67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)

What are some good low back & upper pelvis stretches?

When I train hard swimming, or add a lot of fly to my workouts, I usually end up overtaxing the lower back muscles where they anchor into the pelvis. I have pushed pretty hard this week and swam the last 3 days, so am experiencing this problem now.

If I don't stretch this area effectively, within 24 hours the muscles will lock up and I will develop a nasty low back spasm.

The best way I have found to stretch this area, (if I can't get to my chrio) is hanging from a chin up bar, and trying to relax my back, swing my legs gently pivoting my hips. Usually that helps a lot. Problem is there is not always a chin up bar handy.

Has anyone else experienced this type of muscle spasm? Have any other types of stretching been effective for you?

I don't seem, to get a good enough stretch (like a static stretch) without putting a lot of traction on the area, but it would be really helpful to find some alternatives. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    some years ago, when faced with recurring lower back pain, my orthopede recommended this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Stretching-20t...8455760&sr=1-2

i recall it being very helpful. wish i could find it.

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look here: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

For every muscle an exercise and a stretch is given.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am prone to lower back spasm's so I may understand your issue. I often sit in a chair turning in the seat to the right until my knees are baced then I grab the back of the chair and use my arms to twist my torso to the right while concentrating on relaxing the back muscles. Hold for a ten count. repeat to the left.
    Last edited by jawter; 12-23-2007 at 07:00 PM.

mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You might talk to your chiro. I hurt my lower back last Spring and saw a chiro regularly for about 6 months. The first week he gave me a couple sheets with a dozen or so stretches for different areas of the spine. I still do about 10 minutes of stretches every morning for my lower back. I can tell after a few days when I start to skip them.
    So...I say to a friend that I can't eat what she eats because "I eat funny". So she says "what does funny taste like?". So I say "Like rubber chicken".

mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We have a machine at the gym that helps stretch the lower back area. When ever I get that pain right at the pelvis I spend a few minutes stretching with said machine -- which I would give you a link to but the Precor site is all flash
    so damned them to hell because I wanted to also point out that my chiro dude has one of them.

To continue, I do stiff-legged dead lifts now to keep that area in shape. Light weights, bent knees, and slow. It's a maintenance exercise that helps me. I have fornicated my right lower back whence it connects to the pelvis before and I know it sucks, bad.

Good luck.