shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

knee surgery next month

well I am having my meniscus repaired next month. I injured it 8 months ago, took some time off went back to the gym and was ok for awhile. Then I hurt it worse, and I have been out of the gym for almost 2 months. I lost all motivation from not being able to squat etc. Squats were my favorite lift and before I got hurt I hit 495 for 3 reps. Right now I can't walk up a flight of stairs without my knee killing me. I can't describe how ready I am to get under the knife. I want to be able to squat again so badly. I will squat heavy again. I've lost 15 lbs in the last 2 months. Once this surgery is done, and I'm recovered I am going at it harder than before.

Anyone have any similar knee problems that they have recovered from?
    2 corinthians 2:19

long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) long101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shotgunsays View Post
    well I am having my meniscus repaired next month. I injured it 8 months ago, took some time off went back to the gym and was ok for awhile. Then I hurt it worse, and I have been out of the gym for almost 2 months. I lost all motivation from not being able to squat etc. Squats were my favorite lift and before I got hurt I hit 495 for 3 reps. Right now I can't walk up a flight of stairs without my knee killing me. I can't describe how ready I am to get under the knife. I want to be able to squat again so badly. I will squat heavy again. I've lost 15 lbs in the last 2 months. Once this surgery is done, and I'm recovered I am going at it harder than before.

I hear ya man. I tore my MCL in my left knee a while back, and decided not to get surgery. Got back to the gym after 6 months and was feeling good. Then tore my ACL in my other knee and once again decided not to get it repaired (im hard headed). I wish I followed doctors orders from the beginning and getting the original one taken care of. Its been about 2 years and still bugs the **** out of me.

You will feel 1000 times better once you get it done.

PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhysiqueKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shotgunsays View Post

I had major surgery on each knee for a patella tendon problems back in 2005 and I came back stronger than ever. Before my surgeries all I heard were doom and gloom stories about how my "knees will never be the same" and it was all a load of ****. Today I squat over 400lbs with ease and still have a vertical leap of over 40 inches. Just put in the work and bust your ass during the rehab and you'll be stronger and better than ever before.

IamBeastMode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tore my acl and meniscus. I couldn't wait to get back into the gym. I think the surgery made me stronger mentally and I lifted heavier weight then ever before. Be careful and do what the therapist tells you. It may suck but it will help your motion in the long run. Good luck
    "Obsession Til Perfection"

I GO H*A*M!