Personal Trainer lilmanthatcould's Avatar
    lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Phone Interview for Personal Training Director Position.... Help Appriciated

Greetings everyone, long time no see

I surfed and posted in this section actively while I was seeking to become a personal trainer 3 years ago and the advice was invaluable. Got NASM certified and started working. About 1.5 years into I started to feel that just Personal Training wasn't for me and I wanted to take on a more leadership role (Didnt like inconsistent pay/hours or "selling") So I was transferred to a different location and promoted to a Lead Personal Trainer at a health club that redeemed around $90,000-$100,000 worth of sessions monthly

I worked as a Lead Personal Trainer for only around 6 months and got very bored as I wasn't planning on taking on clients and wanted to purely be in a management style position. My PTM was actually excited about this as she said she needed more help running the department, but didn't quite give me the responsibilities that she told me I would have. I was essentially a glorified assistant that did scheduling and personally filled shifts.... I got burned out quickly closing at 11pm and opening at 5am the next day, let my NASM certification lasps, and put in my 2 weeks in January and focused my attention at my job at the Hospital.

Anyway I'm looking to get back into the industry (Except with a Salary/decent hours this time) so I sent out some resumes/cover letters and have gotten a few calls back about Personal Training Directors positions. While my previous PTM was excellent at her job and i learned a ton under her I'm hesitant at my own department running skills as I never quite had the opportunity to practice them

If any Gym Owners, Managers, Directors have any advice on what type of questions to except during an interview and what skills I should definitely get solidified would be very helpful

Also personal trainers I'd be happy to take your opinions on what you believe makes a great Personal Training Director
    Last edited by lilmanthatcould; 03-28-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Personal Trainer lilmanthatcould's Avatar
    lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilmanthatcould is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Phone interview is at Noon tomorrow, aka in 14 hours lol

ANY advice is appreciated. I've been doing some research and the actual company is Compel Fitness and they are contracting trainers through a Gold's Gym Location

I've never really heard of a Personal Training Director being contracted through a 3rd party though so if anyone knows anything or has experience let me know