Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    EDog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Prohormone Ban - Let's do something about it

Friends,

We can actually do something about this bill to ban prohormones you know. Why don't we start by emailing our congressmen. This is actually very effective and easy.

Now, we can't tell them "I need 1-Test because I want to get f**ing HUGE". We can however craft a letter that talks about the "Anti-Aging" benefits of things like DHEA, Melatonin and ANDRO. The population is getting older and access to the best possible healthcare/natural supplements is a right we should all enjoy. We can express that this Bill focuses on the anabolic properties of Andro which have been proven not to exist (wink wink), but misses the huge opportunity for antiaging and quality of life for our nations aging baby boomers. That being said, can one of us craft a letter to the AARP on the health benefits of natural hormal therapy? This group has a lot of pull and would be interested. I will start to research other groups that we can employ to help our cause. I could use a lot of help though. Again, this battle will be won if the focus is on "anti-aging" and not anabolics. Many of those old Repubilcans will need things like andro when they get older to get it up and "FIGHT OFF THOSE DAMN COMMIES POT SMOKING HIPPIES" (That was a joke by the way).

Im a smart man, but I know there are people on this board who are even smarter and more eleoquent than I am. So let's all try and get things moving in the right direction instead of just bitching.

EDITOR'S NOTE! You can e-mail a form letter to all your local government officials from this one page:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/saveandro.htm

You can learn more about bill there as well. DO IT NOW!

EDog

ScottyAx800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScottyAx800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScottyAx800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScottyAx800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScottyAx800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScottyAx800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScottyAx800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whoa... when were prohormones banned?

SupplementPimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, one of the most important things you can do is write your congressman letting him/her know your opposition to H.R. 5564. You can even email them. WWW.house.gov should provide you with the link you need to contact your represenative.
    I just received a letter from my represenative thanking me for writing and saying they were going to keep in mind my opposition to H.R. 5564. Everyone must hammer home the message to their congressman. Do not complain about it, do something about it.

Registered User XxFiNEAzNGuY97x's Avatar
    XxFiNEAzNGuY97x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ScottyAx800
    whoa... when were prohormones banned?
    not banned yet, but there is legislation proposing a ban

Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Steriods

Geesh, they just keep pushing us towards the gear....*******s.
    Why is it that anytime a 16 year old kid screws up we adults pay for it?
    Just require a freakin drivers license!
    Video games, network TV, suppliments, etc all going down the tube for us adults.
    Just ban the kiddies from it not us adults!
    Eat, sleep, lift...what else is there?

I'll try and craft a letter that we can cut and paste. Again, I personally think that only anti-aging information should be contained in the letter since most politicians could care less about bodybuilding and think we are all steroid freaks who work as bouncers and beat people up for fun...

EDog

fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fupafighter2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    they r fukked up atleast phs have some benefits what about alcohol or ciggerettes, the banning is for all those fatasses who wanna blame or success on supp only

soon they r gonna ban creatine nthe protein the gyms then workout equipment until all of americans are fat

Body under construction MotorcityAl's Avatar
    MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by EDog
    I'll try and craft a letter that we can cut and paste. Again, I personally think that only anti-aging information should be contained in the letter since most politicians could care less about bodybuilding and think we are all steroid freaks who work as bouncers and beat people up for fun...

EDog
    Good thoughts EDog. I wouldn't expect less from a fellow Detroiter.
    Say it, Believe it, Achieve it!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past." Maurice Maeterlinck

Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

FYI

Did you know the USAF banned Creatine?
    Eat, sleep, lift...what else is there?

MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: FYI

Originally posted by Vin Unleaded
    I wonder what the reasoning (if there was any) was behind that?
    "Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past." Maurice Maeterlinck

GuyinLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: FYI

Originally posted by Vin Unleaded
    Are you sure about that? I work for the Defense Department and was recently using an Air Force Base gym. I saw notices about disciplanary action if steroids were used and I think I saw a notice to "educate" personnel about ephedra but I saw nothing about Creatine. If you are correct, it really surprises me because I assure you lots of AF personnel use it.

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hope PHs do get banned, I just ordered the biggest stock pile of 1-test in the Eastern USA, so remember me if they get banned, YJ will be your underground 1-Test source.

