Registered User layer3switchguy's Avatar
    layer3switchguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Goal - Burn Fat and Build Muscle - What to Take

Folks,

I did try and do a search based around this topic, and get a Microsoft ODBC error when doing so. I truly apologize if this is repetitive.

Based on my stats below, I'd appreciate some suggestions on what supplements to take to burn fat and build lean muscle. I've decided I'm "skinny fat" with most of my fat in the abdomen. I hate the gut, and want it gone. I've been eating clean, consuming about 2,000 calories per day and roughly 170 grams of protein. I use the following:

ON Whey Powder
    Lipo 6
    Creatine
    Centrum Multi-Vitamin
    Fish Oils

While I've never really trained before, I've always had a mainly ectomorph style body. The last time I trained was in my early 20's and the only real muscles that grew fast were my triceps. Of course I knew nothing about nutrition, so that might have hurt me...

I typically do a full body workout 3 times a week and cardio (treadmill) 5 times a week for about 25 minutes at a pace of 3.2mph.

I'm really confused by all the different supplements and brands, and need some help. I'd like to take my shirt off this summer and not be ashamed of my body.

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated!!

L3

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Nutrition / Diet / Macros:

- Total daily calorie intake. This is what will make / break you

- It is NOT efficient to try and lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time

- BMR and nutrition calculator

- Total Daily Protein Intake (for best results I recommend AROUND 2g per lb of bodyweight)

- Foods (Good vs. Bad)

- Unified Theory of Nutrition - by Will Brink

Bulking:

When bulking (a calorie surplus to gain lean muscle mass at a optimal rate), I aim for:

- 1lb beef per day
    - 1 Gallon Milk per day
    - Around 2000 cals per day from oats
    - Lots of protein shakes (up to 8 per day)
    - Chicken / Turkey
    - Beef / Sloppy Joes (manwich)
    - Rice
    - Pasta
    - Tuna
    - Potatoes
    - Veggies (Fresh if possible)

- If there was ONE SINGLE KEY to the gains I made in the 1 1/2 years when I went from 175-225 (my best.. leanest gains), it is OATS / STEEL CUT OATS ! The emphasis here is that oats are a INEXPENSIVE, HEALTHY, yet VERY CALORIE DENSE FOOD. I saw lean gains like I had never seen before. But NO THEY DON'T TASTE GOOD. YOU HAVE TO FORCE FEED THEM. This gets old fast. I added about 1 cup of oats to each protein shake.

- Hungry Hungry Hormones

- Massive Eating

- Stretch Mark Mass

What are some good indications that I'm gaining muscle... ?
    Mirror / Appearance
    Measurements
    Strength
    Bodyweight

Cutting:

When cutting (a calorie deficit to lose fat at a optimal rate):

- I eat many of the same foods above, but with a lower TOTAL DAILY CALORIE INTAKE

- I put a emphasis on PRE- and POST-workout nutrition, and the end result is that most of my calories are eaten before my afternoon workout. I have found this to be ideal (for me).

Fullness Factor Chart 1
    Fullness Factor Chart 2

What it my basal metabolic rate ?
    Your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the energy used (measured in calories) by your body to perform basic functions, including internal energy expenditure, breathing, and body temperature. It is the number of calories your body would expend if you performed no physical activity throughout the day.

Simply put... your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the rate at which your body burns calories while you rest. This is very important because we only have so much time for cardio each day.

BMR Calculator:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    Where can I learn more about the "Fatloss Basics ?"
    What are some good indications that I'm losing fat... ?
    Mirror / Appearance
    Measurements
    Bodyfat caliper
    Bodyweight

Supplements:

- Supplements / Companies to avoid

- SAVE $$$$$ ! ! STICK WITH THE BASICS:- Stay on creatine, there is no need to cycle it ! (cycling and loading are totally optional)

- Creatine timing (when / how to take it):- For best results, aim for AROUND 2g of total daily protein intake per lb of bodyweight EVERY SINGLE DAY ! !

Example:
    Bodyweight: 200lbs
    Total daily protein intake: 400g
    Here is why:

Workout / Routine:

- I recommend a MAX-OT, 5x5, HST (or similar) routine with a EMPHASIS ON:
    - Squatting / Leg pressing
    - Deadlifts
    - Barbell benchpress
    (Including flat / decline / incline)
    - Both BB's and DB's for best results

- Concentrate more on measurements and less on bodyweight

- Weigh yourself once a week. Should gain (or lose) around 1lb per week (depending on goals).

