ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I had a scary moment!

I upped the weight that I usually use when I do squats, and did the desired number of reps, which is pretty much all I could muster. After putting the barbell back down. I really had to catch my breath. Normally, I'm huffing and puffing for a couple minutes and then I'm fine. This time, I was starting to feel a little dizzy and weak and felt like I was never going to catch my breath. That was pretty scary! But what was that??? Is that a sign that I was having a mild heart attack or something? What if I had pushed myself even harder than I did? What would have happened?

I ask all this because something similar, but worse happened once in the past. I got done with my squats, and then I had all these symptoms along with my vision going all fuzzy. I felt like I was going to die! I know it could be said that these are just indications that I pushed myself too hard, but what is actually going on when these things occur? Am I actually hurting myself?

MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Get your blood pressure checked. Sounds like you are blacking out or whiting out. Low blood pressure can make you faint which can in the initial stages look like your vision is going all fuzzy.
    The mind is the only limit. As long as the mind can envision something, you can do it.

ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ectomorph37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MontyMagpie View Post
    Get your blood pressure checked. Sounds like you are blacking out or whiting out. Low blood pressure can make you faint which can in the initial stages look like your vision is going all fuzzy.
    My blood pressure is close to normal. Right around 125 / 75. I take my blood pressure readings on the machine at Walmart, which I'm told reads a bit high, so I imagine it might actually be closer to normal.

TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I get this on almost every squat session, it's called exerting yourself. Usually have to sit down and put my head between my legs until it passes. It really gets fun when you puke.
    -Squattin' in the curl rack.

DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When you push hard, and deep, the blood flow to your quads is elevated. The amount of blood flow into your legs, combined with the incredible exertion that your body is not accustomed to, means the blood flowing to other parts of your body is decreased. As such, you faint.

The Iron will never Lie to you.
    “Whatever doesn’t kill me… had better start running”
    Willpower is a muscle, and as such, it must be exercised. Heavily and Often.

Continually paying my Dues in the Iron-Sanctuary.com

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Did somebody say internet doctor?

Originally Posted by TouaregV8 View Post
    I get this on almost every squat session, it's called exerting yourself. Usually have to sit down and put my head between my legs until it passes. It really gets fun when you puke.
    I've never managed to have that much fun yet!

Originally Posted by DerAlta View Post
    When you push hard, and deep, the blood flow to your quads is elevated. The amount of blood flow into your legs, combined with the incredible exertion that your body is not accustomed to, means the blood flowing to other parts of your body is decreased. As such, you faint.

Thank you for that! It does make perfect sense.

Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used to have dizzy spells doing deadlifts....still do

MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Dencio View Post
    I used to have dizzy spells doing deadlifts....still do
    Maybe get that checked out.

I had dizzy spells myself a few year ago, it was due to low blood pressure. I fainted twice in 15 mins. I had to put salt back in my diet and all is good. I guess I listened to salt is bad mantra.

Never fainted during training though.
    The mind is the only limit. As long as the mind can envision something, you can do it.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Old_Swole View Post
    Did somebody say internet doctor?
    Yep! Who needs real medical advice, when you can get it on the internet from strangers for free!

Just keep on fainting and puking, OP, like the fellas say. Suck it up and quit complaining! Hardcorz or bust!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ectomorph37 View Post
    Thank you for that! It does make perfect sense.
    Perfect sense?

Really???

Are you squatting over 1,000lbs and/or with that kind of intensity?

lulz

See your doctor.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasnija will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it possible that you may be holding your breathe during some of the reps? Exertion plus holding your breathe makes your BP jump but a visit to the doctor isnt a bad idea.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would go see a dr. I wouldn't want to be one of those people who pushes past something like this, when it could be very minor if caught early, and drop dead.

Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When is the last time you had a physical exam while your at it have a cardiac stress test.[for entertaining purposes only not a doctor]

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See a doc. Why guess?

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Originally Posted by DerAlta View Post

Squat was high. But he broke parallel afterwards!
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If this really scared you, a doc visit may be in order.

I'll add....(without discounting the advice above)....I am not sure how long you have been lifting. If you have been training any good length of time and this came out of the blue....it is cause for concern.....but if this was just the first time you ever experienced being light headed from heavy exertion...that might be another story.

On heavy exertion days....squats and deadlifts, I always take a knee for 15-20 seconds after taking a set to failure. If I was doing high rep squats (10-12) where I did every rep I had in me, I need to either sit down afterwards or take a knee for a minute. Same for higher rep deadlifts (6-8). This is only when I am giving maximum exertion. I will add....I have never blacked out....but I certainly feel light headed along with nausea which goes away in 15-30 seconds.

Dont dismiss your event as what I describe as this is something I have experienced for 10 years and were something dramatic happen or if it scared me....I would seek an answer from a qualified source.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're welcome. In fact if you search Youtube for "Squat Faint" or "Deadlift Faint" you can see a selection of videos of people fainting after heavy exertion. On those really heavy days, I get the little bright specs zooming around my peripheral vision. Years ago in college, when I was up for days at a time, I would get light headed from standing up quick.

