PurpleBlueLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Need Advice ASAP - 1 Year Journey - How Did I Do? Did I Mess Up Bulking?

Hey All,

It's been almost a year since I've been on this journey. Here are some progress photos:

Starting Point (160 lbs):
    i.imgur.com/OnYfGsc.jpg
    i.imgur.com/8POujDH.jpg
    i.imgur.com/hOvygKF.jpg
    i.imgur.com/bHZkQTD.jpg
    i.imgur.com/xrPph8Y.jpg

6 Months In (150 lbs):
    i.imgur.com/EPiBkK8.jpg
    i.imgur.com/0X3PGM2.jpg
    i.imgur.com/YSnui2g.jpg
    i.imgur.com/FMfW6Rt.jpg
    i.imgur.com/y50655U.jpg
    i.imgur.com/ohe31Cy.jpg

1 Year Later, Today at 160 lbs:
    Photos Attached

I've been on the starting strength program for over the past year. I haven't been working on deadlifts because my form wasn't perfect and I had some back pain from it. But I've gotten it down now, and can progress in that lift.

Current Lifts:
    Bench - 165 (Barbell), 80 Lb Each Hand (Dumbell Press)
    Squat - 265
    Bent Over Row - 135
    Deadlift - 195 (Should be going up before summer)

Looking at the photos, I like my physique 6 months in. But I still felt scrawny as ****, so I started eating more. I've started not counting my calories and eating everything in sight (junk or food).

Looking at my photos today makes me feel like I'm almost getting too bulky. I shot these with DIRECT FLASH, so no lighting tricks. But in the attachments there's a photo called "1 Year Lighting" you can check, which was from the gym a week ago.

The plan was to keep eating with no cardio for another month. Then start light cardio and eating less in April 1st to prepare for summer.

1. Should I abandon my starting strength program and go for hypertrophy (higher rep range)? I tired of being ****ing scrawny.
    2. Did I **** up my bulk by getting too bulky?
    3. Do you see any gains from 6 Months progress photos to Today? All my lifts did go up.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by PurpleBlueLion; 03-04-2014 at 08:04 PM.

unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are definitely not too bulky. If anything, I question whether you've eaten enough, considering the program you're on.

Originally Posted by unstrong View Post
    You are definitely not too bulky. If anything, I question whether you've eaten enough, considering the program you're on.
    Thanks , so should I continue bulking up even more?

Bump for more thoughts

Bump

Bump for thoughts

Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes you got bigger in your last 6 months, there is just some fat over it that covers it. It seems to me that you like being lean, so I suggest cutting down a bit till ur happy and start bulking again after that. If you don't care about that, just keep bulking and cut later. Personally I want to be lean myself too year round, so I am aiming for a 8-12% range. (cut down to 10% first and stay within 8-12% after that). Maybe a suggestion for you too?