beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50)

EliteFTS Stone Trainer

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...?m=PD&pid=2640

i think this looks awesome, but i wonder if i couldn't just used a loading pin with a collar, or a piece of pipe with a flange?

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    $80 for a pipe? You can make that. Hit the Home Depot.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How about using the end of an olympic bar? All you have to do is unscrew it(assuming you have a cheap one) and go to town with it. I think I'm just going to use my own idea also.
    Also, keep in mind that you have to use bumpers when you do that or it will be too heavy with 45lb plates. You can use smaller plates I guess, but it will be harder to grab and it will be harder on your body.
    Last edited by HardKore79; 01-13-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I'd say those ideas are worth trying before dropping 80 bucks on that thing.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    How about using the end of an olympic bar? All you have to do is unscrew it(assuming you have a cheap one) and go to town with it. I think I'm just going to use my own idea also.
    Also, keep in mind that you have to use bumpers when you do that or it will be too heavy with 45lb plates. You can use smaller plates I guess, but it will be harder to grab and it will be harder on your body.
    I do exactly that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvRLA...e=channel_page

You don't have to use bumper plates but gripping a bumper would definitely be closer to gripping an actual stone. Since the regular plates are smaller, you really have to press them against your chest to keep them from dropping.
    -----------------
    Chris Burke

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by knassbruckles View Post
    I do exactly that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvRLA...e=channel_page

You don't have to use bumper plates but gripping a bumper would definitely be closer to gripping an actual stone. Since the regular plates are smaller, you really have to press them against your chest to keep them from dropping.
    damn, those are some freakin' huge traps.

is that the end of a barbell you are using?
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn those dudes are strong.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10) knassbruckles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    damn, those are some freakin' huge traps.

is that the end of a barbell you are using?
    yah, just unscrew the one bolt holding it on and use a collar (i'd avoid spring collars) and youre set. i bought a couple of 300 lb weight sets then bought a 1000 lb rated bar so I had extra barbells lying around. like i said before tho, its tough gripping normal plates this way as opposed to bumper plates. you can see halfway through that I have to shift the plates so theyre flat against my chest again.

i haven't done this part yet but a DIY platform is pretty simple too: 55 gallon drum with an old tire stacked on top http://www.ontariostrongman.ca/Resou...cle/cd-st6.jpg
    -----------------
    Chris Burke

beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm not getting bumpers. bummer. i'll never be a strongman...

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by beefyron View Post
    i'm not getting bumpers. bummer. i'll never be a strongman...
    How about just finding some rocks?

I live in nyc, bumpers would probably be easier. i tried lifting rats, but you need like, 100 rats.

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I use the end of a olympic bar. I also use the end of a olympic dumbbell for plate raises and grip work. Might as well they dont cost anthing if you already have them.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    my neighbor has a really fat dog, perhaps I could lift that instead
    but it bites, and smells bad I'm sure, nevermind
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    my neighbor has a really fat dog, perhaps I could lift that instead
    but it bites, and smells bad I'm sure, nevermind
    just wash the dog first. dude, it's free!

To tell you the truth, I don't think you're that serious about this.

no, not if i have to get bumpers. and it does seem like i could just use the end of an olympic bar, or try with a loading pin when i get one.