Like induced_drag says, take a knee after you do the really heavy sets. As everyone else has stated, you may just want to visit a doctor too.
    The Iron will never Lie to you.
    “Whatever doesn’t kill me… had better start running”
    Willpower is a muscle, and as such, it must be exercised. Heavily and Often.

Continually paying my Dues in the Iron-Sanctuary.com

camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do yourself a favor and look up Vasalva Maneuver and fainting. Holding your breath during a heavy lift can jack your BP into the 200+ range which will cause all of the symptoms you describe. The fact that this isn't a reoccuring thing points to this as a possible answer. As others have said, it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out by a doctor who works with athletes and is familiar with heavy resistance training.

If you can find one where you live.
    The world breaks everyone, some become stronger.

Pain is candy

ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My blood pressure is close to normal. Right around 125 / 75. I take my blood pressure readings on the machine at Walmart, which I'm told reads a bit high, so I imagine it might actually be closer to normal.
    Blood Pressure is not always constant thing... Especially durring your workouts. I would see a doctor if you are worried, but water intake can play a big part in how your workout goes. Blood volume has a big impact on bp durring a workout. Sounds like you had a fainting spell. If this is an isolated occurrence and you have no other heart related symptoms, then running to doctor may not be the thing to do. If this starts to repete, then I would start to worry. Could also be a sign of a virus or illness coming on.

We all have our off days.
    Qualify as a Bar-barian by Fall 2011.
    Physical requirements include:
    1. 5 Muscle Ups
    2. 45 Dips
    3. 25 Pull-ups
    4. 55 Push Ups
    5. and 5 Muscle Ups, within 6 mins.

Originally Posted by jasnija View Post
    Is it possible that you may be holding your breathe during some of the reps? Exertion plus holding your breathe makes your BP jump but a visit to the doctor isnt a bad idea.
    Yes, I do that. I've read that you should take a breath and hold it as you begin the rising-up portion of the squat because you lungs being filled with air is supposed to act as a kind of shock absorber to protect you spine. Maybe it's not so wise after all?

taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So you felt unwell after squatting, and are wondering if it was a mild heart attack or warning signs that you may have a health problem.
    But instead of getting checked out by a doc, you decide to come to this forum and ask a bunch of strangers what they think.

I can't work out if you are a troll or just plain stupid.........................
    No Bull$hit or E-Stats

http://www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums/index.php

Rep 9 Crew

Journal; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124422421

***Ov35 Danger Face Warrior***

Originally Posted by taylor9569 View Post
    So you felt unwell after squatting, and are wondering if it was a mild heart attack or warning signs that you may have a health problem.
    But instead of getting checked out by a doc, you decide to come to this forum and ask a bunch of strangers what they think.

I can't work out if you are a troll or just plain stupid.........................
    Actually, I had a strange feeling after squatting, and decided to come to this forum (a bodybuilding forum) to ask a group of people what they think because they most likely do squats too, and I wanted to see if they had the same experience as I did and whether they knew anything about it that I didn't and could fill me in with their knowledge.

taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) taylor9569 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I upped the weight that I usually use when I do squats, and did the desired number of reps, which is pretty much all I could muster. After putting the barbell back down. I really had to catch my breath. Normally, I'm huffing and puffing for a couple minutes and then I'm fine. This time, I was starting to feel a little dizzy and weak and felt like I was never going to catch my breath. That was pretty scary! But what was that??? Is that a sign that I was having a mild heart attack or something? What if I had pushed myself even harder than I did? What would have happened?

I ask all this because something similar, but worse happened once in the past. I got done with my squats, and then I had all these symptoms along with my vision going all fuzzy. I felt like I was going to die! I know it could be said that these are just indications that I pushed myself too hard, but what is actually going on when these things occur? Am I actually hurting myself?
    Actually, I had a strange feeling after squatting, and decided to come to this forum (a bodybuilding forum) to ask a group of people what they think because they most likely do squats too, and I wanted to see if they had the same experience as I did and whether they knew anything about it that I didn't and could fill me in with their knowledge.
    Would you go to a doc for him to check your form on squats? Or maybe use his couch to set a new bench PR?
    No Bull$hit or E-Stats

http://www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums/index.php

Rep 9 Crew

Journal; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124422421

***Ov35 Danger Face Warrior***

Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeffro72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I experienced the same thing this morning after doing a set of squats. Very likely a normal thing. But it's always wise to consult your doctor just in case it's not.

Because it also scared you, you likely had panic response kick in as well, which can exacerbate the issue.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by taylor9569 View Post
    Would you go to a doc for him to check your form on squats? Or maybe use his couch to set a new bench PR?
    Lulz

Five Star Thread, without a doubt.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733