chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

favorite body part/day

I'm sure this has bee asked ad nausium but I thought I would revive it to see what the current forum people like.
    What is your favorite body part to train and why.

I like leg days because I tend to see greater gains on leg days than say chest or back days.

heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Since I have been a long time olympic style lifter, my training for the competition lifts involve more of a whole body approach during each and every workout. Taking the bar from the floor all the way overhead causes the whole body to work as one unit rather than a collection of individual bodyparts.

But, if I had to choose one I would say GRIP training. I think that grip/forearm strength should be a litmus test for anyone claiming to be "strong".......If your hands/grip aren't strong, then you're not strong. It all starts with the hands. As for my own hands/grip, I'm still trying to close the Ironmind Captains of Crush #3 gripper.
    RAW PRs--no suit, no belt, no wraps, no spotters

Squat- 1075 lbs
    Deadlift- 1250 lbs
    Bench- 795 lbs
    Power Clean- 665 lbs.
    Barbell Curl-405 lbs.

225 Bench Press for reps-56 reps
    40 yard dash-4.13 seconds (electronic official time)
    vertical leap-55 inches

EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Absolutely legs. A hard leg workout is what separates the men from the boys.
    2008 IFBB North America Over 40 Super Heavyweight Class Winner
    2008 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class Winner
    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Masters Over 40 Champion
    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Mens Open Champion

jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmhester is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Monday because it's chest day and I'm rested from the weekend. Nothing like beating a personal best on the flat BP!
    I personally hate leg day but I have knee and back issues so I have to be really careful with leg workouts.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    What is your favorite body part to train and why.

I like leg days because I tend to see greater gains on leg days than say chest or back days.
    Its close, but legs first and back second. I love squats and deadlifts.

On the subject of gains, I've done tests with muscle mass and bodyweight before and after training different bodyparts. Leg days I can gain up to 3 pounds. Back and sometimes chest is 2. Shoulders and arms are 1 pound or less. Training big parts like legs and back boost testosterone levels much more than smaller ones like arms. I wish more people, especially the younger crowd in my gym, understood that truth.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50)

It used to be chest and biceps....

which is usually the case when people first start bodybuilding. (They're the ego-boosting bodyparts we can see in the mirror!) Now, I love to do back and triceps, which amazes me because I used to hate to do back in particular. Also, I love doing legs; not so much the actually work, but the deep sense of satisfaction and pride in myself I get from gutting it out on leg day (the workout I am most tempted to skip because I feel stressed or tired from work).
    Your true age is not a function of how long you've lived, but how you've lived.

blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jmhester View Post
    I personally hate leg day but I have knee and back issues so I have to be really careful with leg workouts.
    I also have back problems so I worry when I do legs, but I don't hate it at all... In fact, I love leg days, but I worry about it...

Peace...
    God is always with me and I'll never give up...

Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Leg day. Love killing my legs.
    "Never give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

"I won't quit while I'm behind. If I do, how will I ever get ahead." - Alex Harb (my cousin)

The only person you have to impress is yourself. But it's nice for others to take notice too.

Life keeps me busy. My workouts keep me sane.

I may get out played, but I will never get out hussled.

bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigeugene is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
    But, if I had to choose one I would say GRIP training. I think that grip/forearm strength should be a litmus test for anyone claiming to be "strong".......If your hands/grip aren't strong, then you're not strong. It all starts with the hands. As for my own hands/grip, I'm still trying to close the Ironmind Captains of Crush #3 gripper.
    Heat, what exercises are your faves for grip/forearms?

As for me, I like weighted dips, which I guess can count as chest and/or tris.

heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    bigeugene,

I will go through periods of time where I switch different exercises related to grip/forearm. For a long time, I worked on the Captains of Crush #2 gripper, which is around 200 pounds of pressure. I also do/did a lot of "plate curls"' where you take a 25 lbs (or whatever size) plate, grab it between your thumb and four fingers, and try to curl it without bending your wrist. It really puts a strain on the wrists as well as the finer muscles of the hands.

Other choices are "farmers walks" where I take about 90-100 lbs. in each hand and just walk with it until my grip gives out.......barbell or dumbell wrist curls......leveraging with a "hammer weight" is another great one.

I always emphasize grip training because strong hands/forearms are useful in everyday life and they make any other exercise stronger as well. I see so many big, pumped up young guys.....but with weak grips. I work with one such guy, huge, impressive biceps, chest, etc...one day I brought the aforementioned #2 gripper to work and was messing around with it when he says, "let me try that gripper" and, when he tried to close it, he barely got it halfway shut. I've tried this on several folks and nobody has ever been able to shut....in part because they probably don't make it a point to specifically train their grip.
    RAW PRs--no suit, no belt, no wraps, no spotters

Squat- 1075 lbs
    Deadlift- 1250 lbs
    Bench- 795 lbs
    Power Clean- 665 lbs.
    Barbell Curl-405 lbs.

225 Bench Press for reps-56 reps
    40 yard dash-4.13 seconds (electronic official time)
    vertical leap-55 inches

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My favourite day is one with deadlifts. I currently do chin-ups, dips and deadlifts on the same day.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whoa, wait a minute...there is a leg day? Just kidding, I just started hitting my legs harder than ever about 6 weeks ago, and what a difference it has made. My vote goes to either back or chest day though.

mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do a upper/lower body split, so not much to choose from. I suppose upper body is more fun, but leg day is gives more satisfaction as I am finally seeing some gains.
    So...I say to a friend that I can't eat what she eats because "I eat funny". So she says "what does funny taste like?". So I say "Like rubber chicken".

Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My favorite would be leg day; with back and chest to follow.
    " Strive for the impossible to be the possible. " - Roger Serafin

" Using no way as way " & " Having no limitation as limitation " - Bruce Lee

The World is Watching. Stay Strong.

DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Legs, then chest

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wow!!

I am suprised at all the leg day people, I figured that was a little weird liking leg day. Just proves once again that I am not as different as I would sometimes like to think

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The feeling of working out is the best part for me, so I don't really have any favorite body part as I love the feeling of blood engorging any part of my body.

But if I had to say what would be my least body part I would have to say Calves, I hate training calves but then again maybe that is because those F'kers wont grow!
    On the list for Bannukah

m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmmm... when I think of blood engorging a part of my body, I'm not generally thinking about lifting weights.. I must have my priorities mixed up.. as usual.
    John McCain:
    "You know, I think you may have noticed that Senator Obama's supporters have been saying some pretty nasty things about Western Pennsylvania lately. And you know, I couldn't agree with them more. I couldn't disagree with you. I couldn't agree with you more than the fact that Western Pennsylvania is the most patriotic, most god-loving, most, most patriotic part of America, and this is a great part of the country."

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    But if I had to say what would be my least body part I would have to say Calves, I hate training calves but then again maybe that is because those F'kers wont grow!
    This is sort of the way I feel about my Forearms, but a lot of the time, I can't directly work them as doing so tends to interfere with guitar playing. I'm still trying to think of the best way to approach this.

My favorite group to work is definitely Back. I also like working Legs as well, followed by Arms. Shoulder and Chest workouts I really come and go on. I don't actively dislike them (at least not anymore, used to hate Shoulder workouts), but they are not my favorites at all. My favorite day to work is usually on Saturday, when I don't feel any rush or pressure and can just let things flow.
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    The feeling of working out is the best part for me, so I don't really have any favorite body part as I love the feeling of blood engorging any part of my body.
    Good answer! Good answer!

I feel the same way. Lately I'm taking each workout day as it comes and trying to give it my best.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).