I was hoping to write something this afternoon, but frankly bros I am cooked and can't thnk about anything. Thanks for the plug Al.

EDog

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by EDog
    I was hoping to write something this afternoon, but frankly bros I am cooked and can't thnk about anything. Thanks for the plug Al.

EDog
    I think you guys are getting way too paranoid over this banning of PHs

I dont know if you've been watching the news, but some guys in airplanes knocked over a couple of buildings in new york so now we have this "war on terror" I think congress and the government has better things to do than worry about banning pro hormones.....by the time (if ever) this war on terror is over, PHs will be forgotten about.

patrolling the universe snakeman's Avatar
    snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good point yj. i can tell you from my job that we are more worried about terrorism than we are ph's and roids right now. we have a bigger porblem to deal with right now.i wished more people understood the world problem and politics like yj.

Except for the fact that it's the way our government tends to work, and the fact that there is a pending bill in Congress. Granted, it will probably be some time before it is acted on, but there is no strong lobby or a lot of dollars to fight this bill. And, congress can go to the "people" (whoever they are?) and show them what a good job they are doing protecting them against these damaging substances that are being used helter skelter in schools and neighborhoods. Yes, we can rest safely knowing that our politicians have once again come to our rescue. In fact, soon we won't even have to think for ourselves (and develop dangerous thoughts). We can eat in State run cafeterias where we will be fed the most nourishing foods prior to going off to work in an equitable environment where everyone will be protected and equal. Paradise is on the way. Paranoia? I think not. Just very concerned.

Its typical of this goverment to act on petty issues. Over the eyars Ive come to conclude that this US goverment looks for anything they can ban or regualte to make sure the american people understand who's in charge. They say "the land of the free" but this is anything but a free land. Im personally not concerned over this issue, there's too many loopholes and I think they understand that pro hormones are a legal alternative to steroids, so if they're to ban pro hormones all hell will break lose and you can bet that steroid use/abuse will rise and it will take a few dead bodies and lost lives for them to realize what they have done, Im willin to wait

patrolling the universe snakeman's Avatar
    snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    al nothing wrong with concern, i am also but right now we have bigger probs. i agree with you and the bro's that we need to fight this, just like i believe in being able to protect yourself with a firearm. all people which are legal to posess a firearm should do so. in my job i deal with firearms on a regular basis. and i dont mind the good goy having one to protect themselves.
    we have way to many anti's in this country, and we need to put our foot down. ph's need backing just like we have the nra. we need to build a bbing lobby which includes the support for ph's and will make roids legal in the states. to much bad press on both issues don't help either party.

jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by YellowJacket
    so if they're to ban pro hormones all hell will break lose and you can bet that steroid use/abuse will rise and it will take a few dead bodies and lost lives for them to realize what they have done, Im willin to wait
    I gotta disagree bro, look at the War on Drugs. A pathetic sham that cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars. They have a hard time saying "we were wrong" and reversing policy. Only time I can think of is prohibition. I hope this policy doesn't fly though, for all of our sakes.

hollywood-nWo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

prohormone ban

even if the bill has been proposed, it could take a long time for it to become a law anyway. most bills end up dying in congress, so theres always a chance this wont ever happen. i think they might just make buying prohormones like buying alcohol, which is cool with me. i think the bill you guys are talking about was just proposed in congress. it has yet to be voted on and right now, both houses of congress are out until the end of january(so they wont become illegal tommorrow or anything). and even if it does go through congress, the senate doesnt really work that quickly so it might be a while before this all happens. then it would still have to be signed into law. you guys could always write to your congressman and senators about this. those guys need all the votes they can, so youd probably hear back from them
    When you're with Hollywood, and my nWo, you're with me 4 life, because we're just to sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

-Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Originally posted by jweave23
    I gotta disagree bro, look at the War on Drugs. A pathetic sham that cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars. They have a hard time saying "we were wrong" and reversing policy. Only time I can think of is prohibition. I hope this policy doesn't fly though, for all of our sakes.
    I said "until they realize what they've done" I didnt say they would reverse the decision and make PHs legal again, I can live with PHs being illegal and a bunch of communist dictators living with guilt.

jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I said "until they realize what they've done" I didnt say they would reverse the decision and make PHs legal again, I can live with PHs being illegal and a bunch of communist dictators living with guilt.
    well, in that case I hope they do feel guilty, the pigs.

