De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Toronto Gym Question

Any Torontonians here????
    I need to find a gym in Toronto (preferably downtown) that has a decent powerrack.
    Does anyone know of one?????

I train at Premier right now and none of their locations have a good powerrack.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by Dynamin; 03-10-2006 at 10:28 AM.

Registered User randall_truscot's Avatar
    randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Toronto area at Greenwood and Danforth....email colingarnett2003@yahoo.ca
    Kirk Karwoski Wanna Be

De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by randall_truscot
    Toronto area at Greenwood and Danforth....email colingarnett2003@yahoo.ca
    Randall thanks, but whats the name of that gym???

randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500)
    dont know, some guy on the candian powerlifting forum (www.powerlifting.ca) asked where a powerlifting gym is in toronto, so i found the post and copyed and pasted
    tell me what the guy says and how it is.
    Kirk Karwoski Wanna Be

BTW Randall, how in the hell do you wind up with a 450 lbs Squat at age 15 and still cant bench over 230???????

That makes no sense to me.

And I'm in no way belittleing you cause I have great respect for a kid like you squatting that much.
    If I hadnt seen the video, I probably wouldnt have believed you.

But, let me ask you again, with all due respect, how come you squat that much and your bench hasnt increased exponentially????

i havnt updated my bench stats, cuz i havnt maxed out raw in a while, but i can do 225 for 3 now. and my arms are very long, from my elbow to my wrist it is 10inches, from my shoulder to my wrist is about 20inches, so im not built for the bench very well, but im not complaining. so i would guess my raw bench would be around 240 to 245. plus bench takes longer to get up than squats and deadlifts. plus my coach is not a very good with the bench, jsut squat and deadlift. and now im workin with a current IPF world record holder for my bench, so its comin up. i wanted a 300 shirted at nats in 3 weeks, so well see what happens.

oh and my squat is welll above 450, im going for the canadian record squat at 507 in 3 weeks, but the 440 video you saw i messed up the form on that, ull see my 440 i do tomorrow on video.
    Last edited by randall_truscot; 03-14-2006 at 05:48 PM.
    Kirk Karwoski Wanna Be

Originally Posted by randall_truscot
    my arms are very long, from my elbow to my wrist it is 10inches, from my shoulder to my wrist is about 20inches, so im not built for the bench very well, but im not complaining. so i would guess my raw bench would be around 240 to 245. plus bench takes longer to get up than squats and deadlifts..
    OK.....understood

anonymous
    There are no decent gyms in downtown TO.

365 out near the airport is the closest thing to one.. the bally's downtown both have power racks (bay/bloor - watch yourself in the showers) and eaton centre).

there's a place off keele I forget the name of which looks the part, an old dungeon run by a 100 year old dude, but sadly is full of little metros furiously pumping small weights. Maybe rhino but I never went there.

Premier is truely awful, goodlife in scarboro is good (or used to be, its probably fruit-ified now) but GL charges outrageous fees these days

Originally Posted by Halfway
    There are no decent gyms in downtown TO.

365 out near the airport is the closest thing to one.. the bally's downtown both have power racks (bay/bloor - watch yourself in the showers) and eaton centre).

there's a place off keele I forget the name of which looks the part, an old dungeon run by a 100 year old dude, but sadly is full of little metros furiously pumping small weights. Maybe rhino but I never went there.

Premier is truely awful, goodlife in scarboro is good (or used to be, its probably fruit-ified now) but GL charges outrageous fees these days
    Thanks for this halfway, I live right near bay/bloor and I didnt know Bally's has a powerrack (i wouldnt expect it there).

And I know what you mean about downtown and gays, its scary sometimes

Registered User Remullagotgrams's Avatar
    Remullagotgrams is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys!

It's been a long time coming but I wanted to introduce to you Band of Barbells, Toronto's first dedicated powerlifting gym located in Scarborough.

Our gym is fully equipped with over 2000kg of Eleiko and Titex competition plates, 3 Eleiko combo racks, 3 ER combo racks, 1 Texas Strength Combo Rack over 8 comp bars (ranging from Eleiko, Titex, Bull and Rogue), 6 Rogue Ohio Power Bars, Speciality bars (SSB, rogue deadlift bar, Swiss bar, trap bar), power racks, a belt squat machine, functional cable machines and dumbbells.

If you guys are tired of training out of commercial gyms that yell at you for deadlifting too loud and using chalk, come check us out! We love our chalk and loud deadlifts! If your interested in making us your dedicated home gym we offer flexible membership options that give you access to our facility 7 days a week during flexible operating hours (6am-11pm)

Shoot us an email at bandofbarbells@gmail.com or check out our website bandofbarbells.com for more information