Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sirtitan View Post
    x2

Agreed these will add size all over the place. The biceps will have no choice but to grow. Weighted chinups are a great complimentary exercise. Ever see a male gymnast who does the still rings not have huge arms?
    lol at deadlifts and squat for biceps

explain to me how that is PHYSIOLOGICALLY POSSIBLE

****, why dont i stop doing presses for shoulders and chest?

deadlift and squat will build them up.

how you ask? Magic
    Best Raw USAPL Competition Lifts
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153130001&p=1052251991#post1052251991

Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LSU1 View Post
    lol at deadlifts and squat for biceps

explain to me how that is PHYSIOLOGICALLY POSSIBLE

****, why dont i stop doing presses for shoulders and chest?

deadlift and squat will build them up.

how you ask? Magic
    I'm glad you find that funny. The hormonal response you will get out of barbell curls can't even compare to that released by deadlifts and squats. I'm not advocating not doing barbell curls or chinups, but the heavy compound movements are what add the bulk of your muscle mass, the isolation exercise add only a marginal amount.
    "At the cost of being repetitive, I have to once again state my amazement at the aspect of human nature that allows us to mix the most rigorous skepticism and the most acute gullibility"

"As drowned worshippers do not write histories of their experiences (it is better to be alive for that), so it is with the losers in history, whether people or ideas"

"Secular bull markets are designed to take the least amount of people along for the ride as possible, call it universal law."

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cheat curls.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm glad you find that funny. The hormonal response you will get out of barbell curls can't even compare to that released by deadlifts and squats. I'm not advocating not doing barbell curls or chinups, but the heavy compound movements are what add the bulk of your muscle mass, the isolation exercise add only a marginal amount.
    Hormonal response has more to do with duration and rep range of exercise than exercise performed.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Noone said they're bad, of course they will build muscle mass to the muscles they actually work, they will do nothing for your biceps though

LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    Hormonal response has more to do with duration and rep range of exercise than exercise performed.
    Originally Posted by d_k View Post
    Noone said they're bad, of course they will build muscle mass to the muscles they actually work, they will do nothing for your biceps though
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and yes, i did find it funny. show me one study that can directly corrolate bicep or chest growth to squats or deadlifts
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153130001&p=1052251991#post1052251991

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile

Originally Posted by papi93 View Post
    "Close-Grip Supinated Chin-Ups

Throughout my career, I've met a lot of people who've packed inches on their elbow flexors simply by doing chinning exercises. The thing is, the main reason they did chinning movements was that they didn't have access to a wide variety of equipment. Necessity, as they say, is often the mother of invention. These individuals, however, were determined to achieve international success, regardless of the limitations imposed on them. You can list Boyer Coe and Arnold Schwarzeneggar as part of this group.

Grasp the chin-up bar with a close, supinated grip. The palms of the hands should be facing you, and your pinky fingers should be 4 to 6 inches apart. Hang below the bar and then pull yourself up until your chin clears the bar. This movement should be done very slowly, on the order of about 15 seconds or so. Then, slowly lower yourself to the start position.

Don't short-change yourself by not coming all the way down. Like it is for any exercise, range of motion is critical.

If your arms haven't grown for a while, consider adopting this movement. It's a sure-fire mass builder."

-Poliquin
    i do these every "arm" day. they seem to be doing the trick, (as well as being extremely difficult)
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the myofibril and sarcoplasmic hypertophy response to your biceps you get from working the BICEPS MUSCLES can't even compare to that of deadlifts and squats.

now wipe the drool off your face.

Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and yes, i did find it funny. show me one study that can directly corrolate bicep or chest growth to squats or deadlifts

You are missing the point here. The topic is best compound movement for biceps. You are suggesting isolation exercises like barbell curls.

http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/sciex.htm

"Since muscle growth is a primary objective, taking command of testosterone and GH is mandatory. In the gym, this translates to using large muscle group exercises, heavy resistance, short rest intervals, and moderate to high volume. It is very rare to see this combination of factors employed consistently by most weight trainers. Why? Because it's often excruciating and requires a mind bent on pillage! Leg extensions and concentration curls have their place, but nothing will stimulate shocking whole-body reconstruction like squats and deadlifts. Remember, with large motor unit stimulation and exhaustion comes an unparalleled release in anabolic hormones. "
    "At the cost of being repetitive, I have to once again state my amazement at the aspect of human nature that allows us to mix the most rigorous skepticism and the most acute gullibility"

"As drowned worshippers do not write histories of their experiences (it is better to be alive for that), so it is with the losers in history, whether people or ideas"

"Secular bull markets are designed to take the least amount of people along for the ride as possible, call it universal law."

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol
    Who was this love of yours?

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    it's all in my sig

+Calf raises and Dorritos
    Who was this love of yours?

kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are missing the point here. The topic is best compound movement for biceps. You are suggesting isolation exercises like barbell curls.
    I believe chinups were suggested, I think they're a great compound exercise for the biceps .. keyword for the biceps

Why on earth do you think doing squats ( a leg exercise ?? ) would make your arms grow? Do you do curls to make your calfs get bigger?

Originally Posted by d_k View Post
    I believe chinups were suggested, I think they're a great compound exercise for the biceps .. keyword for the biceps

Why on earth do you think doing squats ( a leg exercise ?? ) would make your arms grow? Do you do curls to make your calfs get bigger?
    When muscles are put under stress, one of their adaptive functions is release growth hormones into your system. The larger the muscle, the more growth hormone released. Understand, however, that this growth hormone isn't localized -- it's actually released into your blood and circulated through your body, where it encourages protein synthesis and lean muscle growth in other areas of your body as well (like your arms and chest.)