Originally posted by jweave23
    well, in that case I hope they do feel guilty, the pigs.
    Yes, all it takes if a few of them to come up dead and then maybe they'll think twice about taking away things from the general public in which they represent, and then maybe they'll think twice before banning substances widely used because they'll fear for their lives....thats how this country as to work if its to be "the land of the free"

Just remember (like to title to a Mothers of Invention song from the 60's) "It can't happen here". And, my final word on guns (which became a point of discussion in another thread, and how this country has so many more deaths than any other country because of them). Criminals do not generally shoot people with registered or legal guns. And the other countries that don't allow their citizens to possess them, like the former Soviet Union, or Eastern Block countries? Interesting. OK, I'm done with that. Excelsior!

Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think you guys are getting way too paranoid over this banning of PHs

I dont know if you've been watching the news, but some guys in airplanes knocked over a couple of buildings in new york so now we have this "war on terror" I think congress and the government has better things to do than worry about banning pro hormones.....by the time (if ever) this war on terror is over, PHs will be forgotten about.

YOu are wrong. I was just in Washington discussing this bill with lobbyists. Some of them were close to Rep. Sweeney and they assured me that this bill is a high priority. In January this bill will be thrown on the table quickly and if there is no opposition it will slip on through before you can blink an eye. Probably attached to some appropriations bill or something.

This is not paranoia, this is legitimate urgency.

Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by MotorcityAl
    Except for the fact that it's the way our government tends to work, and the fact that there is a pending bill in Congress. Granted, it will probably be some time before it is acted on, but there is no strong lobby or a lot of dollars to fight this bill. (
    This bill has the support of the US anti-doping agency, the NFL, and the NCAA. Currently the opposition to the bill is non-existent. Any congressman would immediately support this bill without even understanding what it is about, simply due to the fact of the big sports organizations behind it.

On the front page of the NY Times there was an article not so implicitly supporting this bill. Front page!!

We are ****ed unless we can come up with lots of money for lobbyists (they run around 20K a month). Myself and a few others are putting together the infrastructure for the fundraising and the industry coalition. Pray to god that we can raise the money

Re: prohormone ban

Originally posted by hollywood-nWo
    even if the bill has been proposed, it could take a long time for it to become a law anyway. most bills end up dying in congress, so theres always a chance this wont ever happen. i think they might just make buying prohormones like buying alcohol, which is cool with me. i think the bill you guys are talking about was just proposed in congress. it has yet to be voted on and right now, both houses of congress are out until the end of january(so they wont become illegal tommorrow or anything). and even if it does go through congress, the senate doesnt really work that quickly so it might be a while before this all happens. then it would still have to be signed into law. you guys could always write to your congressman and senators about this. those guys need all the votes they can, so youd probably hear back from them
    It will be attached to one of those appropriations bills, which by their very nature are quickly approved by both houses. And it will not make it like buying alcohol, it will make them controlled substances. Since they are not approved as drugs (cannot be legitimately prescribed) that means that possesion of them under any circumstances will be a serious crime. Wake up!!

OVRTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OVRTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OVRTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OVRTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OVRTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OVRTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Patrick speaks the truth!

When he says "urgency," we're talking about Congress convening in JANUARY... YES THAT SOON!

Patrick has been very involved in putting this infrastructure together as has my boss (You know who I mean). I hope we can all count on you to help us stop this bill, or prohormones truly will be finished!

The supplement companies as well as the consumers have to band together or it will be a huge loss for both! Right now $$$ is an important concern as Patrick stated, these lobbyists are quite expensive. Without a powerful lobbyist, we can kiss the prohormone market googbye...and in all reality, creatine and every other conceivable "performance enhancing" or "anabolic" substance will not be far behind. Mark my words...this is the unfortunate truth!

Short of sending donations, what role can we as a group do? And isn't it something how the NFL is doing it's part to fight drugs (yea, right) while injecting injured players with pain killers, cortisone, and who knows what so they can perform every week (or in the case of the Detroit Lions, not perform very well).

PC1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, everything back to 11-29 blown off the thread!
    PC