jkruszynski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Legs workout question for fat loss

New to the forum, but hoping for some helpful feedback.

But I have a question about my work out program. For fat loss, are there any major cons to substituting out the legs weight workout with more cardio?

A little background. I never really weighed myself throughout high school or college, but I've always been a big guy, but have been athletic... I surprise a lot of people.. probably 270+ and gaining since high school. I graduated college about a year and a half ago and was probably around 320. I started my weight loss middle last year, and I'm pretty amazed at my progress, personally. I started out at about 340 lbs, and have worked my way down to about 250 lbs, so have dropped 90 lbs. My immediate goal right now is the 100 lbs mark, so I'm getting there. Then my next is probably 225 lbs, and will decide where I want to go from there.

But anyways, since I started working out, I pretty much have exclusively done cardio work outs (along with eating right, of course).. either running or an exercise bike. And it's gotten me great results, but I'm wanting to start incorporating weights to go along with the running.

I'm going to be doing a couple 5k's and similar events this year... Among them are a normal 5k or 2, the Warrior Dash, then the Tough Mudder in September to cap it all off.

But yeah, back to my original question.. Are there any cons to taking out the legs weight workout and just do more running instead? I'm not where I want to be cardio/distance wise. And my legs are plenty strong from my various sports and lugging around my 300+ pound body these years... haha. Just more wanting the fat gone. And I don't want to over complicate the process.. that's why I've stuck to just running. It's simple and I don't get overly complicated and lose interest.

Thanks in advance.

(And I hope this is the right topic thread...)

Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jkruszynski View Post
    New to the forum, but hoping for some helpful feedback.

But I have a question about my work out program. For fat loss, are there any major cons to substituting out the legs weight workout with more cardio?

A little background. I never really weighed myself throughout high school or college, but I've always been a big guy, but have been athletic... I surprise a lot of people.. probably 270+ and gaining since high school. I graduated college about a year and a half ago and was probably around 320. I started my weight loss middle last year, and I'm pretty amazed at my progress, personally. I started out at about 340 lbs, and have worked my way down to about 250 lbs, so have dropped 90 lbs. My immediate goal right now is the 100 lbs mark, so I'm getting there. Then my next is probably 225 lbs, and will decide where I want to go from there.

But anyways, since I started working out, I pretty much have exclusively done cardio work outs (along with eating right, of course).. either running or an exercise bike. And it's gotten me great results, but I'm wanting to start incorporating weights to go along with the running.

I'm going to be doing a couple 5k's and similar events this year... Among them are a normal 5k or 2, the Warrior Dash, then the Tough Mudder in September to cap it all off.

But yeah, back to my original question.. Are there any cons to taking out the legs weight workout and just do more running instead? I'm not where I want to be cardio/distance wise. And my legs are plenty strong from my various sports and lugging around my 300+ pound body these years... haha. Just more wanting the fat gone. And I don't want to over complicate the process.. that's why I've stuck to just running. It's simple and I don't get overly complicated and lose interest.

Thanks in advance.

(And I hope this is the right topic thread...)
    doing squats probably activates more of your body then any other exercise you can do....I assume you want to avoid Legs cause it hard? dont avoid them....its not worth it do legs
    Train for Strength, Eat For Size, Rest for Recovery, Repeat for Results

Originally Posted by Dano85 View Post
    doing squats probably activates more of your body then any other exercise you can do....I assume you want to avoid Legs cause it hard? dont avoid them....its not worth it do legs
    nah, not hard to me. I have strong legs and stuff. I just prefer running lol.

Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jkruszynski View Post
    nah, not hard to me. I have strong legs and stuff. I just prefer running lol.
    I'll be honest with you straight up....

Everyone is going to tell you to do legs!

if you dont want to hear that answer dont bother asking the question...dont ask it then when you told to do legs say you would prefer to run....

Im not try to be a jerk man, and good for you for getting into the gym in any form it will all help....truth though is you have to work your legs out...

Originally Posted by Dano85 View Post
    I'll be honest with you straight up....

Everyone is going to tell you to do legs!

if you dont want to hear that answer dont bother asking the question...dont ask it then when you told to do legs say you would prefer to run....

Im not try to be a jerk man, and good for you for getting into the gym in any form it will all help....truth though is you have to work your legs out...
    I never said I was opposed to doing legs. I was just looking for some pros and cons. Just cause I prefer running doesn't mean I won't do legs. But was looking for more.than just "do legs"

im confused what you want then? you want a big long write up on why you should workout your legs?