When muscles are put under stress, one of their adaptive functions is release growth hormones into your system. The larger the muscle, the more growth hormone released. Understand, however, that this growth hormone isn't localized -- it's actually released into your blood and circulated through your body, where it encourages protein synthesis and lean muscle growth in other areas of your body as well (like your arms and chest.)
    bro, your generic statements about growth hormones arent teaching anyone anything. so save it. it still boils down to this:

Originally Posted by I dont work at Ballys View Post
    the myofibril and sarcoplasmic hypertophy response to your biceps you get from working the BICEPS MUSCLES can't even compare to that of deadlifts and squats.

if anything that may be a small miniscule boost to other bodyparts

lets try an experiment

how about for six months you dont train chest or arms and only do squats and deadlifts

the come back with the new pics and measurements to show us how well developed your arms and chest have become due to the insane gh release

the point is that the GH released may have a small impact however it doesnt mean **** if you dont do direct work for the muscle group

hell, in squats and deadlifts biceps and chest arent involved whatsoever in the lift
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Senor Awesome View Post
    I know the biceps get worked with compound pull movements, but which exercises would be best for developing them. Compound movements that is.

I know rows , BOR, etc do but which are the best?

Thanks
    Personally I found the best bicep excericise (though I perorm a few) is sitting on a set with about an 75-80 degree angle. Keep your back directly against the back rest, then do dumbell curls both arms together keeping your palms "pointed toward the ceiling" or not perpendicular the whole time. Preachers are also decent, I also like concentration.

these arent compounds obviously, but one will ahve a hard time breaking 15 or 16 without direct bicep work.

65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    *bangs head against desk*

Tell you what, you keep doing those squats and deads for your arms and enjoy them being 15.5".. and I'll keep doing working my biceps with ya know, ACTUAL BICEP EXERCISES, and watch them continue to be much bigger then yours. Deal?
    Return of the Mack?

if anything that may be a small miniscule boost to other bodyparts

lets try an experiment

how about for six months you dont train chest or arms and only do squats and deadlifts

the come back with the new pics and measurements to show us how well developed your arms and chest have become due to the insane gh release

the point is that the GH released may have a small impact however it doesnt mean **** if you dont do direct work for the muscle group

hell, in squats and deadlifts biceps and chest arent involved whatsoever in the lift
    This is getting out of hand. Deadlifts and squats alone will not maximize muscular hypertrophy in the biceps. But when it comes down to it those movements provide the bulk of muscular gains to most body parts. My routine centers around deadlifts squats bench pullups chinups and dips. My conjecture is the first 3 of the aforementioned exercises provide the bulk of my lean body mass. I also recommended chinups in my initial post, but you all decided to blow the deadlift squat thing out of proportion.

Originally Posted by Bluntdogg View Post
    *bangs head against desk*

Tell you what, you keep doing those squats and deads for your arms and enjoy them being 15.5".. and I'll keep doing working my biceps with ya know, ACTUAL BICEP EXERCISES, and watch them continue to be much bigger then yours. Deal?
    I find it interesting that you do, in fact, squat and deadlift more than me and I'm sure you can probably handle more weight on chins than me as well. It's no shock that my arms are smaller than yours.

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I find it interesting that you do, in fact, squat and deadlift more than me and I'm sure you can probably handle more weight on chins than me as well. It's no shock that my arms are smaller than yours.
    Ill put you to rest once and for all

I used to be a bench bicep newbie in my early days. I got my arms all the way to 17 inches without ever doing any deadlifts or squats at all.

After accessing my body I realized I was way out of proportion, I decided to keep my arms at 17 inches to prevent further disproportion. I added deads and squats and have since been able to do the 300s for each. I still doa basic bi routine to maintain size. However my arms are still 17, by your logic if deads and squats were the **** my arms wouldnt have been 17 without them, and they would have grown more with them, niether of which is the case.

Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Ill put you to rest once and for all

I used to be a bench bicep newbie in my early days. I got my arms all the way to 17 inches without ever doing any deadlifts or squats at all.

After accessing my body I realized I was way out of proportion, I decided to keep my arms at 17 inches to prevent further disproportion. I added deads and squats and have since been able to do the 300s for each. I still doa basic bi routine to maintain size. However my arms are still 17, by your logic if deads and squats were the **** my arms wouldnt have been 17 without them, and they would have grown more with them, niether of which is the case.
    yep, there is alot of these guys in the gym everywhere.. you know 19" arms along with 19" quads

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tallbill View Post
    lol, that made me actually laugh outloud. Op asked a question, he got his answer, lets move on.
    he got a bad answer, sometimes if you dont know the answer, it is best to not say anything
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weighted chins by far

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    requires a mind bent on pillage!

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is getting out of hand. Deadlifts and squats alone will not maximize muscular hypertrophy in the biceps. But when it comes down to it those movements provide the bulk of muscular gains to most body parts. My routine centers around deadlifts squats bench pullups chinups and dips. My conjecture is the first 3 of the aforementioned exercises provide the bulk of my lean body mass. I also recommended chinups in my initial post, but you all decided to blow the deadlift squat thing out of proportion.
    New forum members. Same ol' bull****.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    New forum members. Same ol' bull****.

damn right

Location: Come visit Asia!, S'pore, M'sia, HK, Taipei, Bangkok, HCM City, Malaysia
    Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Senor Awesome View Post
    k fair enough. never had heard of them. how much can a bodyweight exercise really build mass?
    get a dip belt, chain up with 45plates, enjoy.