Thread: Fibrous carbs

ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fibrous carbs

What do you think of this fibrous carbs for the no carb days?
    Green peppers bell
    Red peppers bell
    Lettuce
    Cucumbers
    Mushrooms
    Carrots

they are good fibrous carbs?
    what amount of them i can consume in each meal if i eat 6 meals on no carbs day?

Thanks!

omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omurphy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    carrots actually have a decent amount of sugar in them, if you're trying to go low/no carb then I would avoid them

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    no carb days? I am guessing you are on some type of keto diet. If so, you may enjoy many of the threads up here.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ildevilon View Post
    Green peppers bell
    Red peppers bell
    Lettuce
    Cucumbers
    Mushrooms
    Carrots

what amount of them i can consume in each meal if i eat 6 meals on no carbs day?

Thanks!
    Lettuce, cucumbers and should be fine in whatever amount you want. You probably can also include broccoli, cauliflower and green beans as well. I am not 100% sure about mushrooms but I imagine they would be fine as well.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if i eat 6 meals on no carbs day?
    If you think you're consuming zero (0) carbs, then you need to get a better grasp of your dietary intake and of keto.

ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ildevilon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by omurphy21 View Post
    carrots actually have a decent amount of sugar in them, if you're trying to go low/no carb then I would avoid them
    That's what i thought... i will avoid them.
    thanks!

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    no carb days? I am guessing you are on some type of keto diet. If so, you may enjoy many of the threads up here.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61
    My question isn't related to over-all "no carbs" just asking about type of carbs.

Originally Posted by unccwrestler View Post
    Lettuce, cucumbers and should be fine in whatever amount you want. You probably can also include broccoli, cauliflower and green beans as well. I am not 100% sure about mushrooms but I imagine they would be fine as well.
    What about Green peppers bell or even the red ones?
    and thanks!

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    If you think you're consuming zero (0) carbs, then you need to get a better grasp of your dietary intake and of keto.
    not trying to get into keto as it will take a several days without any carbs at all , and im carb cycling so for me no carbs day = around 70g carbs only from veggies.

pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Green peppers bell
    Red peppers bell
    Lettuce
    Cucumbers
    Mushrooms
    Carrots

Thanks!
    Ditch the peppers and carrots. Also avoid corn and peas. Otherwise I would say you can pretty well go hog wild. Most keto circles will openly admit the carbohydrates from green beans, lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, etc. is negligable (some will disagree). What is most important in a keto diet is not adhering to a specific carbohydrate intake, but rather keeping yourself in a state of ketosis. Some people can eat more fibrous vegetables than others; start small and work your way up. The only way to know for sure is to give it a try, but from my experience - this will not be a problem for you.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not trying to get into keto as it will take a several days without any carbs at all , and im carb cycling so for me no carbs day = around 70g carbs only from veggies.
    Originally Posted by pinninIt View Post
    Ditch the peppers and carrots. Also avoid corn and peas. Otherwise I would say you can pretty well go hog wild. Most keto circles will openly admit the carbohydrates from green beans, lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, etc. is negligable (some will disagree). What is most important in a keto diet is not adhering to a specific carbohydrate intake, but rather keeping yourself in a state of ketosis. Some people can eat more fibrous vegetables than others; start small and work your way up. The only way to know for sure is to give it a try, but from my experience - this will not be a problem for you.
    ITT - AAS pinnin boy has strong reading skills
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Thanks bro!
    But im not aiming to get into keto, just to get around 70carbs only from fibrous carbs.
    and im pretty much out of any cauliflower, broccoli, spinach ...etc
    so im wondering if Bell peppers (green/red) and cucumbers are fibrous carbs?

pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinninIt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    ITT - AAS pinnin boy has strong reading skills
    Why the hate *******? I don't pin anything, it is just a username (and even if I was, what the **** has that got to do with anything?). Regardless of keto or carbohydrate cycling, the end result of the advice remains the same;

1) Ditch the vegetables providing high net carbohydrates,
    2) Start at a safe point and work up to a level of comfort.

Thanks bro!
    But im not aiming to get into keto, just to get around 70carbs only from fibrous carbs.
    and im pretty much out of any cauliflower, broccoli, spinach ...etc
    so im wondering if Bell peppers (green/red) and cucumbers are fibrous carbs?
    I caught the carbohydrate intentions from the ******* above.

In any case the principle remains the same for fibrous vegetables. In the case of carbohydrate cycling, bell peppers are not as much of an issue - so don't worry. If I am not mistaken they are like 2:1 of sugar:fibre, and a whole pepper is usually only a handful of calories: 25 Cals - 50 Cals. Cucumbers are very similar in terms of caloric intake (for a whole cucumber), but the the breakdown is a lot less favourable (if I recall correctly). Not sure on the macronutrient breakdown because I generally just avoid them on keto (cut) and don't include veggie intake on bulk. However, for your application, if all you have laying around is some cucumbers - eat 'em! You'll be fine.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why the hate *******? I don't pin anything, it is just a username (and even if I was, what the **** has that got to do with anything?). Regardless of keto or carbohydrate cycling, the end result of the advice remains the same;

1) Ditch the vegetables providing high net carbohydrates,
    2) Start at a safe point and work up to a level of comfort.

I caught the carbohydrate intentions from the ******* above.
    roid rage?
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321