- Concentrate on form first, in order to stay injury free

- Emphasize both range of motion, and mind-muscle connection

- With intensity, strength gains, and a proper bodybuilding diet, the size gains (or fatloss) will come

- Make sure and have a spotter when working out your major muscle groups, preferrably someone bigger than you

- Don't be scared of overtraining. Simply listen (pay attention) to your body, and ask more questions later if you think you are overtraining.

Cardio:

- If possible, do cardio at least 8 hours from when you lift weights

- If possible, do cardio in the AM after sleeping.

- No need to do cardio on a empty stomach, but many prefer to due to nausea

- Jumping rope is a very efficient form of cardio

- Sprinting is a very efficient form of cardio

- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is a efficient form of cardio

Recovery (A.K.A GROWTH !):

- With proper intensity MUST COME PROPER RECOVERY !

- Make sure and get enough protein right before you go to sleep.

- Make sure and get enough protein/carbs right when you wake up

- Make sure and get enough deep, quality sleep (Not getting enough quality sleep is the #1 newbie mistake. You should aim for at least 8 QUALITY hours of sleep per night): - Make sure and get enough protein / calories on off days (This is when your body will be recovering) It is important to be consistent !

- Make sure and get proper pre and post-workout nutrition:
    Carbs pre and post workout.
    Protein pre and post workout.
    Creatine pre and post workout:
    Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition (Click here)

Cell volumization:

Make sure and drink enough water both throughout the day and during your workout (this is CRITICAL ! !) I drink about 1 liter per hour, and at least 3 liters during my workout. (Keep in mind I am currently over 240lbs so you may not need this much).

Other Resources:

MCWTRAINER's SUPPLEMENT THREADS
    ESSENTIAL Supplements - By Ironpimper
    Mind and Muscle - Strengthen your connection
    The BB.COM Bible - By BIGNBUFF
    Rules, Information, and "Best Of" Threads Index

Good luck !
    If you have read this post and ALL the links provided and you still have a question or concern.. please E-Mail me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible:

pt@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer: The above post is IN MY OPINION, or IN MY EXPERIENCE, unless otherwise noted.
    FYI
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

BCSlabs - Supplements Power_Lifter88's Avatar
    Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Power_Lifter88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey mate,

I would suggest the ' GET FIT STACK SELECT PACKAGE ' from Body Conditioning Solutions...i have had great results with this.

Good luck mate, you'll be a lean beast in no time!
    Stack:

E-BOMB 2
    POWERCYCLE
    VAULT
    6-0X0
    VOLU-MASS

leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leakyshakercup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would bump up your cardio time to 45 minutes if you can. And try some High Intensity Interval Training..Familiar with this?

391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Power_Lifter88
    Hey mate,

I would suggest the ' GET FIT STACK SELECT PACKAGE ' from Body Conditioning Solutions...i have had great results with this.

Good luck mate, you'll be a lean beast in no time!
    quit pimping

to the original poster, follow the advice pure listed for ya. it's hard to lose fat and build muscle at the same time, so do one or the other.
    Prime Signature Real Estate for Rent
    Advertise Here!

Thanks!

johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnfaceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone and there mothers goal: Burn Fat and Build Muscle.

Seriously though follow PU's post and you should be good to go.

Originally Posted by johnfaceman
    Everyone and there mothers goal: Burn Fat and Build Muscle.

Seriously though follow PU's post and you should be good to go.
    Cool, thanks...

PU's post is awesome!

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by layer3switchguy
    Cool, thanks...

PU's post is awesome!
    Thanks man... I wish someone would have given me the above advice a long time ago.

Good luck reaching your goals !
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Thunder KAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder KAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder KAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder KAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder KAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder KAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder KAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    drop the centrum pick up now adam much better centrum = ****

user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user903890348904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yup,

Clean bulk andyou may be able to slowl yput on muscle with fat loss, if that's short term goal, if long term do 3--8months bulk and cut.. follow this every year until your massive!

STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) STLRAMS2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would stack some sesamin and fish oil three times per day with your meals that are high in fats. This will certainly limit fat gains, and some people even have experienced fat loss when this is stacked with CLA. However, CLA really did not work for me.

exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You would be perfect for the CNS stack....

Cardio, Nutrition, Squats...Heavy on the S
    Do you think that your better than me?
    You better wake up cause you know it's a lie.

Friends don't let friends buy from Protein Factory...

acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000) acecombact1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    FYI
    dam you forgot to add weed to the list

Originally Posted by acecombact1
    dam you forgot to add weed to the list
    Any idea how many grams of protein/carbs???

Originally Posted by layer3switchguy
    Any idea how many grams of protein/carbs???
    Did you check out the links above ?
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience