you want a full body workout? Machines isolate the muscles worked. If you did more free weight compound exercises, you'd probably get more bang for your buck.
    Reason why, is that at my school, they have a lot of machines in their gym. The gym is free for us, and it's open every day. They have a weight room with like 40 different types of free weights but it's closed during the summer. That's why I was using what I could get.

I'm looking for an all-around workout. I've looked at the Simple Beginner's Routine, but I'm not sure how much weight should be used for each set?
    Last edited by benforthewin; 06-08-2011 at 06:37 PM.